• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bloodborne (SCEJA game) news announcement on the 21st!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's an announcement of a Sony 1st Party IP. That's all the evidence we need

And from Japan, don't forget about that.

You guys are killing me with talk of Crash and TLG.
Let's all just think it's Knack and Toro's Grand Adventure so we won't be crushed yet again.

...that would actually be pretty nice

Why you guys are hoping for things like TLG/DQ/GT7 is beyond me.

Because there's always hope.

Takao

Banned
If it's meant to be an anniversary game, it's clearly PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Mk2 developed by 8ing in collaboration with Capcom.

The Wii :D

I'm talking about PlayStation. Nintendo consoles are horrendous when it comes to 3rd party games selling.

Monster Hunter isn't some niche RPG, but okay.

CMsa7b0.jpg

BELIEVE DAMN IT BELIEVE

If it's meant to be an anniversary game, it's clearly PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Mk2 developed by 8ing in collaboration with Capcom.

Monster Hunter isn't some niche RPG, but okay.
If you list me all the successful 3rd party games that have sold really well on Nintendo console in the last 15 years to disprove my point, you're more than welcome to.

If it's an anniversary, it's going to be a big disappointment for me. The fact that several people know about it and it hasn't arleady leaked has me worried = it'sfuckingnothing.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My guess is Vib Ribbon. Fits the "not necessarily a game" bit people were rguing about earlier as it will be both a game and the default visualizer for mp3 playback on your PS4. It is a throwback to the early days of Playstation. Not to mention the ridiculous teases the past few months.

WonderzL

Banned
If you list me all the successful 3rd party games that have sold really well on Nintendo console in the last 15 years to disprove my point, you're more than welcome to.

If it's an anniversary, it's going to be a big disappointment for me. The fact that several people know about it and it hasn't arleady leaked has me worried = it'sfuckingnothing.gif
Come on... Just look at Yokai Watch. And this...
Bx12g2SCUAIBBBB.png

What about Parappa the Rappa?

Wasnt that con artist that does the voiceovers for Parappa hinting on Facebook that he was doing more voiceover work or something?

Can't find it to quote it now, but to the guy who was asking why Crash would be announced at a TGS or something instead of E3, Crash was ri-goddamned-diculously huge in Japan. Huge deal for Sony at the time. The later non-PS-exclusives would actually have Japan-exclusive character models to keep with the marketing. In the West, Crash was big, but in Japan, he was a marketing machine.

It still isn't Crash.

What about Parappa the Rappa?

Wasnt that con artist that does the voiceovers for Parappa hinting on Facebook that he was doing more voiceover work or something?

The guy has a very bizarre sense of reality.

To him they are likely planning Parappa 7 with a full concert performance at the Grammys to follow-up his Oscar for 'Best Original Song' award given to him at the Academy Awards for "Parappa the Rapper: The Motion Picture".

Fuck that guy.

LuuKyK

Is that post that someone made saying "what comes to mind when you think playstation?" actually from an insider or just speculation of his/her part?

Because I can actually it see it being something crazy like Final Fantasy VII Remake, or whatever its called. Reasons:

- Verendus outright said that its coming. To believe him or not is something entirely different though;

- The original game launched 18 years ago (close to 20);

- FFVII is directly tied to Playstation's history and it would make sense that its announced at TGS (obviously). Of course, PS needs big titles for Japan as the console is not so hot there right now;

- Sony is actually promoting this as a big reveal, as seen by it having an entire stream dedicated to it;

- Square Enix seems to have taken a completely different approach to new games after the changes it had in its direction last year. So I can see them going all out with their biggest money maker (which is already pretty evident by the announcements like Type-o HD, XV, Agito +, XIII on Steam and the very consistent flow of information regarding them).

Obviously, I am just speculating, and I am aware that its a crazy theory that has next to zero chance of actually happening, but still... why the hell not?

Come on... Just look at Yokai Watch. And this...
Bx12g2SCUAIBBBB.png
What does that have to do with what I asked? :S The 3DS is beast but you as well have come in and started talking about how delicious Milky Way bar is, and it would have been just as relevant.

If so I'm sorry. I don't separate "handhelds" and "consoles". Yes, Wii U third party games sell like shit.
It's all good boyo. Yes, I wasn't including handhelds, because that would incude the Vita there. :p I meant on PlayStation as a console. Even when Capcom did the same on the Wii instead of PS3, it made me scratch my head. :S It's clearly a combination of Capcom being idiots as well as them having some issues with Sony IMO.

Is that post that someone made saying "what comes to mind when you think playstation?" actually from an insider or just speculation of his/her part?

Because I can actually it see it being something crazy like Final Fantasy VII Remake, or whatever its called. Reasons:

- Verendus outright said that its coming. To believe him or not is something entirely different though;

- FFVII is directly tied to Playstation's history and it would make sense that its announced at TGS (obviously). Of course, PS needs big titles for Japan as the console is not so hot there right now;

- Sony is actually promoting this as a big reveal, as seen by it having an entire stream dedicated to it;

- Square Enix seems to have taken a completely different approach to new games after the changes it had in its direction last year. So I can see them going all out with their biggest money maker (which is already pretty evident by the announcements like Type-o HD, XV, Agito +, XIII on Steam and the very consistent flow of information regarding them).

Obviously, I am just speculating, and I am aware that its a crazy theory that has next to zero chance of actually happening, but still...

Please, stahp.

Souls Collection for PS4, which includes Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, complete with DLC. Remastered in 1080p at 60fps.

jiggle

Obviously, I am just speculating, and I am aware that its a crazy theory that has next to zero chance of actually happening, but still... why the hell not?

Yes yes yes!
Lemme subscribe to this newsletter

Stop playing with my emotions !

I am sure that I am wrong, but this is what I think as well.

Verendus also said that Yakuza Ishin was going to be translated.

Redhood

The stage is set. With the amount of buildup even if GR2 gets revealed it will be disappointing. This announcement needs to be big and I mean "big" big.

can't overshadow XV and all that. gotta spread it out.

Well, XV just had its' big coming out party. Are they really cool with dropping that out now?

Also, if this thing is A: FFVII and B: Holiday 2014...then it goes:

FFVII (Holiday 2014)
FF Type 0 (Spring 2015)
FFXV (?)

The stage is set. With the amount of buildup even if GR2 gets revealed it will be disappointing. This announcement needs to be big and I mean "big" big.

Who really know about this but GAF, though? It hasn't gotten a big amount of play yet. I think this was always supposed to be a surprise, too.

This makes me think smaller. Way smaller. Downloadable small.

As much as I believe a Final Fantasy VII remake could happen in the future, I don't think announcing it before FF XV is released would be a good idea.

Then again, we're talking about Square-Enix here; who the fuck knows what's going on in their minds.

Shahed

I'm ready for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal 2!

Please no.

That game could have been so much better if done right. The fan service just wasn't there, awful representation of what made Playstation what it is in terms of genre's, bad 3rd party choices, terrible aesthetic and design all round. Sure they gameplay itself was alright, but everything else was dire.

That game could have been so much better if done right. The fan service just wasn't there, awful representation of what made Playstation what it is in terms of genre's, bad 3rd party choices, terrible aesthetic and design all round. Sure they gameplay itself was alright, but everything else was dire.

The gameplay was okay-ish... except for the fact that you could only get kills with supers. That mechanic alone makes me hate the game.

The fan-service was the biggest let down. Honestly, I'm such a horribly fanboy-ish Playstation consumer that I would have forgiven them for the terrible design (not the aesthetic though, God that was bad) if they had just had a better representation of their franchises. Still salty about the character roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom