• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bloodborne (SCEJA game) news announcement on the 21st!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a PS4 Jumping Flash.... holy fuckballs I can't even imagine it!

At this point I'd be happy with a quick-dev, mid-tier, PS3-quality Jumping Flash game.

500 million to make one game isn't something to sneeze at. Destiny got a huge marketing push. Think of it as the exception, rather than the norm.

Destiny can't be a 500m dollar game, it just doesn't look like they spent that much on developing or marketing the game. GTA V was worth 265m and Destiny doesn't come close to the advertising that game received.

Takao

Banned
Well here is the thing... there is an unannounced Sony game at TGS.

IGN played it during an earthquake.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/09/16/tgs-2014-i-played-an-earthquake-in-japan

At no point does that article say the game was unannounced or from Sony. It was likely Final Fantasy Type-0 HD's preview event under a NDA.

One thing I never understood is why Capcom has not made a Monster Hunter game with Sony for the PS4 (and PS3 earlier). It seems like such an obvious success, you really have to wonder what they're thinking. I'd put money on 750K PS4s sold the month it would release.

Because it would sell a lot more in your imagination than in real life. The best selling Monster Hunter on a home console topped out at a million in Japan on a platform with a userbase PS4 is likely to never reach. The best selling Monster Hunter on a handheld sold over 4.5 million copies. Why would you make a hugely expensive console game when your audience isn't there? If Capcom were to make a PS4 MH, how long would it take for them to be able to reuse those assets in a new handheld title?

Is it just me or is TGS basically just a Playstation convention at this point.

There are more mobile games at TGS than every other platform combined. That doesn't sound like a PlayStation trade show to me.

I love Toshinden, but in a totally corny/broken ass way. The anime being that way helps too.

Bloody Roar I think is not in their hands.

Sony owns neither of those properties. Toshinden seems to be with Takara Tomy. Bloody Roar is in Konami's Hudson vault.

Anyone remember DemonNite teasing something related to the Playstation Anniversary i remember it being around E3 2014, but cant search atm

Hexa

If I'm understanding this correctly, this doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Bloodborne. It's the closing so like a "one more thing" for the entity of TGS.

At no point does that article say the game was unannounced or from Sony. It was likely Final Fantasy Type-0 HD's preview event under a NDA.

Because it would sell a lot more in your imagination than in real life. The best selling Monster Hunter on a home console topped out at a million in Japan on a platform with a userbase PS4 is likely to never reach. The best selling Monster Hunter on a handheld sold over 4.5 million copies. Why would you make a hugely expensive console game when your audience isn't there? If Capcom were to make a PS4 MH, how long would it take for them to be able to reuse those assets in a new handheld title?

There are more mobile games at TGS than every other platform combined. That doesn't sound like a PlayStation trade show to me.

Sony owns neither of those properties. Toshinden seems to be with Takara Tomy. Bloody Roar is in Konami's Hudson vault.
When was this? I never heard of it. How early into MH's franchise was this game made?

It's the long awaited Dragon Quest XI.

Celebrates the return of the brand to Pl... okay, I can't. Trying to go over in my head brands that make Japan go crazy with a game that somehow will be released this fall.

All I can come up with is Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, Pokemon and Yokai Watch.

So naturally it is all four of them.

Takao

Banned
When was this? I never heard of it. How early into MH's franchise was this game made?

Monster Hunter Tri on the Nintendo Wii in 2009. That was a year after Monster Hunter Freedom Unite launched on PSP and a year before Portable 3rd launched on the handheld to sales of 4.8 million. To put that further into perspective, Tri received a global release backed by Nintendo marketing the game. It did 1.9 million worldwide, while P3rd never left Japan.

Pyccko

a PS4 Jumping Flash.... holy fuckballs I can't even imagine it!

At this point I'd be happy with a quick-dev, mid-tier, PS3-quality Jumping Flash game.

I think I might actually die of happiness if that happened. The sheer force of my orgasm would send me into orbit. Around Neptune.

Monster Hunter Tri on the Nintendo Wii in 2009. That was a year after Monster Hunter Freedom Unite launched on PSP and a year before Portable 3rd launched on the handheld to sales of 4.8 million. To put that further into perspective, Tri received a global release backed by Nintendo marketing the game. It did 1.9 million worldwide, while P3rd never left Japan.
The Wii :D

I'm talking about PlayStation. Nintendo consoles are horrendous when it comes to 3rd party games selling.

Kaswa101

Signing up for the Crash Bandicoot hypetrain. We all know it's going off the end of an unfinished bridge right into Disappointment Lake, but hey, might as well go for the ride if the tickets are free, brother.

I'm right there with you! Lol I'm on-board with the hype train. Crash or TLG please.

Dazzle me, Sony.

AAK

If it was something important, they would have revealed it during the press conference where all the press were present. Lower your expectations.

Destiny can't be a 500m dollar game, it just doesn't look like they spent that much on developing or marketing the game. GTA V was worth 265m and Destiny doesn't come close to the advertising that game received.

Except it didn't cost 500 million to make.

Yes but the marketing is part of the cost. You can try and separate the two all you want but it is part of the expense related to the game.

Zetta

Well we got info and a demo release for FFXV. Now all we need is TLG to show up so that I know I'm still in bed dreaming lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom