• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Horizon: AMD New ZEN CPU Preview Event

Of course not, anyone expecting their high end sku in Scorpio was delusional. At best it would have gotten one of the lowest if not lowest part.
4core/8threads
half the cache
2.x ghz

that is what we can and should expect in the scorpio soc.
and if this ne architecture of amd is really that great, there is 0% chance of ms not having it into xbox scorpio. just to good to pass

Vuze

Are you kidding me? As if the 6700k wasn't able to stream 1080p while playing dota?

E: Or was everything running on the iGPU?

4core/8threads
half the cache
2.x ghz

and if this ne architecture of amd is really that great, there is 0% chance of ms not having it into xbox scorpio. just to good to pass

I don't see MS gimping the core count. Other things maybe, but not the core count

Comparing Ryzen to a 6700k @ 4.5GHz in terms of streaming and gaming one machine is really suspect.

Almost any streamer I know who does both off one machine have at least a 6850K not a fucking 6700K lol.

tuxfool

Banned
4core/8threads
half the cache
2.x ghz

Other than the fact that these are large cores and AMD stated semicustom designs won't be available until 2018?

AmyS

4core/8threads
half the cache
2.x ghz

Microsoft said 8 cores in Scorpio. Not 4 cores / 8 threads.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
iGPU? What is in Ryzen GPU wise?

I didn't think AMD's CPUs typically have iGPUs? They were using Titan X's to run the other demos.

Comparing Ryzen to a 6700k @ 4.5GHz in terms of streaming and gaming one machine is really suspect.

Almost any streamer I know who does both off one machine have at least a 6850K not a fucking 6700K lol.

I believe they also showed a 6900K demo. But likely the point was to say that Ryzen can do what a 6700K can't.

I don't see MS gimping the core count. Other things maybe, but not the core count
depends on the diesize it takes...
i'm not sure if they will go for 8/16
and we alreday know there will be a 4/16 version, as zen is scalable

i would like to be wrong, but i don't see the highest high-end cpu in a console
so 4/8 for me...

They showed it compared to the 6900k first, but showed the 6700k for price comparison if the leaked price point is accurate.

Top Bottom