• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Horizon: AMD New ZEN CPU Preview Event

FinKL

Lisa is comparing cost a lot so I'm assuming it's going to be cheaper.

It's just a case of how much cheaper.

Right, that intel CPU is out of range for a lot of us, seems like a majority of owners hover around the intel 6600-6700 range which is $300-$400.

I doubt they'll hit this price point, but we'll see in a few.

Intru

Didn't they cover up the clock speed of the AMD CPU during the handbrake bench?

I don't have audio turned on since I'm at work though...

PnCIa

3.4 means nothing by itself. IPC performance will be important when comparing it to Skylake/Kaby Lake.
Since the IPC is supposedly within range of modern Intel processors, it actually means that they could have something good on their hands this time.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
95W - check. Now give me a non-extortion price.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
It feels very odd that these demos are running on a Titan X. It's a shame they weren't ready to demo with Vega.

phansen

Neo Member
They're only talking about 8C/16T which seems overkill for gaming. I' way more interested in an i7-6700k/7700k competitor.

No better way to test CPU Performance in Battlefield 1 than single player...

Oh man, I know there's many variables at play in multiplayer but it's pretty pointless to test CPU performance in single player, multiplayer performance is a lot more CPU bound.

No better way to test CPU Performance in Battlefield 1 than single player...

Oh man, I know there's many variables at play in multiplayer but it's pretty pointless to test CPU performance in single player, multiplayer performance is a lot more CPU bound.

they didn't even include the FPS counter which seems suspect as hell lol

they didn't even include the FPS counter which seems suspect as hell lol

From Anandtech:

To that extent, at the pre-briefing, Ryan was shown two systems running Titan X graphics cards in SLI and Battlefield 1 at 4K settings - one system was running Ryzen, and the other an i7-6900K (the 8-core Broadwell-E chip). Ryan was unable to determine an obvious visual difference between the two frame-rate wise, which was the point of the demo.

Top Bottom