• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Horizon: AMD New ZEN CPU Preview Event

StereoVsn

I don't see MS gimping the core count. Other things maybe, but not the core count
They already said it's 8 cores. Also considering that AMd stated that there will be no custom SOCs for Zen until 2018 I doubt that Scorpio will have it.

CPU looks pretty interesting but the big question is pricing. If they can price this at $500-600 we will have a pretty good competition on our hands. If they can price it at $400, then there will be availability issues :). We shall see I guess.

Ionic

Please AMD we just need specs, prices, and dates. That's all I want from presentations. Otherwise decent show.

They already said it's 8 cores. Also considering that AMd stated that there will be no custom SOCs for Zen until 2018 I doubt that Scorpio will have it.

CPU looks pretty interesting but the big question is pricing. If they can price this at $500-600 we will have a pretty good competition on our hands. If they can price it at $400, then there will be availability issues :). We shall see I guess.

Well, it's very likely AMD never said that.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
No pricing? That surprises me. I guess that'll happen when the launch date is announced.

IpDAgCi.gif

Top Bottom