• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Life Is Strange game confirmed; not at E3; Life is Strange sold over 3 million

Spman2099

Not sure why people tend to love so much this game. Bought and completed it because the hype, and got truly dissapointed due to the poor dialogues in the entire game.

Hopefully the script is a little better written next time around. Their attempt to encapsulate the speaking patterns of teenagers was admirable, but ended up falling flat (and was a little bit embarrassing at times). Another thing they need to work on is their antagonists. Most of them were so incredibly one-note. Hopefully they use this opportunity to improve on some of the failings of the first game.

Oh, and if we get a new protagonist it would be nice if they were a little more flawed. Why does Max have so many enemies again? Because she is so incredibly genuine, loyal, and thoughtful?

Improve the script a bit pls.

Also, (ending)
I hope the ending isn't terrible again, I picked up the game because of the mystery that never got answered + choices were meaningless.

EdgeXL

I may get crucified for this but I hope the story follows a new cast of characters and setting. As much as I loved Max and Chloe, I feel their story has been told.

life_is_strange.jpg
Their story is complete. They earned their rest.

It should definitely be a new cast. But if they were to reuse the original cast, hopefully they slot the best character from LiS into the lead

5xesiut62ae7.png

Necron

As much as I liked Chloe and Max, I hope we get a new cast of characters. As long as they can keep the dreamy/nostalgic/Twin Peaks-esque atmosphere going then I'm all in. Perhaps some small references to the first series would be lovely.

CamHostage

Really sweet little video from the team too, they seem to have taken the success and impact of the game to heart. Best of luck to Dontnod!

Awesome! Hoping for new cast and setting too. I think it'd be cool to follow characters in an exchange program in France. Relatively small group of students and adult characters in a foreign land would be ripe for drama.

Great News!

As much as I liked Max+Chloe, I really hope they have a new cast for LiS2 (mainly because of some spoilery endgame stuff that I won't go into that necessitates they make an ending I didn't choose canon).

TimFL

Can't wait for more hip teenager dialogues written by 40 year old french men.

Absolutely cringeworthy game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
DAY -1

Recently replayed LiS1 for the third time

GOTY still

HYYYYPEEEEE

theBmZ

I don't quite know how to feel about this. I know for sure I am hella excited. One of my favorite games of all time. I wonder if it will be about Max and crew, or a completely new cast of characters. I hope this game can reach me on an emotional level like the first did.

Staf

Would have been my GOTY if it weren't for it being released the same year as Witcher 3. But man, that ending (and probably the whole final episode) wasn't very good...

extralite

Obligatory "I want this in VR" post.

The original was great. I liked the mechanics, the story and characters, and especially the episodic format. It's much easier to commit to a game when you can play it in bursts of 1-2 days of playtime. So I'm glad this format found so much success.

Top Bottom