• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Life Is Strange game confirmed; not at E3; Life is Strange sold over 3 million

Will get the game when it's free on PS plus years later.

The 1st was better than Telltale games but suffer from the same weakness where Western interactive visual novels like to give gamer a illusion of choice.

Great news. Can't wait.
7961531386_16bf39abfe_b.jpg

Hope the soundtrack is as thoughtfully chosen as the original.

What are the right things needed to do to trigger it?
Is it as simple as agreeing to do the dare or not?

It's like this, but not only this single step. If I remember correct it's more like a score system that gives you points if you agree with her etc.
Oh and I think you also won't get it if you
kiss Warren
, no matter how many 'points' you had.

And in the end part 2 will be an action game:

which by the way I somehow would really like to play.

No kidding, a new story with new characters please. Just keep the approach to throw the player in situations, where we have to handle unconfortable, emotion

TheSun

Woot, loved watching folk play this. Great news, yo.

Wonder if they're gonna keep the same power this time. There's a lot you can do with the idea.

Like for example: you're and ordinary business man who wants to live a peaceful life, but your dark secret keeps forcing you to rewind time, preventing peeps from finding out. You own an awesome cat.

It's like this, but not only this single step. If I remember correct it's more like a score system that gives you points if you agree with her etc.
kiss Warren

Ahhh I see, didn't know that at all thanks for the info :)

TimFL

The french team doesn't write the dialogue... They hired an american writer to do it. You really think french guys could write such specific expressions?

Anyway, the dialogue is rough when you're not in the groove of the game at first, but it quickly becomes one of its strenght.

I cringed myself through the game on PC. Didn't like it, got it on the PS4 for cheap during a sale a year ago but I can't bring myself to finish it for the platinum for that exact reason.

Maybe the sequel is better in that regard.

rainz

One of those games that makes you want to tell other people to play just to experience it. Its not for everyone but if it resonates with you when it hits the notes its trying for it is pretty much unmatched in my book. So glad they sold so many and this is happening!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Would you guys like to see the continued adventures of Max or star different characters ?

erawsd

Would you guys like to see the continued adventures of Max or star different characters ?

Hopefully, a different character. I never like when games give you multiple endings and then release a sequel that basically shits on those decisions.

Soriku

kiss Warren

And in the end part 2 will be an action game:

which by the way I somehow would really like to play.

No kidding, a new story with new characters please. Just keep the approach to throw the player in situations, where we have to handle unconfortable, emotion

I kissed Warren and still got it IIRC.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I LOVED the first game, but how will they do a second one considering how the first ended?

DylanEno

Spied this cosplay on twitter, I'd not post it if it were not so bloody good

tumblr_oomsges59D1uw1vxro1_1280.png
👀👀👀 Source?

I love Max so much, so I'd love to see her back, so long as it's without Chloe.

It's be kind of neat to see an alternate timeline Max where none of the events in season 1 took place. Same girl, same powers, different setting, different characters.

Fuchsdh

So would you guys and girls like the next game to feature "realistic visuals" like this? Or keep the same art style as the first game?

They'd be better off leaning more into the stylization, honestly. Even for a smaller-budget game in 2015 Life is Strange has some pretty terrible animation and lip sync. If they improve the graphics but don't substantially overhaul that aspect it'll be creepy mannequins with fish mouths.

New characters seems like a good idea, because weakness of the ending aside unless they let you completely continue on with your choices it always does feel like it shits on the whole idea of the game when arbitrarily some choices are made valid.

Top Bottom