• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Life Is Strange game confirmed; not at E3; Life is Strange sold over 3 million

BobLoblaw

Banned
Yas! The first game is so fucking great. It's in my top 5 along with stuff like Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Final Fantasy 6. The only problem will be waiting until all episodes are released before jumping in. :(

Happy to hear something official. I'm curious to see if they'll carry on with Max's story, or start fresh with a new cast. I'm hoping the latter - like someone above mentioned, Max's story feels complete and doesn't need to be extended. There are a lot of places they could go with the butterfly effect concept, and I'm excited to see them explore the possibilities!

HELL YES! This was an unexpected hit with me, it has been the only sort of "choice" type game that I've played and it really just resonated with me. Hoping for new characters, lets leave Arcadia Bay behind.

I really hope it's separate from EVERYTHING - story, characters, setting, etc.

The original should exist in its own little bubble. Such a cool game that doesn't need anything more.

MultiCore

I loved season one. The weakest part was some of the later scenes with the antagonist. I hope they grow and produce something even better next time.

I'm totally ready for season 2.

CrazyDude

New cast and setting will get me to try this one out. I was turned off by the characters and setting of the first one, but I am willing to give them another chance as long as the setting and cast are different.

I do wonder if they will keep the time aspect of it the same or do some other kind of supernatural kind of thing.

wouwie

I'm happy for the team that the game sold over 3 million. They tried something different and it worked. Also, a lot of these sales were due to word of mouth and the quality of the game so well deserved.

I'm happy there is going to be a second part, hopefully with a completely new cast and setting and maybe less cringe worthy dialogue. And a better, less rushed, last couple of episodes :)

Charamiwa

Banned
Can't wait for more hip teenager dialogues written by 40 year old french men.

Absolutely cringeworthy game.

The french team doesn't write the dialogue... They hired an american writer to do it. You really think french guys could write such specific expressions?

Anyway, the dialogue is rough when you're not in the groove of the game at first, but it quickly becomes one of its strenght.

I'm always a bit surprised when people complain about the storytelling in this game. I can't think of any other game that had me care about so many characters to the point where more than a year later I can name most of them, their relationships to one another, and with so many being ancillary to the main cast. It bothers me when people get hung up on the "hella" thing and criticize the writing as a whole because of it. If anything, because the town and secondary cast is so good, the final choice in the game always felt so lopsided.

And with that said, I've mentioned before in the community thread, but I want this new season to have no connection to the people of Arcadia Bay. I want an entire new town and new cast and nothing except a thematic connection to the first game. And, I think my vote last time was small Texan or Appalachian town.

PrimeTime

Life is Stranger

Life is Stranger: Life in Danger

But anyway, I thought the first season was a bit over-the-top. It kept feeling like the 1st season wanted to hit every controversial topic a high schooler could imagine which made the characters and their reactions completely obnoxious. Hopefully the writers can find a good balance this next time around.

MrBS

Hmmm not sure I want this. It struck me as one and done so a continuation of the world/characters doesn't really have a hold on me. I think a big part of the arts college teen angst aesthetic was tied to the characters of the original so if they tried to replicate that again it wouldn't feel right. I guess what I'm asking for is a game with a new look and feel with a similar time mechanic?

Who knows, maybe the trailer will be show a straight sequel continuation but I'll be fine with it. Just add dinosaurs this time!

jabuseika

I got this game on some newegg sale, right when episode one released, for some ridiculous low price, and It came with all the future episodes.

I felt so bad after I finished the game, I bought it again at full price.

What a ride of a story.

Loz246789

YEEESSSS Life is Strange was my favourite game of... the year it came out. I forget. But it subtly fixed a lot of problems that I have with the genre, AND was pretty gay. Which is always a plus.

Definitely excited for a sequel. (I'd be fine with any gender for the protagonist honestly, although on a super biased personal level I'd love a gay/bisexual/whatever male. Anything else is also cool though)

~Kinggi~

Banned
Its gonna be tough for them to deliver with this. I loved the first one. It had the right combination of being a surprise, feeling fresh and unique, and having great characters. On this 2nd go around they are basically losing the surprise and freshness. Gonna have to be way better in quality.

Less teen drama this time, please.

tumblr_inline_nws2k92WOR1rnuwz9_500.gif

Top Bottom