• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

lem0n

I'm probably going to hit Target at 8am when it opens tomorrow, my friend works in Electronics and he said he'd hold one for me. Keeping an eye out for a MM edition, but expecting to find a Black one. Either way, will be happy. I'm wishing luck to everyone else going out tomorrow without a pre-order!

ohlawd

currently doing a system transfer from my Animal Crossing XL to MH XL :3

already using a 64 gig microsd so this'll be fast <3

Jetku

Already moved my games, etc to the micro sd card earlier today. Transfer from 3ds to new 3ds took 8 minutes 30 seconds, then just swapped the cards.

But God damn is there a lot of confusing menu text.

JCX

System transfer failed. Man this is not my luck. Old 3DS failed. n3DS still says preparing for transfer.

SiDCrAzY

Don't get the Vita. IMO, that system is dead...unless there are games you must play/buy for that system.

Without getting into a whole Vita vs 3DS debate, yes it does have games I want to play. So does the 3DS, can't afford both unfortunately.

Will have to research some more and make a decision.

So my impressions. The better contrast AMD colors is the most noticeable thing at first, everything really pops.

Second, the stable 3D works like a dream, really worth it.

Third, I'm amazed at how much faster this thing really is. I feel like I'm not waiting for anything anymore.

All and all really glad I bought it so far. It really does feel like a 3DSi.

Without getting into a whole Vita vs 3DS debate, yes it does have games I want to play. So does the 3DS, can't afford both unfortunately.

Cool. Don't get me wrong, the Vita is a great system if there are games you want to play and you have a PS4.

amnesiac

System transfer transfers over the NNID too, right? So I don't have to download all of my purchases that I've since deleted from my old 3DS before I do the transfer, correct?

stupei

Cross-post from another thread:

I'm so frustrated. I made sure to get the right type of screwdriver, was extra careful, and still ended up with one of the screws stripped it looks like. The other one was super easy, went smoothly, but the right side is still completely sealed. It hasn't budged at all since my first attempt, and I'm afraid putting more pressure on it is going to fuck it up since the soft screw looks like it's already wearing down.

Great.

What are the odds I can take this to gamestop tomorrow or the Nintendo World Store to complain? Or maybe they'll be capable of removing it?

IzzyF3

If you are on the Sony bandwagon, there is no reason to not get a Vita. With PS Plus and so many crossbuy games, you'll have a nice collection of really great games before you know it.

It's a harder decision if you weren't already in Sony's ecosystem.

Possibly dumb question: I don't Gamestop too much, so when I preordered the MM N3DSXL, I had them ship it to the store because I had the dumb idea maybe it would get there earlier. What's the process for that? Do they still text you/call you when it arrives in store?

Ludovico

If your the fourth person, then I would go now to be the first. Don't want to be screwed out of the system if you leave and come back later.

EDIT: sorry mis-read the question. GO NOW.

SUCCESS!!

Setting up the system now, going to get to the update then hit the sack - I've got work in five hours :(

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm not a tech person, so I'm just gonna go with the standard transfer method and use the default SD Card. 2 GB was plenty for the old 3DS, so 4 GB will suit me just fine...

I wasn't planning on getting it right away, but I can't resist. I'm a bit apprehensive at how heavy the XL is, but on the other hand, I love how big the screen is since I have difficulty with smaller screens lately.

How do DS games look on the XL, though? You can still play DS games, right?

BooJoh

Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 02/13/2015, By End of Day

The hype is too much.

Is it safe to do my system transfer from my old 3DS to my MH one without losing my MH4U license if my system arrives before MH4U hits the eShop?

I'm also curious if people who bought the MH n3DS will be eligible for the free Home Theme. I don't know if pre-installed software comes with a digital receipt or anything.

How do DS games look on the XL, though? You can still play DS games, right?

DS games on XL when run in non-stretch mode (holding select or start) should be about the same size as on a DSi screen. In stretch mode any stretching artifacts will be more noticeable.

sadromeo

Alright!

Just came back from Gamestop:

Black N3DSL paid and ready to get
MH4U - paid and ready to get
MM - paid and ready to get

Midnight hurry up!

AC adapter - already have
3DS USB cable - delivery scheduled for tomorrow

I am so ready for this.

If you are on the Sony bandwagon, there is no reason to not get a Vita. With PS Plus and so many crossbuy games, you'll have a nice collection of really great games before you know it.

It's a harder decision if you weren't already in Sony's ecosystem.

Great answer izzyF3. My answer was idiotic and I apologize.

Just got home from picking up my system and Majora's mask from GameStop. This is what it looks like outside Target. They are camping for the Zelda 3DS. 52 degrees outside in Central Florida :O

QvNE6uU.jpg

Super hot! Feels like 7 here.

Hopefully no one camping out at mine :/

Has anyone that preordered in store at best buy received a confirmation of their order being ready for pickup tomorrow? I preordered a black one from there.

I'm at my walmart right now, 1205am, and no one has any idea what I'm talking about. They keep thinking I want the old 3ds. FmL they say they didn't even know there was a new release. Ugh...

A guy at my Walmart knew about it, but they didn't have any. Wouldn't have been as upset if they had answered the fucking phone before and told me, but instead I ended up wasting my time.

//ARCANUM

A guy at my Walmart knew about it, but they didn't have any. Wouldn't have been as upset if they had answered the fucking phone before and told me, but instead I ended up wasting my time.

9 times out of 10, walmart has no idea what is going on when a new electronics product is launching.

careksims

Shouldn't have used normal shipping for Gamestop. Gonna get both MM n3DS and MM LE next Tues >_< aw well I can wait a little longer and by then hopefully system update will download smoothly.

Good luck to everyone who's trying to snag a LE tomorrow!

Ibuki

Banned
Sorry if this has already been answered guys. Can I copy everything over to the new MicroSD tonight and still be able to do the transfer tomorrow? If not I can just bring my PC to work.

Went to Wal-Mart and a couple Meijers in southeast Michigan. Both had several black and red versions. No Majora's Mask versions, but I wasn't expecting any really. I assume they never ordered any?

Ecto311

Walmart in canon city Colorado has 5 and no one has shown any interest according to the electronics people. I'm getting one then selling my old one here or eBay fuck that GameStop shit.

Ibuki

Banned
Walmart in canon city Colorado has 5 and no one has shown any interest according to the electronics people. I'm getting one then selling my old one here or eBay fuck that GameStop shit.

You mean how gamestop only got enough for reserves? be pissed at Nintendo for not supplying enough.

Tain

I told myself I wouldn't buy one of these solely for better visuals in Monster Hunter 4 but I'm seriously considering it, lol. Fuuuck.

Chucker

I told myself I wouldn't buy one of these solely for better visuals in Monster Hunter 4 but I'm seriously considering it, lol. Fuuuck.
Yeah, I'd have bought MonHun if the store had it. It's not on the eShop yet either.
The 3D is so locked in that I'll probably use it all the time now.
Really impressed.

Oh man, EB Games don't even list them on their Canadian site anymore. Thank goodness I reserved one back when I was still indecisive.

What are the odds that they fuck up and lose their stock before I make it there in the morning?

Khezu

Got a New 3DS and MH4 from a Meijers when I went grocery shopping.
Didn't have any chargers though.

C stick is weird.

jrDev

The GameStop transfer thing is brilliant! Why don't they do this all the time? Just give you 3 days to return with the receipt and get a credit...

Top Bottom