• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

Picking one up tomorrow, first time 3ds owner. Think I'll pick up Majoras mask also, never played it before.

image.php

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
Target sent me my Majora N3DSXL today. The way this thing keeps track of my head is nothing short of sorcery - it's awesome.

There is a single stuck pixel on the upper right that only shows up green against pure black. I tried one of those youtube videos to get it unstuck to no avail. Trying to decide on my next course of action - I'm leaning towards playing with it for a while and sending it in to Nintendo to get it fixed before my year warranty is up.

I got it from Target, so I doubt I can just waltz into the store and get it exchanged.

lol, Newegg is crazy! I just ordered one and they're already shipping it out, lmao! It is about 11:10 pm right now where I live. If I get mine tomorrow, I'm going to be hysterical.

Which color? I have some newegg credit but I'm worried about how quick they'll ship them

So I ordered a black new 3ds xl, monster hunter 4, an ac adapter and zelda a link between worlds from best buy.

Today my ac adapter and zelda got delivered. The 3ds and mh4 haven't even shipped yet. Sigh best buy wtf bro.

bms2993

Banned
Okay, so my GameStop only has one left in stock... how early should I get there in the morning to secure it? They open at 10 AM.... :0

shadrach84

Neo Member
I'm at my walmart right now, 1205am, and no one has any idea what I'm talking about. They keep thinking I want the old 3ds. FmL they say they didn't even know there was a new release. Ugh...

boon

I'm at my walmart right now, 1205am, and no one has any idea what I'm talking about. They keep thinking I want the old 3ds. FmL they say they didn't even know there was a new release. Ugh...
The guy here was completely unaware also. He looked around and found a box with ~10 of them.

Ludovico

Stopped by Walmart around 930, they had two blacks and two reds laying in the display, not even standing up or anything.

One of the workers brought it to the register before we were turned away - won't scan until 12. Said I was the fourth person that had tried so far.

SSSooooo, it's 1110 and I'm trying to decide what's the latest I can leave and still have a shot....

Stopped by Walmart around 930, they had two blacks and two reds laying in the display, not even standing up or anything.

One of the workers brought it to the register before we were turned away - won't scan until 12. Said I was the fourth person that had tried so far.

SSSooooo, it's 1110 and I'm trying to decide what's the latest I can leave and still have a shot....

If your the fourth person, then I would go now to be the first. Don't want to be screwed out of the system if you leave and come back later.

EDIT: sorry mis-read the question. GO NOW.

At what point will the New 3DS become available on Amazon? This is kind of ridiculous.

I wonder how many parents mistakenly bought a Japanese or European N3DS on Amazon.. it's such a mess.

At what point will the New 3DS become available on Amazon? This is kind of ridiculous.

I wonder how many parents mistakenly bought a Japanese or European N3DS on Amazon.. it's such a mess.

amazon.com doesn't supply nintendo hardware due to some troubled relationships is what I heard.

boon

I would leave NOW if I were you. If you were me, you'd already be there waiting. I hate the waiting game.

IzzyF3

No Majora's Mask 3ds at Walmart?

Cloudy

Banned
Went to Meijer. They only got 6 (3 of each color). Snagged the 2nd black one, got home and realized I don't have an AC adapter.

Fucking Nintendo...

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Terrible fucking stock for all these things.

Guy at gamestop told me they're *probably* getting more in tomorrow and wrote my name down on the list as #1 to be called when they do, so at least that's a possibility.

Just SERIOUSLY hoping they get them in tomorrow cause I'm out of town this weekend and want to do the trade offer.

Jetku

Would you like to perform a system transfer? Yes? Noyouneedtoupdateinstead.

Why even bother prompting for it...

shadrach84

Neo Member
The guy here was completely unaware also. He looked around and found a box with ~10 of them.
I ended up having to pull up the upc code for each individual model. my walmart never received a shipment and won't get any for at least 4 days. Ugh... literally just wasted like 30 min and now I have to get up early to get to target in the morning.

Derpyduck

Banned

Most likely they'll start appearing at Amazon tomorrow, but at a much higher price than retail.

mozfan12

Banned
Yeah, this is such a fucked up decision by them. A great showcase of their arrogance.

I just went to best buy to get an official charger since GS only had their generic ones and it cost almost 15 bucks for something you absolutely need if you don't have an old one or are planning to sell/trade in...ugghhhh

Derpyduck

Banned
Went to Meijer. They only got 6 (3 of each color). Snagged the 2nd black one, got home and realized I don't have an AC adapter.

Fucking Nintendo...

Yep, they're being assholes at a time when they need to be embracing customers. Makes it really hard to root for them to pull out of their downward spiral.

Derpyduck

Banned
The closest Target to me has 10 Black, 8 Red, and 5 Zeldas. The employee suggested I show up when they open in the AM because apparently Amibos sold out really quickly recently. I have no interest in the Zelda 3DS, but I wouldn't mind a black.

The closest Target to me has 10 Black, 8 Red, and 5 Zeldas. The employee suggested I show up when they open in the AM because apparently Amibos sold out really quickly recently. I have no interest in the Zelda 3DS, but I wouldn't mind a black.

Damn. That's a good amount. I hope mine has that much. When I called my Target earlier, the guy said "I can't tell you how many we have." He settled by saying "We have some, but they won't last all day."

Quick Question, if I do a limited transfer from my 2DS to N3DSXL while I'm at Starbucks can I put in the micro 32gb card that's in my 2DS later and not have to download a thing? Don't want to bring a screwdriver to the mall and deal with all that there before I trade it in.

JCX

Does it take a long time to update on the 3DS?
Does it at least has background downloading? (first timer here)

System update is on the n3DS. Not sure since it hasn't downloaded successfully for me yet.

Edit: Failed a third time. Anyone else getting this error?

Condom

System update is on the n3DS. Not sure since it hasn't downloaded successfully for me yet.

Edit: Failed a third time. Anyone else getting this error?
Yeah I meant the n3DS, hope it will go smoothly for me. Pretty excited.

Rockman

Just got home from picking up my system and Majora's mask from GameStop. This is what it looks like outside Target. They are camping for the Zelda 3DS. 52 degrees outside in Central Florida :O

QvNE6uU.jpg

Top Bottom