• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

I was a little concerned with the new 3D effect, but it's perfectly stable in normal playing conditions. It jumps around a little more easily than I would like, but when I take my glasses off there's pretty much no amount of movement I can do to make it lose my face.

Maybe the universe is telling me to get new contact lenses.

Derpyduck

Banned
Logged in to see if I was alone in having Eshop issues. Apparently not. Nintendo showing their online setup is every bit as sketchy as Sony and MS's.

Exuro

Would the eshop being busted be why I'm getting an error everytime I try to update? I cant system transfer until I do that >_>

Anybody run into issues with transferring SD card data? I picked the PC option, copied the files from the original SD to the microSD, no luck. Profile and folders moved though.

Yushi

I cannot do my transfer cuz i cannot connect to the eshop...sadface

But then again I ain't complaining. I manage to grab a new 3ds at 209$ Canadian (taxes included and all). So thats 167$ for the US. I'm darn happy with my luck today.

My c-stick works fine when I'm trying to push it left, right, or up. But when I try to push it down, it doesn't go at all unless I really dig in with my nail and press it down as hard as I can. Anybody else having this problem?

Yep, having the same problem. On the c-stick calibration screen in the Ironfall- and MH4 demo it clearly shows it will barely go about halfway down, if that.

Can't say for sure if it was like that yesterday, but I haven't used it for more than an hour so probably going to ask for a replacement if it doesn't improve.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Anybody run into issues with transferring SD card data? I picked the PC option, copied the files from the original SD to the microSD, no luck. Profile and folders moved though.

This happened to me. What I did to fix it was delete the folder on the new SD card that was not on the old one.

It's hard to describe since the folder names are all long strings of letters and numbers... But basically what I did was make a copy of the old SD card on the PC and copied it onto the new SD card. I ran into the same problem you have, and opened both the new SD card and the copy of the first on my PC. Open up the first folder on each called "Nintendo 3DS." On the new card, there were two folders with different strings of numbers/letters, and on the copy of the old one there was just one of these folders. What I did was delete the non-common folder on the new SD card (after copying it to be safe). I put the card back in and all of my games and saves were there.

The folder I deleted was very small, and I'm pretty sure it was just the data from the "factory" n3DS and was getting boot priority over the copied data.

If that doesn't make sense let me know.

Fiktion

Banned
I keep getting Error Code 028-3010 when trying to do a system transfer. The internet works otherwise, so I'm assuming this is a server problem, probably traffic related. Anyone else having this issue?

MicH

I keep getting Error Code 028-3010 when trying to do a system transfer. The internet works otherwise, so I'm assuming this is a server problem, probably traffic related. Anyone else having this issue?
The eShop is down and as such you can't do the transfer right now

radcliff

Did the wireless transfer, took about 45 minutes.

Love my New 3DS XL! The system is larger so my hands don't cramp during long playthroughs, the stable 3D is legit, and games look great on it. I was having some second thoughts about picking it up, but no regrets after purchasing and playing.

Rich!

Does anyone else's Majoras Mask edition have marks and weirdness on their A,B,X,Y and D-Pad?

I can't capture it in a picture.

Yes. Its the same on all of them to varying degrees.

Lots of people including myself wondered the same about our consoles back at the JP/Australian launch last year.

Fiktion

Banned
I'm trying to remove the back panel on my New 3DS to get the SD card out but the screws are making a funny clicking noise and don't seem to be coming out at all no matter how much they turn. Is there a video of someone doing this successfully?

It's a Majora's Mask LE so I don't want to risk damaging anything.

psychotron

Got my black 3DS XL today. Spotted one stuck pixel but pressing on the screen and moving my thumb around made it go away. I still need to inspect further.

The 3D is way more stable. If anyone remembers I made a thread about how hard it was to use the 3D on my old red XL, but not anymore. It's fucking glorious!!

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm trying to remove the back panel on my New 3DS to get the SD card out but the screws are making a funny clicking noise and don't seem to be coming out at all no matter how much they turn. Is there a video of someone doing this successfully?

It's a Majora's Mask LE so I don't want to risk damaging anything.

They don't come out, the clicking sound means they've released from the back and you're ready to jam the plate off.

This happened to me. What I did to fix it was delete the folder on the new SD card that was not on the old one.

It's hard to describe since the folder names are all long strings of letters and numbers... But basically what I did was make a copy of the old SD card on the PC and copied it onto the new SD card. I ran into the same problem you have, and opened both the new SD card and the copy of the first on my PC. Open up the first folder on each called "Nintendo 3DS." On the new card, there were two folders with different strings of numbers/letters, and on the copy of the old one there was just one of these folders. What I did was delete the non-common folder on the new SD card (after copying it to be safe). I put the card back in and all of my games and saves were there.

The folder I deleted was very small, and I'm pretty sure it was just the data from the "factory" n3DS and was getting boot priority over the copied data.

If that doesn't make sense let me know.

Much thanks Calamari! This was the fix, I sure hope this info is stickied or copied somewhere.

B.K.

I found a black one today. I wanted red, so it wouldn't show dust and fingerprints as bad, but I had to take what I can get.

The Lamp

Not sure what you mean by "breaking", but no, I literally cannot get the 3D effect to be lost no matter how move the system around (in normal usage, not ridiculous angles). It's no exaggeration.

In other words, the picture becomes doubled and it loses the 3D effect. Maybe my model is just trash, but if I tilt the 3DS to the side it breaks the effect, and if I move my head too far up or down it breaks the effect. Those are ridiculous angles, maybe.

Rich!

In other words, the picture becomes doubled and it loses the 3D effect. Maybe my model is just trash, but if I tilt the 3DS to the side it breaks the effect, and if I move my head too far up or down it breaks the effect. Those are ridiculous angles, maybe.

Your console sounds faulty. Mine does not do that and never has done in the three months I've owned it.

Unless you are just going to ridiculous angles, but that should be bleedingly obvious.

bigkurz

Banned
Does the import Japanese version of the New 3DS LL charging cradle work for the American new 3DS XL? Was gonna buy on eBay but wanted to make sure. Thanks guys.

Rich!

Does the import Japanese version of the New 3DS LL charging cradle work for the American new 3DS XL? Was gonna buy on eBay but wanted to make sure. Thanks guys.

BUY IT ON AMAZON.CO.UK! Really!

Its the same thing. Its much cheaper. It will get to you quicker. You can log in to Amazon.co.UK and checkout with your Amazon.com account.

Rich!

Well that's lame. No point in getting a replacement then?

Not unless you want to waste your time, no.

Its just how the buttons are made, obviously using a technique that results in the lines. I have them on my A,B,X,Y buttons and on my d-pad. Every other XL is the same.

magnumpy

Can someone please be so kind as to post some pics of the red console?

Since the thief who broke into our house and stole my little brother's red XL, and my current dire financial situation, is preventing me from buying him a replacement, he would just like to see what it looks like.

Thanks.

qGkjI88.jpg

Tyeforce

Still haven't been able to do my system transfer due to running into more issues backing up my SD card, but I still haven't found the answers I'm looking for or figured out exactly what I want to do.

I'm considering doing the limited data wireless system transfer option, but has anyone else here done that? If so, has anyone had any issues restoring your save data after redownloading your games? How exactly does that work? Will absolutely 100% of all save data be restored after redownloading everything?

Blitz7x

Neo Member
I'm doing my system transfer using the PC, and when I put the SD card from my old 3DSXL into my pc, my computer says it's empty. Uuuhhhh?

edit: The card was locked ._.

Top Bottom