• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

Forsythia

Caved in and ordered a white N3DS, 64GB microsd card, MM and MH4U. No faceplate, as there isn't one I want right now. It's going to be a long day at work tomorrow!

Cbajd5

Okay, microSD card & precision screwdriver set get, now to copy everything from my SD card to it and then I should be ready for tomorrow...

Also something interesting and 3DS related I noticed, automatic downloads to the 3DS after redeeming an eShop code from https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem#/ (I think NA only still?) works now. My copy of Flipnote Studio 3D I redeemed through the site was downloaded to my 3DS already, although I have no idea how quickly it did so since I redeemed it around 2 days ago.

kubus

Those who have a New 3DS XL, can you check if you can move the upper screen? Some people told me their 3DS has the same loose screen but I'd like to be sure if it's supposed to be like that.

I'm talking about this: https://vine.co/v/OPhi5U1KV9E

I can also lift the left side of the screen a few millimeters, but the right side of the screen stays in place and won't move.

Rich!

Those who have a New 3DS XL, can you check if you can move the upper screen? Some people told me their 3DS has the same loose screen but I'd like to be sure if it's supposed to be like that.

I'm talking about this: https://vine.co/v/OPhi5U1KV9E

I can also lift the left side of the screen a few millimeters, but the right side of the screen stays in place and won't move.

Yes. Mines been like that since I got it in November.

kubus

Yes. Mines been like that since I got it in November.

From what I hear they all do that.
What, really? Was this also the case with regular XL? This is my third XL system and the other two don't have it. It's very annoying. Like, even when I just pick up the system the screen will flop around and make the ticking noise o_o. Surely that can't be right??

edit: Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the screen "wobble" in the second lock position, as I know that's normal. The screen literally "falls down" if I hold it sideways.

What, really? Was this also the case with regular XL? This is my third XL system and the other two don't have it. It's very annoying. Like, even when I just pick up the system the screen will flop around and make the ticking noise o_o. Surely that can't be right??

My Pikachu 3DS XL does not have that side-to-side wiggle, no.

Nah, it's pretty new.

Odd to hear about the wobble in new XL. Regular doesn't have the issue. Probably has to do with the top cover plate.

Haven't seen this informationen on neogaf yet:

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-starting-to-ban-pirates-from-online-services-on-3ds/

Nintendo bans user of Sky3DS and Gateway cards from online services on 3DS! About time!
On the one hand, this is great for people using it for free games.
On the other, it is punishing people using it for region free.

So IDK how to feel.

shanafan

I didn't bring up the Vita so people could bash it, so if you (metaphorical you) plan on it gtfo. Just because the control options are there doesn't mean people will take advantage of it. And from what I hear...you wouldn't want to use the nub on the n3ds for a FPS anyway.

That's a good point. I was getting the same feel about the nub on the New 3DS not being absolutely fluid from a recent IGN NVC podcast.

I just want my COD Nintendo fill.. ;)

Meneses

Almost bought an XL today (Euro-land) but they only had it in blue, which I don't like so much, but I was really tempted...

misterck

Almost bought an XL today (Euro-land) but they only had it in blue, which I don't like so much, but I was really tempted...

Yeah don't fancy the blue much myself, hoping to pick up a black XL tomorrow.

Nowhere in the UK (near me) seem to be selling these at midnight, tried my local game and they ain't doing midnight launch and 2 tescos n 1 asda near by don't even know if they will be stocking it :S

Rich!

edit: Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the screen "wobble" in the second lock position, as I know that's normal. The screen literally "falls down" if I hold it sideways.

Yep. Uh, mine shifts from side to side. There's like a 3mm gap on either side of the top half in the hinge.

Labrys

Slightly stupid question but will N3DSXL fit in cases made for the OG XL?
gyakutensaiban5pouchfor3dsll-306269.3.jpg

I own this one and I'd like to get some use out of it.

Slightly stupid question but will N3DSXL fit in cases made for the OG XL?
gyakutensaiban5pouchfor3dsll-306269.3.jpg

I own this one and I'd like to get some use out of it.
The new one is like maybe an inch bigger overall at most, so honestly I think you should be fine.
That being said, OG 3DS cases will probably not fit the new regular one because it is a good bit bigger.

Rich!

The new one is like maybe an inch bigger overall at most, so honestly I think you should be fine.
That being said, OG 3DS cases will probably not fit the new regular one because it is a good bit bigger.

That's a big exaggeration. They are almost identical in size, give or take a few mm.

An inch would be a ridiculous difference.

Maximus.

Just import it. After this release with the limited number of Majora's Mask 3D Limited Editions and Majora's Mask new 3DS's, non-existant regular model and lack of inclusion of the power adapter, do you really have faith that they will supply the charging cradle?

Yea I know that is why it kind of sucks. I will have to pay a bit more and wait longer to receive it, but it is what it is in that case.

misterck

Thank god the boxes for these aren't sealed, I will be getting them to open and check my potential XL purchase in store tomorrow to check that screen moving out, if its too loose I will be giving it a miss as I can't stand stuff like that.

I would buy this system from Target if I knew a way to just save my data from my 3ds xl to a PC or something(Since I dont have the new system with me) that way I could just order it from target online when it becomes available..is there anyway, anyway at all, for me to do a system transfer and just save my stuff to a microsd card without me having to have the new system

todd360

I just got my charging stand from playasia.com

Here is a discount code if anyone wants it.

OJ-XYQ-JRL

Oh and you have to spend atleast $60 to use this code for $5 off.

Rich!

Thank god the boxes for these aren't sealed, I will be getting them to open and check my potential XL purchase in store tomorrow to check that screen moving out, if its too loose I will be giving it a miss as I can't stand stuff like that.

Then you might as well not buy one at all.

They are all like that.

Super stable 3D is godlike. This is the way the console needed to be all along. I can finally play Uprising in 3D! Never turning 3D off again.

Glossy finish is garbage and feels gross under your hands really easily.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I got my shipping confirmation for my Black XL from Gamestop at 4:20pm EST. Earlier UPS My Choice e-mail came at 11:05 this morning, just FYI for others who got the UPS e-mail and maybe haven't gotten the one from Gamestop yet.

Started copying over files to MicroSD today in anticipation of tomorrow, only to find the Kingston 16GB I bought last year was DOA. Kind of a bummer and I'm sure it's been so long that it isn't even worth looking for a refund
(bought with a new phone, but found out too late that it didn't support external storage)

Got it taken care of but just glad I didn't find out tomorrow.

Can't wait to give the system a spin tomorrow. I won't be able to test out the cstick until next week, but face tracking 3D and faster loading will be enough for now. I turned my regular XL on and off quite a bit today trying to check various SD cards and it is slooooow.

Dimmle

Super stable 3D is godlike. This is the way the console needed to be all along. I can finally play Uprising in 3D! Never turning 3D off again.

Glossy finish is garbage and feels gross under your hands really easily.

Wait, is the New 3DS XL glossy like the original 3DS? That's easily my least favorite design choice about the original system.

And thank god for playable 3D Uprising.

AdamisFox

I've bought the Blue XL version today (with Majora's Mask collector)

Edit : guess I can't post a picture from Tinypic here ?

Rich!

Is it really that much of a shift? I don't mind a little give in it as there always needs to be a bit to avoid cracking of the case around the hinge but too much is just an annoyance.

In three months of owning the thing, its never once been an annoyance.

It only is noticeable when I actually grip the top screen and move it from left to right.

Top Bottom