• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

Ludovico

Who else is going to try and get one tomorrow without a pre-order? I wanna do the Gamestop trade-in deal, but it looks like I might be out of luck without a pre-order.

Nintendo is the absolute worst when it comes to reasonably stocking retail. Most stores have only pre-order units, and those who have extra have like one or two. Depressingly terrible in 2015.

I've been back and forth on getting a replacement to my OG model, but the MH4U improvements finally convinced me. I won't be out of work until 3 tomorrow, I'm HOPING I can track down a unit the same night.

MM Unit > MH4U Unit > Black > Red
Not going to be picky but snagging one of the LE's would be legit.

I've been back and forth on getting a replacement to my OG model, but the MH4U improvements finally convinced me. I won't be out of work until 3 tomorrow, I'm HOPING I can track down a unit the same night.

MM Unit > MH4U Unit > Black > Red
Not going to be picky but snagging one of the LE's would be legit.

By my estimation, you'll be lucky if you get one at all. Every store I've called only has pre-order stock. And none of those stores have any idea when they'll get more.

Who else is going to try and get one tomorrow without a pre-order? I wanna do the Gamestop trade-in deal, but it looks like I might be out of luck without a pre-order.

I'll be heading to a Walmart I usually have pretty good luck at tonight at midnight, but I still feel a little nervous about being able to get one. Will check a few more stores before work tomorrow if I strike out at Walmart. It being an update to a system instead of something totally new gives me confidence that I'll find one though.

todd360

I've got the same mark on my XL but I can clean it off easily. It's the C stick who does this mark.

I think you should relax and deal with it. Even when I took care of my 3ds XL and always but a microfibre cloth between teh screen, I got scratches. They are invisible during gameplay so who cares ?
This issue will never be resolved as long as the two screens are not symetric.

You just need to deal with it and accept it becaus eit have no impact on gameplay. It's a lot like the scratch you will get if you play a lot with the stylus. Even if you are carefull, playing a game like Theathrythm will put scratch on your screen. But they are so tiny and only visible at an angle with strong light so why should we care ?

Screen protectors are neither a solution because they fill teh gap between the screens and you could even damage them long term. You wil lalso damage the protectors and the scratch could be even more intrusive.

It's just a cheap handheld who purpose is to be carried everywhere, you shouldn't care if there is invisible micro scratches.

I will pay for Gorilla Glass 3 Nintendo screens. Make it happen Nintendo lol.

Ludovico

By my estimation, you'll be lucky if you get one at all. Every store I've called only has pre-order stock. And none of those stores have any idea when they'll get more.

I have determination and a four day weekend.
Worst case scenario, I'll play MM on my OG 3DS
and continue hating NoA for their terrible practices.

ss_lemonade

I've got the same mark on my XL but I can clean it off easily. It's the C stick who does this mark.
Geez, so now its the C stick that can cause marks? I haven't seen an actual unit yet but is that c stick soft enough to just cause smudges and not actual scratches?

Hattori

Banned
Geez, so now its the C stick that can cause marks? I haven't seen an actual unit yet but is that c stick soft enough to just cause smudges and not actual scratches?

mine does not make contact with the screen or any other part of the top surface whatsoever so his/hers/theirs might be defective.

Los8KyM.jpg

The image shows two marks it's actually one. Once the lid is closed it would approximately where the raised edge of the bottom screen would be I think.

There is of course the outside chance that I never noticed the scratch from day one and it's always been there but I think I would have noticed.

Like I say, it's barely been used.

Terrible design. Can't believe they just refuse to get it right.

Last ditch hope. Called Target. Guy says they'll have "some" units tomorrow, but he doesn't expect them to last all day. Going there first thing in the morning. Wish me luck.

lol

Just received an e-mail from UPS about my New 3DS XL order from Best Buy. I literally ordered the system five minutes after it went up on their site last month and was guaranteed the system by tomorrow. It's not arriving until Monday.

That's the last time I pre-order anything from Best Buy.

Sadly discovered the shipping on mine means I won't see it till next Wednesday. Blarg.
lol

Just received an e-mail from UPS about my New 3DS XL order from Best Buy. I literally ordered the system five minutes after it went up on their site last month and was guaranteed the system by tomorrow. It's not arriving until Monday.

That's the last time I pre-order anything from Best Buy.
Hey, at least yours didn't get canceled.

A wrench in the plan. I'm trading stuff in at Target tomorrow to get one, but Target doesn't accept trade-ins till Noon. I really hope they still have one by then.

So, I was debating getting the New 3DS but literally decided a few minutes ago to go ahead and splurge.

What are my chances to get this on launch day without preordering (which I think its far too late for)?

So, I was debating getting the New 3DS but literally decided a few minutes ago to go ahead and splurge.

What are my chances to get this on launch day without preordering (which I think its far too late for)?

Slim. I'm going to try Target, but even they say they only have a limited amount.

Chucker

Walmart had the 3DS, and Majora on the shelf, couldn't ring up though. Anybody else selling at midnight besides Ganestop in US?

ngower

Are people really that concerned about scarcity? I'm planning to go to Target right when they open and pick up a unit and don't anticipate running into any issues...not a limited edition or anything. I doubt Nintendo are going to release an update of a popular system and not have solid stock. Sure, the LEs will be harder to find, but I'd be shocked if Target didn't have systems readily available tomorrow morning.

Are people really that concerned about scarcity? I'm planning to go to Target right when they open and pick up a unit and don't anticipate running into any issues...not a limited edition or anything. I doubt Nintendo are going to release an update of a popular system and not have solid stock.
You are going to be surprised. I heard a Chicago Target is only getting 8 total SKUs.

Are people really that concerned about scarcity? I'm planning to go to Target right when they open and pick up a unit and don't anticipate running into any issues...not a limited edition or anything. I doubt Nintendo are going to release an update of a popular system and not have solid stock. Sure, the LEs will be harder to find, but I'd be shocked if Target didn't have systems readily available tomorrow morning.

NoA's basically treating this as a soft launch, just on a nationwide scale (I'm aware that doesn't really make much sense). They almost seem like they don't really want to release it. Good luck.

Palocca

Mine is March 2nd so you beat me.
I am so excited to have a nice black to go with my JP white.

Nice. That JAP Zelda faceplate made me seriously reconsider which color I should get. I ended up sticking with White since the mock photos still looked decent. Still...

Nice. That JAP Zelda faceplate made me seriously reconsider which color I should get. I ended up sticking with White since the mock photos still looked decent. Still...
I really love my white. I convinced Nintendo of America is just going to push the new model real quick before announcing another handheld.
So I figured it was worth it to get a PAL version. I have 90% confidence they will have a 40% sale on older titles sometime this month like they did with Japan in January-February.

melman101

Judging by NoA's track record, I would be a little concerned. Just get there as soon as they open, and maybe a little before, just to guarantee.

This is NoA we are talking about. They are madly in love with the concept of scarcity.

Spikeboy

Neo Member
I had to preorder the Red XL from Newegg since it wasn't available anywhere else. (Apparently the red one is either popular or understocked.)

Any US GAF members get the MH4U bundle with one day shipping?

I have the confirmation but the tracking is stuck in limbo stating that only the shipping label has been created...

UPS guarantees the I guess the plan is gonna bring it into my town early morning? Anyone have any insight here?

neoism

Damn not sure why I thought of this now... So I have 40 bones on my eshop account ready for MM I was wondering do I need to know my password to confirm purchases or not I haven't bought anything on the eshop for a long time.... I changed my password about 6 months ago and I should have wrote it down somewhere I have the info to change it but I just want to now if I need it or not from just using funds already on my account? Anyone know pls?

fernoca

Damn not sure why I thought of this now... So I have 40 bones on my eshop account ready for MM I was wondering do I need to know my password to confirm purchases or not I haven't bought anything on the eshop for a long time.... I changed my password about 6 months ago and I should have wrote it down somewhere I have the info to change it but I just want to now if I need it or not from just using funds already on my account? Anyone know pls?
Nope. You just select to purchase, then confirm. Then it asks you to download now or download later.

CSX

my local gamestop said they are only gonna have 1 to sale (not preorder) and that if i want it, i need to line up before they open.

....I'll let someone else have it and hope for another trade in deal lol

Vercimber

Best Buy is still "preparing" my order, and Zelda MM and MH4U were both shipped UPS Ground. What is it with the arbitrariness of shipping speeds for GCU members who aren't elite? Why do some get Next Day Air and others Ground? Is it just the way they roll?

Top Bottom