• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

I'm not one to hold out hope for virtual console announcements since these don't happen on directs except for special occasions, but SE has been strangely* absent from the japanese "Coming Soon" SNES VC picture.

*i.e. not strange at all for everywhere except Japan

Dystify

That hasn't stopped them from bringing it up before, and I know it's not 3DS.

Well they stated they won't talk about NX or smartphone games. No idea what this means for the Pokemon Go Plus, which is supposed to launch next month.

Muzy72

Banned
Kirby Planet Robobot was announced in March and came out the very next month in Japan, and just 3 months later in the West. They could easily announce a game that's out this year, at least in Japan.

georly

If Nintendo fans can hear a Sakurai talking about non-playable boss characters, see a caption below the screen saying "Other boss character appearances", and yet still think Ridley's shadow means he's a playable character instead of a boss... There is no limits to how unreasonable they can be.

Oh my god thank you for reminding me about that lunacy. The things people convinced themselves of was insane. I miss the smash threads.

maxcriden

Kirby Planet Robobot was announced in March and came out the very next month in Japan, and just 3 months later in the West. They could easily announce a game that's out this year, at least in Japan.

Yep, definitely!

Not to mention: (per Oregano) MH3U was announced in September and out in December for instance. and (per me) Kirby Triple Deluxe in October --> released January (JP) or MM3D in November --> released February :) \

I will say I guess though that I don't know if any non-eShop game, i.e. a retail game, would still come this year. I say that because the Trev leak didn't indicate any other retail games for 3DS this year beyond those we now know about (the last one we had a codename for was Mario Party). But, that was several months ago and the NX/Zelda plans changed so maybe 3DS ones have also and in that scenario we could see another retail game this year. I'm tempering my expectations a bit though and hoping for, say, a surprise Q1 game. Wario Land 5, perhaps.

maxcriden

This is where Mother 3 finally get announced hopefully, I really need an official localized release of this game.

Presuming that's a Wii U VC title since it's GBA, so I'm skeptical this would be the place to reveal it. Then again, Nintendo usually doesn't usually stick (never sticks?) with the announced subject of a Direct, so, I suppose now could be as good a venue as any.

georly

This is where Mother 3 finally get announced hopefully, I really need an official localized release of this game.

Unless it's in some standalone mother trilogy worked on for the ground up on 3DS or something, I doubt it'll be a 3DS title. If anything it would have been a virtual console title similar to earthbound beginnings on wii u. Now i'm not even sure wii u will get it and if it's coming at all it'll be an NX project. I do believe emily was right in her rumor that the game was being localized, but i strongly believe it might just be 'delayed for nx' to make nx's first year even stronger.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Unless it's in some standalone mother trilogy worked on for the ground up on 3DS or something, I doubt it'll be a 3DS title. If anything it would have been a virtual console title similar to earthbound beginnings on wii u. Now i'm not even sure wii u will get it and if it's coming at all it'll be an NX project. I do believe emily was right in her rumor that the game was being localized, but i strongly believe it might just be 'delayed for nx' to make nx's first year even stronger.

Yeah, this is exactly what I'm thinking, too.

L Thammy

When's the last time Capcom's made an announcement for a system with an install base of zero?

They announced 3DS games before launch. Unless you mean Monster Hunter? In which case, I still think they had decided to move to 3DS early on even though they didn't announce it. Monster Hunter on the PSP was a big fish in a small pond.

My semi-realistic dreams for this Direct would be a physical release of Rhythm Heaven Megamix (I know it's getting one in Europe and I'm importing it but still) and a localization of Rocket Slime 3.

I already know they won't happen but ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Speaking of Square localizations

It's a very opportunistic time to cash in on Pokemon Go fever with a localization of the 3D DQM remakes for the love of god please

Dystify

As much as I want Nintendo to focus all of their teams on NX, I actually would be happy to get one last big Nintendo 3DS game from them, other than the games already announced.

For the system with a retail price of the "New Galaxy" SKU that they just announced at $200. That's not how this is going to go.

Nothing to say they couldn't pull a swerve and announce a price cut even though they've announced the galaxy model at $199. Announcing the new model at $169( or whatever a new MSRP would be) would tip off a pending price cut before they are ready to.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Marvelous announced Rune Factory 5

Square announces TWEWY sequel

3ds can rest in peace after that
Third party announcements usually don't happen in a Direct, do they?

Give me Dragon Ball Fusions in English so I can rest in peace.

maxcriden

Hmm, sometimes they do, I think, like when from key partners. Or indies. DB Fusions was rated recently so it has a good shot at being announced tomorrow.

Sadist

They do. Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney for example got their first announcements in a Nintendo Direct.

JonnyKong

Many apologies if this has already been discussed to death, but any chance of a price drop announcement tomorrow? I'd love a New 3DS so I can get hold of some of those lovely face plates, but they're still a bit too pricy.

Edit: just noticed you all above talking about price cuts, ignore me!

maxcriden

Many apologies if this has already been discussed to death, but any chance of a price drop announcement tomorrow? I'd love a New 3DS so I can get hold of some of those lovely face plates, but they're still a bit too pricy.

It's possible, but ... given the N3DS bundle that imes with a bunch of stuff for $150 coming out so recently, and given the XL release for $200 this week... I'm skeptical that will happen anytime soon except maybe for the XL. The Trev leak mentioned a 3DS price cut, I think for the holidays, but it's unclear if that already happened and was the recent 3DL bundle. There's a lot of value in that package. And then OTOH Nintendo IIRC usually doesn't announce price cuts in WW Directs, at least in the WW sections, perhaps it could be in a regional section though.

Edit: wait, just remembered you're in the UK and only us NAers got the price cut, so sure, you could get one in at least a regional section of your Direct.

The Ridley meme went completely out of hand. It doesn't make sense to me to this day.
Why Ridley of all characters? It's just.....wat

Ridley makes perfect sense. He is basically the main villain of the Metroid series, and in terms of role (disregarding feasibility), he is the best choice for a second non-Samus character from the series.

FRossR

Neo Member
Reggie tomorrow

Thanks everyone for watching this 3DS Nintendo Direct, hope you all stay tune for the NX Direct who is broadcast in [insert date here] when we reveal all the information about the new system.

EVH

The Ridley meme went completely out of hand. It doesn't make sense to me to this day.
Why Ridley of all characters? It's just.....wat

Same stuff with Waluigi, Geno or even KRool. And games like Startropics and such. There are so many examples about Nintendo fans going bananas with this kind of stuff that it scares me sometimes if i take it serious.

Just dont take it serious.

My hopes:

Theatrhythm Dragon Quest
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 2
Picross 3D 2
BOXBOXBOXBOY!
Punch-Out!! (assuming they don't end up making it on the Wii U/NX, which they should)
Wario Land (same - I want to see Good-Feel make a new game with the Shake It engine)

Why not Metroid Prime?

I assume you mean Dark Samus, in which case I would say:

1. Less recognizability (especially in Japan)
2. Perhaps didn't want to have three characters named Samus
3. By far less significance than Ridley; Dark Samus only briefly appears in Prime and shows up in Prime 2 and 3. Comparatively, Ridley is in Metroid, RoS, Super, Prime, Fusion, Prime 3, Zero Mission (where a robot version of him is the new final boss), Pinball (DS might appear in this too, I dunno), and Other M (not that this is good for his resume).

AntMurda

Now that you mention it, Indieszero has been quiet since developing Theatrhythm Dragon Quest...

EAD Tokyo developed it. More like Hayashida-San who programmed and designed the first 100 games by himself. And also co directed Super Mario 3D World at the same time. Indies Zero helped finish the game for obvious reasons.

CrisKre

The only thing that would excite me would be a Super Mario 3d Land 2 (I absolutely adore SM3DL), a western release of MH Stories or a 2D Metroid.

Very very unlikely all of them.

Top Bottom