• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If Nintendo fans can hear a Sakurai talking about non-playable boss characters, see a caption below the screen saying "Other boss character appearances", and yet still think Ridley's shadow means he's a playable character instead of a boss... There is no limits to how unreasonable they can be.

Smash fans.

And even then I think it's a subset called Ridley fans.

butman

Predictions:

Metroid Varia Soiree: basically a Mario Party clone but for the Metroid world.

Star Fox Tunnel Vision: just regular star fox gameplay but like... all the levels are tunnels.

Kirby Autobahn: A sim city type game where you build Hitler's autobahn in real-time. As Kirby.

Dr Kiwishima's Zelda Quest: self-explantory.

F-Zero x Gizmos and Gadgets

79438-stop-stop-girl-gif-Imgur-jP0w.gif

Volotaire

"One more thing"

Picture of the front of the NX as a date slowly fades in, then out.

I know people hate the marketing tactic of teasers, but Nintendo should exploit teasers with very short few second clips or blurry shots of NX games or the NX console.

At the very least, the hardcore community would be whipped up in a speculation frenzy. However, it would create unreasonable expectations.

It worked well for Sony in 2013 with the blurry teaser of the PS4 console video. Deploy that tactic into overdrive.

Randomizer

So not hyped for this at all. Hoping to see at least 2 unannounced games but totally ready for a series of trailers and info on a bunch of close to release games i.e DQVII, SMTIV:A etc.

KingBroly

Banned
The only way too over-deliver in this predicament is to announce NX reveal date at the very end. Anything else played out. Personally for this direct to be good to me I need monster hunter stories in NA before end of year with the amiibos. I dont play that shit

Keep one thing in mind. This is on a Thursday. What happens on Thursday? Surprise eShop releases

One idea I just had: could we see a Shovel Knight 2 announcement or is that being saved for NX?

Not a chance. Shovel Knight isn't even done yet, Yacht Club is still working on the DLC for the first game, and has given pretty straightforward public statements that they aren't doing anything else yet, and haven't even decided what is next for them (at least as of a poll they did a couple months ago).

Randomizer

Not a chance. Shovel Knight isn't even done yet, Yacht Club is still working on the DLC for the first game, and has given pretty straightforward public statements that they aren't doing anything else yet, and haven't even decided what is next for them (at least as of a poll they did a couple months ago).
I don't know if I should be happy or disappointed. On the one hand more Shovel Knight whilst on their other hand a true sequel or a new game from them.

jmizzal

Maybe they will announce the date of the NX reveal event at the end of the Direct

World wide Direct I hope so

Kimishima is gonna come out at the end and say "One more thing, we will reveal the new Nintendo NX system, Sept 13, plz stay tuned for more details on the event, thank you"

World wide Direct I hope so

Kimishima is gonna come out at the end and say "One more thing, we will reveal the new Nintendo NX system, Sept 13, plz stay tuned for more details on the event, thank you"
We've never heard Kimishima talk or address the customers. It would be nice because if he showed up in the Direct, then I'm expecting NX reveal date to come from him

ChrisD

The Nintendo Direct splash screen fades away. We are instead shown an image of a door, simply marked "Men's". It opens, and the camera follows it through yellowed tiles. We hear grunting, and the camera follows. Underneath the bathroom stall, we see shoes. The door opens up. Inside, we see Kimishima sitting on his throne, holding a copy of the Yomiuri Shinbun. He folds down the top of his newspaper so that we can see his eyes, and he glares the camera through his glasses.

"We ain't announcing shit."

*Laugh track*

*Reads post
"That's definitely a trademark post by Neit--"

Wait a sec, you're not Neiteio!

Jay RaR

Hmm...some things coming for the 3DS do catch my interest.

Ace Attorney, DQVII, DVIII, and Pokemon.

There's gotta be a new game announcement or two if they're doing a direct.

We've never heard Kimishima talk or address the customers. It would be nice because if he showed up in the Direct, then I'm expecting NX reveal date to come from him

He never addressed consumers during his long tenure at NoA and I don't expect that to change now that he's president of NCL. It's not his style.

He never addressed consumers during his long tenure at NoA and I don't expect that to change now that he's president of NCL. It's not his style.
I thought he would say something for NX reveal atleast.

Like others have said he's the president of Nintendo. Why would he not speak on a complete brand new product?

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Super Mario Galaxy 3DS would be excellent.

Not sure how that'd work too well, it'd run into some of the same scale problem that Xenoblade 3D had (though, bugs aside otherwise a fantastic port), but with controls that wouldn't work very well on a 3DS imo with those very limited screens.

Also, would the game work without huge downgrades on OG hardware? Galaxy looks awfully nice for an early Wii title.

RK128

Considering the event is happening soon (well, it will by the time I wake up in the morning XD), will share an updated list of guesses :). Could be dead wrong for some of these but feel confident most of them will happen.

-Announced games like Yokai Watch 2, Pokemon Sun & Moon & Mario Party Star Rush will get new trailers showing off new content and what not.
-Localization Announcements: Monster Hunter Stories (with its amiibo series too) launching early 2017, Dragon Ball Fusions announced for early 2017 alongside the 3DS One Piece Fighting game that came out early this year in JP.
-3DS VC games announced: Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal launching after the release of Sun & Moon or early 2017
-(Not likely)- Game Boy Advance games coming to New 3DS VC: Nintendo announces Game Boy Advance games playable on the New 3DS with Mother 3, Metroid Zero Mission & Wario Land 4 being available to download after the direct
-(Maybe?)- Mother 3 Localization Announced: Renamed 'Earthbound: Endings', Mother 3 finally sees a NA release on the New 3DS, 3DS & Wii U this Fall. Will get a special retail version on the Wii U for 39.99 containing all three games in the series (Earthbound Begins, Earthbound, Earthbound: Endings). Digital E-Shop version releases for 19.99$ and Lucas Amiibo unlocks special skin for Lucas in-game.
-(Likely)- Another port comes to New 3DS; Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime is coming to the 3DS from Monster Games Early 2017.
-Release date for Dragon Quest 8 given during the direct
-New Trailer for Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice and Amiibo Support Announced: Sonic Amiibo unlocks Classic Sonic & Modern Sonic Skins for Boom Sonic in-game.
-Nintendo releases new trailer for Ever Oasis
-Direct closes with Nintendo giving date for new direct for the NX and Wii U platforms.

I thought he would say something for NX reveal atleast.

Like others have said he's the president of Nintendo. Why would he not speak on a complete brand new product?

Who's going to be the equivalent of Iwata pulling the 3DS out? Reggie's not the same as that class.

Even Yamauchi did Press Conference 's he's going to have to do something at some point.

This thread isn't about a press conference. We're discussing the possibility of Kimishima appearing in a Nintendo Direct and speaking to consumers . I don't see it happening.

He is under no obligation to address consumers directly at any point. Of course, we're all speculating here, so I could obviously be wrong.

Not sure how that'd work too well, it'd run into some of the same scale problem that Xenoblade 3D had (though, bugs aside otherwise a fantastic port), but with controls that wouldn't work very well on a 3DS imo with those very limited screens.

Also, would the game work without huge downgrades on OG hardware? Galaxy looks awfully nice for an early Wii title.
I'd imagine the game would mostly be played on the bottom screen so you can use the stylus to catch stars. Could be kinda cool but ultimately I'd prefer a new game. I sincerely doubt we'll get a new 3D Land

casiopao

Considering the event is happening soon (well, it will by the time I wake up in the morning XD), will share an updated list of guesses :). Could be dead wrong for some of these but feel confident most of them will happen.

-Announced games like Yokai Watch 2, Pokemon Sun & Moon & Mario Party Star Rush will get new trailers showing off new content and what not.
-Localization Announcements: Monster Hunter Stories (with its amiibo series too) launching early 2017, Dragon Ball Fusions announced for early 2017 alongside the 3DS One Piece Fighting game that came out early this year in JP.
-3DS VC games announced: Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal launching after the release of Sun & Moon or early 2017
-(Not likely)- Game Boy Advance games coming to New 3DS VC: Nintendo announces Game Boy Advance games playable on the New 3DS with Mother 3, Metroid Zero Mission & Wario Land 4 being available to download after the direct
-(Maybe?)- Mother 3 Localization Announced: Renamed 'Earthbound: Endings', Mother 3 finally sees a NA release on the New 3DS, 3DS & Wii U this Fall. Will get a special retail version on the Wii U for 39.99 containing all three games in the series (Earthbound Begins, Earthbound, Earthbound: Endings). Digital E-Shop version releases for 19.99$ and Lucas Amiibo unlocks special skin for Lucas in-game.
-(Likely)- Another port comes to New 3DS; Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime is coming to the 3DS from Monster Games Early 2017.
-Release date for Dragon Quest 8 given during the direct
-New Trailer for Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice and Amiibo Support Announced: Sonic Amiibo unlocks Classic Sonic & Modern Sonic Skins for Boom Sonic in-game.
-Nintendo releases new trailer for Ever Oasis
-Direct closes with Nintendo giving date for new direct for the NX and Wii U platforms.

I would add some more on localization news.

Lady Layton, Etrian Odyssey V, Puzzle and Dragon, Monster Strike,

And of course, give us TEDDY TOGETHER!!!

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I'd imagine the game would mostly be played on the bottom screen so you can use the stylus to catch stars. Could be kinda cool but ultimately I'd prefer a new game. I sincerely doubt we'll get a new 3D Land

Dear god, playing the game 2D-only on a 4:3 320x240 screen would be absolutely unbearable. I like my 3DS, but I also like that the bottom screen doesn't get as much focus.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Lol no, just control the pointer on the top screen with the touch screen :p

Nintendo has crushed my spirit to the point that I can't even play the tongue-in-cheek hype game for this. I expect nothing more than some new trailers for games we've already known about for months. My greatest hope is for a Picross 3D 2 localisation, but I'm not counting on it.

ZELDA ALBW SEQUEL AND A NEW 2D METROID, STAY TUNED FOR THE SURPRISE NX REVEAL EVENT STARTING RIGHT NOW!

I'm polishing up a pre-direct video.

This is my list of things I expect.. or rather.. want.

Localization Announcements + Release Windows

1. Etrian Odyssey V
2. River City Collection
3. Denpa Men Free To Play
4. Lady Layton
5. Monster Hunter Stories
6. Teddy Together
7. Picross 3D 2
8. Picross e7
9. Detective Pikachu
10. RPG Maker FES
11. Ever Oasis
12. Treasurenauts
13. Dragon Ball Fusions
14. My Hero Academia
15. Dragon Quest Theatrhythm - Digital ONLY

New Game/Hardware/OS announcements

1. Stardew Valley = New 3DS Exclusive
2. A Splatoon Title
3. New Amiibo - Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Smash Bros.
4. New 3DS Black Units with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
5. New Nintendo Selects: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, Fire Emblem Awakenings, the OTHER Nintendogs titles, Concentration Training, and Codename S.T.E.A.M.
6. White/Pink New 3DS XL in the United States.
7. New Pokemon Pedometer compatible with Sun/Moon & Pokemon Go Eggs.
8. Software Update to raise Play Coin limit/Assign ZL/ZR + C-Stick use in non CCP/N3DS titles.

Virtual Console Announcements.

1. Earthbound Beginnings
2. Star Tropics/Star Tropics 2
3. Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal/Pinball
4. Virtual Boy VC
5. Pokemon Bank UPDATE to allow GSC/RBY use.

Available NOW!

1. Demos for Yokai Watch 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, Pokemon Moon/Sun
2. Detective Pikachu, Denpa Men, Animal Crossing Update

Those are my notes. I'm probably very wrong.

Toad.T

Banned
I would absolutely love it if we somehow got Neo Geo Pocket Color games on the 3DS VC, but I think that's more impossible than a surprise release of Mother 5 at this point.

My more realistic hopes for this Direct are a Monster Hunter Stories confirmation for the west and a DQ8 release date.

I do hope they give us some NX tease but I know that's in the realm of dreams.

marmoka

Banned
All I need from this Direct, is...
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse launch date in Europe
  • NX teaser, with the official announcement date
If non of these happens, this will be a very disappointing Direct for me.

I'm happy because today we had no leaks, by now.

I would still love Virtual Boy Virtual Console.. because.. it would be done quickly.

1. Wario Land VB
2. Mario Clash
3. Panic Bomberman
4. Red Alarm
5. Red Alert
6. Galactic Pinball
7. Tolero Boxer
8. Nester's Funky Bowling
9. Mario Tennis

And we're pretty much done.

If they just released Wario Land VB, Mario Clash, Nester's Funky Bowling, Mario Tennis, and Galactic Pinball.. I'd be happy.

Although.. I kind of expect them to have some Turbo Duo games on 3DS VC soon.. right? I need to buy Devil's Crush and Bonk's Adventure again.

Dystify

For those who can't watch it live: I will add a summary, links to each version of the Nintendo 3DS Direct & links to each new announcement thread on NeoGAF after it aired here. So feel free to come back to this topic after.

Kinsei

Banned
My predictions for the NA version of the Direct.

Detective Pikachu Episode 1 (Available now!)
Dragon Quest VII trailer
Dragon Quest VIII trailer + Release month
Lady Layton English trailer
SMTIV: Apocalypse trailer
Ever Oasis trailer
Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC trailer (Available now!)
Disney Magical World 2 Trailer
Pokemon Sun/Moon trailer
Mario Party: Star Rush trailer
Ace Attorney 6 trailer
Yo-Kai Watch 2 trailer
Nindies sizzle reel
Ending surprise (Either NX reveal date (Highly unlikely but I want to believe) or some small digital only title)

Shikoba

If I get some Yo-Kai Watch 2, Dragon Quest VII, and SMTIV:A info I'll be happy. Not expecting much else. A Monster Hunter Stories announcement would be a nice surprise though!

Top Bottom