• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

Malakai

Since we are getting a new Dragon Quest game, I'm wondering if we will get the first three Dragon Quest games on Virtual Console?

Nintenleo

I'm going all in with Super Mario Maker 3DS. Editor + some new Nintendo levels + a selection of the best course of the game's first year.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Since we are getting a new Dragon Quest game, I'm wondering if we will get the first three Dragon Quest games on Virtual Console?

Almost no Square Enix VC games outside Japan thus far. Also, Dragon Quest games don't get re-released that way even in Japan.

Toad.T

Banned
Random-ass prediction: We're gonna see a new Starfy game.

Seems like the perfect late console release, and I sincerely doubt TOSE is working on yet another Streetpass game.

So, is there a reason why this is a live Direct? I recall recorded direct for way better announcements in the past.

Wat

It's pre-recorded, and then streamed live. All Directs are like that. The only time they actually do anything LIVE is at E3 or Treehouse Live if they want to demo a game.

I hoping for the best Final Fantasy to show up on the SNES VC; Final Fantasy 4.

Final Fantasy VI would also be nice. Perhaps I should called them II and III tho

The only thing that would excite me would be a Super Mario 3d Land 2 (I absolutely adore SM3DL), a western release of MH Stories or a 2D Metroid.

Very very unlikely all of them.
I'd be 100% in for a 3D Land "Lost Levels." Like basically all levels are like that final one

More realistic expectation: I want more SNES games! I'd love Mario RPG on the go, for real

L Thammy

As long as they announce Jump Superstars 3, a Battle Clash reboot, The Last Story 2, new Smash Bros DLC, and the English version of Mother 3, I think it'll do fine.

Malakai

Almost no Square Enix VC games outside Japan thus far. Also, Dragon Quest games don't get re-released that way even in Japan.

Dang that sucks. I didn't even know that weren't on the VC in Japan either. I recall playing it on the GBC back when I was ten years old. I think it was call Dragon Warriors I&II...it would be nice to have a way to play them again....

MrGoomba

A new Zelda old school game like ALBW but single player would be great. I think it will be hard to see top down zeldas on NX since it will be a hybrid

Dmax3901

Predictions:

Metroid Varia Soiree: basically a Mario Party clone but for the Metroid world.

Star Fox Tunnel Vision: just regular star fox gameplay but like... all the levels are tunnels.

Kirby Autobahn: A sim city type game where you build Hitler's autobahn in real-time. As Kirby.

Dr Kiwishima's Zelda Quest: self-explantory.

F-Zero x Gizmos and Gadgets

J@hranimo

Banned
I may actually miss this live simply because I'll be going to sleep 6 hours before it starts. Hope there's some cool info here!

I feel like this Direct's going to massively over-deliver.
The only way too over-deliver in this predicament is to announce NX reveal date at the very end. Anything else played out. Personally for this direct to be good to me I need monster hunter stories in NA before end of year with the amiibos. I dont play that shit

Josh5890

Alright here are my predictions:

• Pokemon Sun & Moon details
  • Indies info
  • Amiibo updates/announcements
  • 3DS Virtual Console games- (I'm going for Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal
  • Mother 3
  • Super Mario 3D Land 2 or another first party game for Q1- 2017

At the very end of the stream will be a dark screen and the words "NX- Reveal Date"
Believe

MrGoomba

First, Aonuma has to produce his stealth Sheik spin off game.

A Sheik game can be good, but don't know, OOT characters are getting old, they could build a gaming universe of side games based on breath of wild like square enix kind of is doing to ffxv and move on from oot.

L Thammy

The Nintendo Direct splash screen fades away. We are instead shown an image of a door, simply marked "Men's". It opens, and the camera follows it through yellowed tiles. We hear grunting, and the camera follows. Underneath the bathroom stall, we see shoes. The door opens up. Inside, we see Kimishima sitting on his throne, holding a copy of the Yomiuri Shinbun. He folds down the top of his newspaper so that we can see his eyes, and he glares the camera through his glasses.

"We ain't announcing shit."

*Laugh track*

Top Bottom