• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

Fritz

If I get some Yo-Kai Watch 2, Dragon Quest VII, and SMTIV:A info I'll be happy. Not expecting much else. A Monster Hunter Stories announcement would be a nice surprise though!

That'd be ace. And more games than I can stomach in a year frankly.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My predictions for the NA version of the Direct.

Detective Pikachu Episode 1 (Available now!)
Dragon Quest VII trailer
Dragon Quest VIII trailer + Release month
Lady Layton English trailer
SMTIV: Apocalypse trailer
Ever Oasis trailer
Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC trailer (Available now!)
Disney Magical World 2 Trailer
Pokemon Sun/Moon trailer
Mario Party: Star Rush trailer
Ace Attorney 6 trailer
Yo-Kai Watch 2 trailer
Nindies sizzle reel
Ending surprise (Either NX reveal date (Highly unlikely but I want to believe) or some small digital only title)
I was like yes, yes, reasonable, this could work, is this person sane!?
Then you had to ruin it.

JoeM86

Here are my predictions:

Pokémon Sun & Moon Info - New Pokémon + Ash-Greninja (they can't hold off on Ash-Greninja too long, it'll stop being relevant soon)
Metroid Prime Federation Force (EU Only)
Mario Party Star Rush
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Indie Sizzle Reel
Sonic Boom
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Monster Hunter Stories
Etrian Odyssey V
Ever Oasis
Detective Pikachu Episode 2 (Japan Only) - Available after the presentation to screw with me
Yo-kai Watch 2 (US & EU)
Small Download Title announcements (We're due a Pushmo)
Something brand new but not mega game changing like a port or something

Smellycat

A Nintendo Direct dedicated to the 3DS right at the beginning of September is a huge sign that we will be getting the NX direct VERY soon.

Neiteio

The Nintendo Direct splash screen fades away. We are instead shown an image of a door, simply marked "Men's". It opens, and the camera follows it through yellowed tiles. We hear grunting, and the camera follows. Underneath the bathroom stall, we see shoes. The door opens up. Inside, we see Kimishima sitting on his throne, holding a copy of the Yomiuri Shinbun. He folds down the top of his newspaper so that we can see his eyes, and he glares the camera through his glasses.

"We ain't announcing shit."

*Laugh track*
Haha! XD

Here are my predictions:

Pokémon Sun & Moon Info - New Pokémon + Ash-Greninja (they can't hold off on Ash-Greninja too long, it'll stop being relevant soon)
Metroid Prime Federation Force (EU Only)
Mario Party Star Rush
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Indie Sizzle Reel
Sonic Boom
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Monster Hunter Stories
Etrian Odyssey V
Ever Oasis
Detective Pikachu Episode 2 (Japan Only) - Available after the presentation to screw with me
Yo-kai Watch 2 (US & EU)
Small Download Title announcements (We're due a Pushmo)
Something brand new but not mega game changing like a port or something

Quite a few people missing the next hyrule warriors legends dlc, which was due end of august. That's absolutely the most likely thing to be shown in the direct, I would have thought.

SuperSah

Banned
My final predictions:

1) Call of Duty IW 3D
2) Battlefield 1 3DS with only Ultra graphics, 64 players all in 3D/60fps
3) Metroid Prime 4 for 2018
4) Super Mario Galaxy 3DS bundled with 1/2
5) Nintendo Kart
6) Wii U now free with every Happy Meal AND free with every shop at Dominoes Pizza
7) NX revealed to be a 3DS rumble pack extension
8) NX due in 2018

ckfy63a

Any word at how long the Direct is yet? I know sometimes we find that information in advance through metadata or a message on the page, etc.

Dystify

Here are my predictions:

It stopped being relevant to me 2 weeks ago. :(

Any word at how long the Direct is yet? I know sometimes we find that information in advance through metadata or a message on the page, etc.

They haven't added the time anywhere this time around (yet). Expect it to be around 30~50 minutes.

JoeM86

It stopped being relevant to me 2 weeks ago. :(

They haven't added the time anywhere this time around (yet). Expect it to be around 30~50 minutes.

xwPMQxo.gif

Andyliini

Gold Member
Personal predictions (EU Edition):

- Metroid Prime: Federation Force reminder
- Pokemon Sun/Moon, small trailer, probably a new Pokemon revealed.
- Dragon Quest VII reminder, and launch-windows for Dragon Quest VIII
- Update on 7th Dragon & SMTIV: Apocalypse European plans
- Launch date for Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
- Indie Sizzle Reel
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice launch details
- Mario Party: Star Rush launch window
- Rhythm Paradise Megamix
- Ever Oasis
- Detective Pikachu (availabe after ths presentation)
- Virtual Console games, perhaps GBA for N3DS
- One new game, releasing this winter.

Predictions:
- Detective Pikachu announced for the West w/ Seth Rogen as the voice of Pikachu.
- Endless Ocean 3
- Undertale 2, New 3DS exclusive.
- Infinite Space 2, plus bundle with the Galaxy 3DS.
- Pokemon Z, a remake of X/Y with extra gameplay features, made in Sun/Moon's engine. Coming December.
- A Fire Emblem fighting game by Namco's Soul Calibur team.
- Metroid Prime Federation Force remake for 3DS. Coming November.

tolkir

Prediction time (Europe):

1. Dragon Quest VII trailer
2. Trailer and Launch date Dragon Quest VIII
3. Mario Party Star Rush video
4. Amiibo Super Mario collection
5. Metroid Prime Federation Force mention
phoenix-wright-satoru-shibata-200x140.png

7. Phoenix Wright - Spirit Justice Trailer
8. Pokemon Sun & Moon
9. Nindies
10. Sonic Boom
11. Atlus localizations (7th Dragon III Code: VFD, SMTIV: Apocalypse)
12. Rhythm Paradise Megamix
13. Picross 3D 2 (available now)
14. Dragon Ball Fusions announcement
Close. NX tease ;P

ckfy63a

In all seriousness, I don't think it's too out-of-the-question that we get NX reveal announcement at the end of the direct. Remember that at the end of the November 2015 Direct we got a teaser for the Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U Final Video Presentation, so there is precedent for this sort of thing.

Dystify

In all seriousness, I don't think it's too out-of-the-question that we get NX reveal announcement at the end of the direct. Remember that at the end of the November 2015 Direct we got a teaser for the Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U Final Video Presentation, so there is precedent for this sort of thing.

Back then they didn't state beforehand that they will not reveal or discuss Smash. This time they did (about NX). I hope for the same thing as you do, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Tons of people here are already expecting it and will only end up disappointed.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Hoping for some 'Here's a game to download now!" sorta announcements. Everything else will be interesting, but difficult to escape the elephant in the NX sized room.

I think Pokemon Sun/Moon stuff is pretty much guaranteed. So is Ace Attorney 6 and Rhythm Heaven.

I imagine we'll get some more Virtual Console stuff.

Maybe something else Pokemon-related, seeing as it's still the series' 20th anniversary.

aeolustl

I don't think NX teasing at the end of the Direct is out of the question.

But they probably just say something like, "we appreciate your patient for the NX reveal. We are preparing for that." And just ends it with "Please understand."

Dmax3901

I don't think NX teasing at the end of the Direct is out of the question.

But they probably just say something like, "we appreciate your patient for the NX reveal. We are preparing for that." And just ends it with "Please understand."

They specifically mention in all their posts about this direct, to press and otherwise, that both NX and mobile won't be discussed in the presentation. Don't do this to yourself.

ckfy63a

They specifically mention in all their posts about this direct, to press and otherwise, that both NX and mobile won't be discussed in the presentation. Don't do this to yourself.

Eh, you're most likely right; but that corporate-speak could be spun any which way--for instance, it wouldn't really be discussing NX if they just gave us a date for the presentation.

I'm just saying, it's possible. I know some people like to curb their expectations before going into Directs, and if/when no NX news drops tomorrow, it'll be fine--it's coming soon
™
, anyway, and the 3DS deserves this last(?) chance in the limelight.

Dmax3901

Eh, you're most likely right; but that corporate-speak could be spun any which way--for instance, it wouldn't really be discussing NX if they just gave us a date for the presentation.

I'm just saying, it's possible. I know some people like to curb their expectations before going into Directs, and if/when no NX news drops tomorrow, it'll be fine--it's coming soon
™
, anyway, and the 3DS deserves this last(?) chance in the limelight.

I don't see why they would be provide the disclaimer then. Most people hanging out for NX news are hanging out for the date of the presentation.

This thread's barely getting any movement compared to other direct threads. Seems like people are now angry at Nintendo everytime they do anything that's not announcing the NX.

Sadist

For those who can't watch it live: I will add a summary, links to each version of the Nintendo 3DS Direct & links to each new announcement thread on NeoGAF after it aired here. So feel free to come back to this topic after.
Sweet, thanks! In the OP right?

Tregard

Soothsayer
This thread's barely getting any movement compared to other direct threads. Seems like people are now angry at Nintendo everytime they do anything that's not announcing the NX.

Expectations are probably very low, given it's a 3DS-only Direct and people know not to expect much since we know most develop is now on NX.

casiopao

Let them get angry lol. As long as they don't come in droves after the Direct and go on complain streak on why NX is not mentioned when it is HUGELY Written that there is no NX news.

I am still enjoying my 3DS goodness.^_^

wrowa

Not being interested != being angry

People hype up Directs because they expect major new announcements. Almost no one expects Nintendo to announce a major new project for the 3DS at this point in time (there's also a lack of interest in new 3DS games because people are already anticipating its successor). It's that easy.

Regardless, there's no one to blame but Nintendo for the current frustration among its fans. Nintendo has been keeping their fans waiting on NX news for one and a half years now and even though I'm sure they have good reason to wait with NX's reveal, it's also hardly surprising that Nintendo fans are getting sick of waiting.

Top Bottom