• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Revealed- Salandit

Neiteio

Not sure about ALL of them, but we still don't have a Poison/Steel type. Poison/Steel with Levitate would have only one weakness, which would be Fire. Incoming mechanical scorpion tank who's Mega Evolution causes it to lift off the ground harrier jet and gain the Levitate ability.
Duuuuuude, that'd be awesome

How about an Electric/Poison-type in the form of a battery leaking acid?

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Duuuuuude, that'd be awesome

How about an Electric/Poison-type in the form of a battery leaking acid?

Either that, or an Electric/Poison type based on alien plasma or something. Think of a fucked up looking alien gerbil with green goopie cannons on its back. Both shocking and corrosive!

Anyone have a list of all the type combinations that haven't appeared yet?

tumblr_o2tx1ucRrI1rn6v9mo1_1280.png

grated this is out of date because of the new pokemon

The Stranger

Neo Member
Yes finally a type variation that I've been wanting forever!
And it's ability letting it poison steel AND other poison types is amazing.

That 4x weakness to ground though.

Not sure about ALL of them, but we still don't have a Poison/Steel type. Poison/Steel with Levitate would have only one weakness, which would be Fire. Incoming mechanical scorpion tank who's Mega Evolution causes it to lift off the ground harrier jet and gain the Levitate ability.

Steel/Poison thematically could be a mercury based pokemon. Would be awesome to have one similar to Castform where if it's hit with fire it transforms(rises) and gains fire resist and vise-versa for ice attacks.

Neiteio

tumblr_o2tx1ucRrI1rn6v9mo1_1280.png

grated this is out of date because of the new pokemon
We can now cross Normal/Dragon (Drampa), Bug/Fairy (Cutiefly) and Poison/Fire (Salandit) off the list.

It's kind of amazing that Water has been combined with every type so far.

Maybe a Normal/Bug-type could be a furry caterpillar or something.

yeah water and flying have been paired up with every type, grass is the closest with only have to be paired up with fire to have been with all types

edit: i messed up

Neiteio

yeah normal and flying have been paired up with every type, grass is the closest with only have to be paired up with fire to have been with all types
Normal hasn't been paired with every type. Still seven Normal combinations left. Did you mean Water?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Not to mention there's also pure Flying, so it covered all bases like Water

surprised Fighting isn't paired a lot more

Neiteio

Not to mention there's also pure Flying, so it covered all bases like Water

surprised Fighting isn't paired a lot more
Yeah, you'd think Ice/Fighting and Electric/Fighting would've inspired some cool designs by now. Same with Dark/Bug and Psychic/Bug.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, someone on Smogon is claiming that a list posted on a Chinese site recently claiming to be from the Chinese localization team predicted this a few weeks ago...they're requesting mod approval to post the rest of the list which could very well be the entire PokeDex.

I'm cautious about this because I could honestly see a huge leak like that coming from the Chinese branch since this is iirc their first time localizing the games so security might be pretty lax and, well, it seems like a lot of things get leaked from China. On the other hand the Smogon poster hasn't posted a source yet so he could be bluffing, but I'm kind of hyped.

If you're planning on going on black out for Sun and Moon, might want to consider starting now lol.

Phoenixus

So, someone on Smogon is claiming that a list posted on a Chinese site recently claiming to be from the Chinese localization team predicted this a few weeks ago...they're requesting mod approval to post the rest of the list which could very well be the entire PokeDex.

I'm cautious about this because I could honestly see a huge leak like that coming from the Chinese branch since this is iirc their first time localizing the games so security might be pretty lax and, well, it seems like a lot of things get leaked from China. On the other hand the Smogon poster hasn't posted a source yet so he could be bluffing, but I'm kind of hyped.

If you're planning on going on black out for Sun and Moon, might want to consider starting now lol.

I'd be curious to know the final number of new Pokémon, but most certainly wouldn't be looking at individual names. :p

Valahart

Pleaze keep us posted!

Watch Da Birdie

It might be a hoax, but I'm monitoring the Smogon thread as we speak waiting for the list to be posted (since a mod has to approve it it seems, also it may be in the process of being translated into English) and already have a SPOILER thread prepared for those of us who are interested. I won't be posting the list in this thread obviously since it'd be unfair for those following official news.

If this has the possibility of being legit I'd be careful around any Pokemon topics if you care about going in blind.

Hope it's legit, I'm really anxious over the new Pokemon count

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-info-post-4193.3549746/page-197#post-6888179

A series of Chinese leaks supposingly from the Chinese translation team 2 weeks ago accurately predicted Salandit as a fire/ poison lizard.
Requesting to post the other contents of the same leak onto Smogon.
Even if said post turns out to be true, one hit doesn't make an entire rumor true. Also, there is nothing in this post that indicates that the full dex would be leaked. It also mentions the typing and the general animal similarity (lizard), but not that the name was correct (夜盜火蜥/夜盗火蜥).

So don't get ahead of yourselves just yet.

Watch Da Birdie

That's true.

I'd like to see the list though and then see if the next couple of Pokemon we get match up to it. Hopefully they'll post the list before the CoroCoro leaks so we can see if we get another hit.

Watch Da Birdie

I recall I was the one who posted the Smash 4 leaks here too when I spotted them on /v/. :p

Arynio

Steel/Poison thematically could be a mercury based pokemon. Would be awesome to have one similar to Castform where if it's hit with fire it transforms(rises) and gains fire resist and vise-versa for ice attacks.

I love that idea!! Ever since I played Xenoblade I've wanted a Poison/Steel pokémon based on the concept of corrosion. Something oxidized kinda like the Mekonis.

Regarding the Poison/Electric combination, I'm surprised they haven't played more with the concept of neurotoxins.

Bring it the fuck on. Love pokemon spoilers.

I love thinking about how the Pokemon world works.

It probably never gets cold where he lives, though. He dwells in a tropical climate that's temperate year-round. And in that region, he appears to inhabit the sulfur fields of a volcano. Lots of fire and noxious gas — perfect for a Poison/Fire-type. :)
Oh, I get it. The poison works on everything cause it's not biological. It's volcanic gas.

An Electric Rock poke would be pretty sweet tho.

Some kind of ore-like pokemon that can conduct and store electricity from its surroundings.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
That leak thing better be true. Also it kinda sucks that there are so many type combos left. Hopefully Gamefreak keeps up the unique ones for awhile.

Watch Da Birdie

You know looking over the post on Smogon it seems it'll likely be a solid amount of info like the DigiPen leak on PokeBeach pre-XY, but not a huge PokeDex blowout like I sort of hyped myself into thinking.

Forkball

From the thread:

Oh and some idiot over on NeoGAF is hyping people up about Cresselia's potential leaks and making some of them think the entire PokeDex might leak... So no pressure or anything Cresselia :p

Congrats, you're "some idiot"!

If the Chinese list leaked two weeks ago, why didn't he think it was true when the plethora of new Pokemon were announced last week? Big leaks are possible, but I wanna see receipts first.

Top Bottom