• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Revealed- Salandit

Comet

Like the design but love the typing. I am also a little apprehensive of all of this really good unique abilities though.

GoldStarz

It'll be a bit weird if they keep retconning hidden abilities every gen though surely? What are the examples of Pokemon that had theirs changed from V to VI?

The only released one was Scolipede, but Chandelure and Zapdos had their abilities changed as well despite never being officially released. Also, some Pokemon who didn't have HAs were given them in Gen VI (like Kecleon getting Protean)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh yeah, reminder that unlike dragons, salamanders are actually mythical creatures too.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Looks better as a model than as art. I hope this or an evolution has some tanky stats, because this could be a real danger to the metagame if it's not frail.

MicH

Love the typing, hate the design. Gonna get destroyed by Earthquake though

EDIT ingame model looks a million times better than the art!

Thud

Awesome.

Really liking the new gen pokemangs.

Except this thing:

375px-Magearna.png

I like the design. I think it's intentionally supposed to be "ugly," even though I think calling it even that is a stretch. And it's not "over-designed," which I appreciate as well.

jph139

What a little shit.

I like him. Probably my favorite this gen, actually. Hopefully he evolves into something slimy and wretched and not, like, some badass dragon thing.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Now thats a design after the last reveals being more on the meh side. Love it.

Boss Doggie

while it may be a glass cannon, the typing combo gives it a hefty amount of resistances!

Awesome.

Really liking the new gen pokemangs.

Except this thing:

375px-Magearna.png

there's an official image of Ash wearing Magearna armor

Sifl

It's ugly, but I like the typing. Hopefully theres a lot more previously underused/not used typings in the game.

Boss Doggie

again, despite x4 ground weakness, the guy has...

1/4 fairy, 1/4 bug, 1/4 grass, 1/2 fire, 1/2 steel, 1/2 ice, 1/2 fighting

its weaknesses are only

x4 ground, x2 water, x2 rock, x2 psychic

Sesha

Love the grin. Cool 'mon. The concept reminds me of Krookodile.

I love that so many of the new 'mons so far are exotic animals. It's what I was hoping for.

Rafavert

again, despite x4 ground weakness, the guy has...

1/4 fairy, 1/4 bug, 1/4 grass, 1/2 fire, 1/2 steel, 1/2 ice, 1/2 fighting

its weaknesses are only

x4 ground, x2 water, x2 rock, x2 psychic

Ground, water and rock are nasty weaknesses to have, but resisting fairy, fire, ice and fighting is awesome. Resisting grass and especially bug is also nice, but everyone and their mom already resists those, so they're not as noteworthy.

Boss Doggie

Left out poison. Airballoons!

oh right that too

time to tie up your manders on balloons!

Ground, water and rock are nasty weaknesses to have, but resisting fairy, fire, ice and fighting is awesome. Resisting grass and especially bug is also nice, but everyone and their mom already resists those, so they're not as noteworthy.

true, but at least they're just x2

Kinsei

Banned
I found the fire type that's going on my team. I've wanted a fire/poison type for a long time so I have to use it. I can't wait to find out what it's evo(s) is/are.

Bishop89

Types combos I hope to see.

Ghost/Fairy
Ghost/Fighting
Ghost/Rock
Dragon/Fighting
Dragon/Bug
Rock/Electric
Rock/Poison
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Dark
Fire/Grass