• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Revealed- Salandit

J@hranimo

Banned
FINALLY A SALAMANDER POKE

AND IT'S FIRE/POISON

IT CAN POISON OTHER POISON AND STEEL TYPES?

Salandit can melt steel beans

I wanted a salamander pokemon and a pokemon with this typing since 5th gen. Definitely going on my team.

Sheentak

AND IT'S FIRE/POISON

I wanted a salamander pokemon and a pokemon with this typing since 5th gen. Definitely going on my team.

Isn't Charmander a salamander?

Rafavert

Types combos I hope to see.

Ghost/Fairy
Ghost/Fighting
Ghost/Rock
Grass/steel
Dragon/Fighting
Dragon/Bug
Rock/Electric
Rock/Poison
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Dark
Fire/Grass
Fire/Ice
Dark/Bug
Dark/Fairy

Brand new? We already have grass/steel (Ferroseed/Ferrothorn).
Some of these could yield really cool ideas, like Ghost Fairy. Dead fairy, anyone?

AND IT'S FIRE/POISON

Wooper's evo line is based on an axolotl, which is a type of salamander. I'm still equally excited for this though.

AESplusF

image.php
Gen 7 continues to be the worst.

Wow... it's hard for me to find a Gen 7 Pokémon I don't like. I love them all so far. How am I going to make a 6 Poke team out of this!? :(

A female Salandit may be part of my team if Rowlet evo looks good.

Fishlake

I like it. I love salamanders/newts in general and even have one that is 21 years old.

Fire poison is a great combination for one.

emb

I like this one a lot.

Description makes it sound pretty weak outside of it's gimmick though. I forsee it getting a lot of focus sash + Toxic use and just being inept outside that, hehe.

I don't care though, I'll probably use it in-game anyway if I come across it in my playthrough.

Trey

final evo better have some bulk, or it's gonna be holding EQs all day.

might be super annoying in doubles though. the "will he para or poison me" mindgames

by the way, was the koala hugging a tree stump pokemon revealed already?

iFirez

I LOVE IT!

My favourite new Pokemon, it'l be on my Rowlett starter team (which will likely be in Moon) while I'll have its Fire type covered by Litten in my other playthrough (likely Sun will have Litten as my starter).

This pokemon is evil. Im really loving the Gen 7 designs. Really fantastic stuff that can't be predicted.

I would be just happy with New mons being more than X/Y but less than B/W

Toxi

Banned
An awesome Poison type with an awesome design and an awesome ability.

Gen 7 might surpass Gen 5 as my favorite generation of Pokemon at this rate.

AND IT'S FIRE/POISON

250px-195Quagsire.png

Wooper's evo line is based on an axolotl, which is a type of salamander. I'm still equally excited for this though.
Wooper and Quagsire are actually based on the giant salamander.

Meanwhile, Salandit seems to be based on a mix between the mythical salamander and real poisonous salamanders like the fire salamander. Ironically, salamanders don't live in Hawaii.

Rafavert

250px-195Quagsire.png

Meanwhile, Salandit seems to be based on a mix between the mythical salamander and real poisonous salamanders like the fire salamander. Ironically, salamanders don't live in Hawaii.

Neither do koalas =p

250px-Komala.png

J@hranimo

Banned
Isn't Charmander a salamander?

250px-195Quagsire.png

I really meant a quadrupedal Salamander that was poison type. It being fire and poison is really icing on the cake. Sorry for not being specific on the internet :p

The Lamp

These are the best Pokemon designs in years. Phenomenal work, GameFreak, minus the sin that is the over-designed Moon legendary.

Zelias

Banned
Looks kinda cool, interesting ability and unique type combo. Definitely one of the better Gen VII designs so far.

Garuroh

I haven't cared much for Gen VII Pokemon since the starters but this one looks amazing, so much personality in the design.

Rafavert

Gliscor would be a nice counter right?

r4D7kGn.png

Probably. Can hit hard with Ground moves and probably won't take too much damage back, unless Salandit's Special Attack is high and/or has access to Water/Ice moves. At best I'd say he might get Scald, but even that's a stretch.

Azuran

Banned
I love how they keep introducing abilities meant to screw over the current top tier Pokemon.

You can tell Corrosion was made to make sure Aegislash can't sit there all day and tank everything.

Vena

again, despite x4 ground weakness, the guy has...

1/4 fairy, 1/4 bug, 1/4 grass, 1/2 fire, 1/2 steel, 1/2 ice, 1/2 fighting

its weaknesses are only

x4 ground, x2 water, x2 rock, x2 psychic

Unless he has some massive bulk, those are all major common attack types (both physical and special) and that 4x EQ weakness is just going to be brutal or every single one of these things is going to need an Air Balloon.

Ya he's a huge check against fairies (except Sylveon, probably) but he's super exposed. And the steel types that he can poison will probably all have EQ or are Scissor.

Mr-Joker

Banned
He looks cool but I won't be likely adding him on my team due to his part fire typing as I will have Charizard on my team.

Smogon ban incoming.

Urgh, I really don't care for Smogon.

Gliscor would be a nice counter right?

r4D7kGn.png

Yep can learn rock and ground type moves and has poison heal as his hidden ability plus he's pretty bulky and fast.

Man Gliscor is one amazing Pokémon and I am so glad that Gligar got an evolution.

Top Bottom