• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer revealing the final starter evolutions & more

JoeM86

JOOOOOEEE

8TmaQrV.jpg

1245560.gif

And now we can forget anyone ever came up with Robingroot, Panthster, and Entermaid...
Though probably not like Smugleaf still sees occasional use

So Alolan Persian now with an official entry shows it is still the Classy Cat Pokémon (so is probably still Siamese Pokemon in Japan) and is 4 inches taller and 2.3lbs heavier than it's normal counterpart.

holy shit that was an awesome trailer

except what happened to Red????? yuck~!
I was expecting him to have acne to go with the rest his awkward teenage look.

Primarina's move is a waste of everyone's time.
Everyone has been harsh on that evolution line even down to it's signature move. I expect it'll do more damage to burned Pokemon and there is a water type move that burns Pokemon pretty consistently...hmm, now there's a combo. So it's a case of base power and see but will probably end up in the same place as wake-up slap and smelling salts.

Jesus, the guardians can form a Yellow Devil?

Being able to battle some of the old characters like that is pretty rad tho. Wondering if it's just the champions and special NPC's or every past gym leader again.

Old stern faced Red is cool
The datamine text section for trainer classes did have
entries (all scrubbed bar ones used in the demo). So it's a possibility.

We don't even know if they deal damage, though.

I hope they do, otherwise Rowlett's move is basically just mean look.

Frankly I love all the starters, I'm pretty impressed. Overall the line up as a whole is pretty strong I think.
You hear the super effective sound effect (at least in the Japanese trailer). You only get that from damage.

I just thought of something.

DOES THAT MEAN N IS IN THE GAME ?
DOES THAT MEAN I CAN SEE HIM AGAIN ?

It's possible, but I could see him being skipped for lore reasons since this doesn't seem like the type of thing N would actually do (Plus N doesn't really have his own Pokemon)

Tiger Mask is a Fire/Dark type which is cool. Really is a Wrestling Heel.

Owliver Queen I wasn't expecting a sudden Ghost-typing. That means it should have a pretty wide movepool hopefully.

We don't even know if they deal damage, though.

I hope they do, otherwise Rowlett's move is basically just mean look.

Frankly I love all the starters, I'm pretty impressed. Overall the line up as a whole is pretty strong I think.

It one shots an alolan raichu with that move in the japanese trailer

Also the website specifically points out it is a physical attack

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Older Red/Blue is awesome. I wonder if Red will have dialogue?

Also, he looks way different compared to Blue.

Mandatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttndwyst-Xo

Incineroar would have been a fantastic name, in a vacuum, where there aren't already several third stage fire types sporting the "fire thing + action word" naming convention. It just feels super generic to me, like it's a name that communicates that he's a big mean fire type and not much else, and I've seen that shit before, because that's how all the Fire types that aren't lame or as old as I am are named

I like Incineroar a lot more as a Pokemon than I expected to from the leak. an unhinged heel wrestler that secretly just loves to entertain, lol. I can dig it. but that name fuckin sucks idk

Since it doesn't matter how many times it's been done before, it's a fantastic name then.

Saw this on Smogon forums
Uhhh...So our TV Tropes translator noticed something....dark.... in one of the Tapu's descriptions.

The English version reads:

"There is a legend which says that long ago Tapu Lele once brought an end to war between the islands of Alola by scattering its scales and soothing the tired warriors."

The Japanese version has this as well, but this next part was cut out from the English site:
"In truth, it's said that the war ended because the warriors, empowered by the scales, fought until every one of them was dead."

O_O ... D-Dont mess with Tapu Lele, people....

Rush_Khan

The years have not been kind to Red.

This is my first time seeing the final evos but I change my mind and I'll go with Fire instead of Grass.

Kyuur

Thank god its not Fire/Fighting. Grass/Ghost is a cool typing too.

I'm kind of regretting watching all these videos, feels like nothing will be new when I play. Especially the Red/Blue reveal.. that would have been a helluva surprise!

Personally love Decidueye and as someone who has always chosen grass at the start of a generation, I can't see that changing. Incineroar is also fantastic and full of personality, so I might use it in my secondary version if I end up getting both versions which is something I've been considering. Primarina is good, but not quite to my personal tastes.

Where'd you get that from Ninja?

If they're even gone from offline modes then that's absolute horse shit. Actually it's horse shit for online too. My bf loved sweeping legend teams in triples :(((

Triples is secretly my favorite non serious format because it's just so silly. And Battle Royale is fun but doesn't scratch the itch of commanding three Pokémon simultaneously.

I figured that they would release a trailer of the starters's final forms at some point. Definitely going with Rowlet still and Grass/Ghost is a lot better than the Grass/Flying typing that I think some people said previously with the data-mining and leaks.

Garnox

Grass/Ghost is pretty cool, but I wonder if they'd still allow flying type moves to be learned?

Not a fan of the toucan so I was going to make Rowlet my defacto flying type.

So how come the leak that got the types of the other two starters right, got Desidueye wrong?

Maybe Ghost/Grass was a last minute change? It also doesn't make sense for them to add Flying to the first two forms and then just suddenly take it away. What was even the point of adding the Flying type to start with?

Infinite

So how come the leak that got the types of the other two starters right, got Desidueye wrong?

Maybe Ghost/Grass was a last minute change? It also doesn't make sense for them to add Flying to the first two forms and then just suddenly take it away. What was even the point of adding the Flying type to start with?
Masquerine and Trapinch say what's good.

lotufo

Neo Member

I definitely don't think it was a last minute change. I think they just wanted a bait-and-switch on the fan base.

Needs a decent fighting imo

I doubt it'll get fighting coverage tbh. But I could see rock or ground (Earthquake has been on every grass starter barring Serperior) which would pair really nicely with it's existing STAB coverage, not to mention flying is pretty much a given,

Top Bottom