• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Project To Be Announced Tuesday, August 26th on Niconico

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhej

I just to inform you guys that Namco does this all the time. Tekken has always come to arcades first and then consoles.

Lulubop

only for arcade at the moment

Doc-Rivers.gif

Like every Namco fighter, christ come on. It'll be on the fucking WiiU.

upandaway

But why? Isn't the point of Nintendo's collaborations to bring more games to its consoles? What is the point of letting them put it on arcade first?

How much money will that even make?

I think a lot of people who play Pokemon but not fighting games probably don't know that high-profile fighting games in Japan almost always start life as an arcade cabinet before the console version is made. The confusion is fun though.

But why? Isn't the point of Nintendo's collaborations to bring more games to its consoles? What is the point of letting them put it on arcade first?

How much money will that even make?

The arcade release is a form of focus testing and gives them time to balance and make additional content for the home version.

DizzyCrow

I think a lot of people who play Pokemon but not fighting games probably don't know that high-profile fighting games in Japan almost always start life as an arcade cabinet before the console version is made. The confusion is fun though.

The arcade release is a form of focus testing and gives them time to balance and make additional content for the home version.

How long it usually takes to be released on consoles?

PsionBolt

So. Anyone else expecting Mega Machamp? With Mega Lucario shown and the only other known character being Blaziken, I get the feeling Mega Evolution will be a major mechanic available to every character.

Etzer

It looks like Tekken 6 came out for arcades in November 2007, then on consoles in 2009.

So when can we expect the Wii U port for Pokken, then? 2016?

This game doesn't exist to me.

Arcade only? Now I can see why the announcement wasn't translated or hinted at being relevant to non-Japanese. As for a port being in the works I don't see why they need to be like 1 year later "guess what guys! Pokeen on Wii U" couldn't they just say it out from the start or would that magically make people not want to drop their yens into this.

All this hype for the 'shocking' announcement that Machamp is in Pokken?
Well also Pokken is real I suppose...

It took like 1.5 years for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to be released on consoles.
Sorry but I am praying for a Zelda delay then so that the Wii U still exists in 2016 then.
I don't even like Tekken

Hatchtag

Banned
Pokken Tournament is registered in the U.S. and Europe. Arcades are basically dead over here, so it'l come to the Wii U eventually. No need to be worried about that.

andymcc

Banned
If it's anything like TTT or Gundam Vs...

I'd imagine a year and half to two years for a home port if successful in the arcades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom