• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New screenshots of Doom [pissfilter is gone]

daveo42

Banned
Looking real good. Some of them models looking absolutely insane too. Dem flying skeleton heads gonna give me new nightmares.

Old
MujiL4d.png

New
Doom-new-screenshots-4.jpg

Urine Hell.

jett

D-Member
Nice to see they took that complaint to heart.

It looks...okay, I would say. I can't really remember the last time an FPS impressed me graphically, either.

salromano

Bethesda released them as the OP states, so should be ok if that's the case.

It's not. Bethesda didn't release them (I checked their press sites and no e-mails), and you can even see the little X circle cut-off, presumably to close each screenshot, in the the upper right corner of each screenshot.

finley83

Banned
This looks awesome! It's like claymation or something. I absolutely love the distinctive style they've gone with, it really makes the enemies stand out.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't know, i guess i'll be the only one thinking this way but it looks to me too bright, clean and colored for what is supposed to be a horror-ish/gruesome game, it has no atmosphere at all except in the screens with the red fog, these seems to be out from ghostbusters or some other 80s movie

piss filter aside this is much closer to what imo the game should look like
9TAtZs8.png

Bright colors are not always good.

dmr87

It's not. Bethesda didn't release them (I checked their press sites and no e-mails), and you can even see the little X circle cut-off, presumably to close each screenshot, in the the upper right corner of each screenshot.

Ok, mods will deal with it.

Looking pretty damn good. It's very heavy on the depth of field blurring, but I'm guessing it's overdone for screenshots/cutscenes.

Whoa wait these screen shots are real?

I guess this is what happens when you play game mainly on Nintendo consoles, I had no idea graphics had progressed this far. Holy fucking shit this looks absolutely insane to me.

Is that DoF in-game too? I love it, it looks incredible.

Is this just for PCs or will there be console ports? God I gotta set up my PS4 already. Wow I am hyped as shit out of nowhere for this. I've never even played a Doom game before (will that be a problem?)

While I think it looks much better, were people excessively critical of the 'piss filter' from its E3 showing? I assumed the majority liked it.

zma1013

Whoa wait these screen shots are real?

I guess this is what happens when you play game mainly on Nintendo consoles, I had no idea graphics had progressed this far. Holy fucking shit this looks absolutely insane to me.

Is that DoF in-game too? I love it, it looks incredible.

Is this just for PCs or will there be console ports? God I gotta set up my PS4 already. Wow I am hyped as shit out of nowhere for this. I've never even played a Doom game before (will that be a problem?)

Yes graphics have progressed this far lol. It looks good for sure, but not unexpectedly so. This is the level we are at now. Doesn't matter if you've played before or not, Doom games are about shooting monsters and then shooting more monsters so you'll be fine.

Yes graphics have progressed this far lol. It looks good for sure, but not unexpectedly so. This is the level we are at now. Doesn't matter if you've played before or not, Doom games are about shooting monsters and then shooting more monsters so you'll be fine.

OK cool, I didn't know if Doom had any kind of story or anything that I'd need to catch up on.

I assume these screens are on like high-end PCs and it'll look noticeably worse on consoles? (I'm primarily a console gamer, I have a Mac but I've got Windows installed on it for some Steam games) *stares at unopened PS4* what are you capable of o:

I don't know, i guess i'll be the only one thinking this way but it looks to me too bright, clean and colored for what is supposed to be a horror-ish/gruesome game, it has no atmosphere at all except in the screens with the red fog, these seems to be out from ghostbusters or some other 80s movie

piss filter aside this is much closer to what imo the game should look like
9TAtZs8.png

Bright colors are not always good.

Yeah I agree. They may have taken away the filter but some of those shots desperately lack atmosphere. The bottom pic looks miles better than some of those clean and honestly sorta sterile looking shots of the interior in the OP.

The main area where I thought the filter looked ugly was in the outside "hell" area, so I think taking it away is an improvement there. If they're all actually just different areas though, then cool, we get some variety.

Welfare

The Caco's look soo good!

Filter did not look attractive, and the colors help to give personality to the world/enemy design.

Can't wait!

I don't think they changed anything. The dynamic lighting is apparently very strong and there's obvious yellow light sources in the "pissfilter" screens.

Top Bottom