• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next DOOM closed alpha test will be from Dec 3 to Dec 6. Invites going out.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Got invited as well, I press X in the message and the download doesn't start.

Got an invite, pressed X, took me to a page with no download option.

This is extra bizzare since I only played TNO on Xbox One and PC and only played the PS4 version of TOB but... hell, I'll take it.

Same here. No way to download it and it doesn't show up in my library at all. :/
Look for Main Menu in your library.

phant0m

Got my PS4 invite, but like everyone else it doesn't download. I'm guessing they jumped the gun and it's not supposed to go up until tomorrow.

Why can't I get in? I bought Wolfenstein.. send me a frikkin invite.
I don't know what hoops I jumped through to get the last test, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Or is this the same App that was used before?

Victrix

*beard*
Everything about the way this is being run makes me sad and reminds me how this is very much no longer the id of old

I participated in the first Closed Alpha. Does this mean I’m eligible to participate in a later Closed Alpha test?

Yes. You can download and install the next closed Alpha test from your games library, when it’s available.

This answers my previous question! I look forward to seeing what was changed.

i have the same problem as some above. got the notice, press X, it takes me to the store but then nothing. i also dont see it in my library. maybe it'll start downloading automatically tomorrow?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah, I just got the same message and there's nothing on the store yet. Seems like it's a new client for this round of tests. I'll wait until it's up to try again.

D1AMONDDOGS

Neo Member
In the same boat as the new round of PS4 users. Message but no link to start the actual download.

Does saying we've been selected to be in the alpha violate the NDA?

EDIT: Going into Settings > Services, I found DOOM Closed Alpha listed in there. The Doom Beta placeholder is now gone though. I'm assuming it's just going to download automatically when it goes live. Rest mode it is.

Occam

Got an invitation, too. If I go to system settings > psn account management > account information > services list, then there is an icon for DOOM Closed Alpha. It's not yet in my library though. I assume it'll show up in a couple of hours.

Vash63

Do they have dedicated servers and a real PC interface this time? The last alpha felt like console garbage compared to id's historical multiplayer titles.

Do they have dedicated servers and a real PC interface this time? The last alpha felt like console garbage compared to id's historical multiplayer titles.

Actually, the last alpha DID use dedicated servers; when it said "searching for host", if was finding the closest dedicated server to your IP address.

Ricker

Got the message/notification from PSN that my download link will be in my library at 1 P.M. EST...I am not good at Doom multiplayer(any deathmatch stuff really) lol but I guess I will give it a shot...(or get shot) ;)

YoshiMax

If you already played the alpha last time you can just download it again from your ready to install list (Xbox1) - just waiting for them servers.

FaintDeftone

I have it locked and loaded on my Xbox One. Hopefully will be able to play it tonight.

Anybody know if there is a non-disclosure tied to this that prevents folks from talking about it and streaming it?

wwm0nkey

I have it locked and loaded on my Xbox One. Hopefully will be able to play it tonight.

Anybody know if there is a non-disclosure tied to this that prevents folks from talking about it and streaming it?
You can say you had fun or whatever but do not go in-depth about every little detail or post screens

Elmertos

I didn't get any notification or email but just downloaded the alpha from the store. I have the beta key from wolfenstein and I signed up for the first alpha but didn't get in.

Edit:pS4 EU

DirtyLarry

Was in the first closed alpha and I have noticed the client itself has updated itself several times since then, including last week. Cannot wait to check it out again. Really enjoyed the first round. In fact I would say it was directly responsible for my renewed interest in playing MP shooters again! I went on a good almost 2 year hiatus.
With the above said, also want to check out the Uncharted 4 MP Beta and have little to no time to play either.
Damn.

Haines

Banned
I cant find the alpha in the store, ill take another look i guess

Nope, i dont see it in library or store.

Ps4

CVP87mSUYAAYmwy.jpg:large

//ARCANUM

So I just redeemed my code on store.xbox.com for the doom alpha and when redeeming it, it said the game title was "Main Menu" lol.... wat?

JPS Kai

So I just redeemed my code on store.xbox.com for the doom alpha and when redeeming it, it said the game title was "Main Menu" lol.... wat?

That's so people on your friends list/followers won't be able to see what you're playing (and so you don't break NDA if there are privacy settings to be followed).

//ARCANUM

That's so people on your friends list/followers won't be able to see what you're playing (and so you don't break NDA if there are privacy settings to be followed).

oh gotcha, lol. it's kinda silly having an NDA and privacy and all that for a test that's going out to a large chunk of the public. I get the reasons, but it's kinda silly lol.

Az987

all good things
I'm in the same boat as the PS4 users above. Not in my library and the link from Playstation doesn't have a download. Anyone know what's up yet?

Head.spawn

I'm in the same boat as the PS4 users above. Not in my library and the link from Playstation doesn't have a download. Anyone know what's up yet?

I don't know how things are on the PS4 version, but on Xbox One the game is under the title "Main Menu". Which is something they do for games they don't want listed normally, so it shows up as "Main Menu" when people on the friends list see them playing it, usually won't show up under their recently played either.

So, maybe check for that name.

Top Bottom