• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next DOOM closed alpha test will be from Dec 3 to Dec 6. Invites going out.

Okay, according to a few friends, the download is up and operational if you're actually in, plus, Bethesda said the download will show up if you're in.

So for those of us who received messages and can't download anything, I'm assuming we aren't actually in the Alpha, but received the notification for whatever reason.

Ricker

Okay, according to a few friends, the download is up and operational if you're actually in, plus, Bethesda said the download will show up if you're in.

So for those of us who received messages and can't download anything, I'm assuming we aren't actually in the Alpha, but received the notification for whatever reason.

The message clearly says that you have been accepted but when you click the link,on PS4,it sends you to the store and it says Overview,thats it...so PSN is screwing up for now or its not ready yet.

The message clearly says that you have been accepted but when you click the link,on PS4,it sends you to the store and it says Overview,thats it...so PSN is screwing up for now or its not ready yet.

In fact, Doom's alpha access even appears on service list under account manager. It would suck if Sony sent the notification message to the wrong people.

I uninstalled my old alpha client. I thought it was weird that it got a couple of updates after the first alpha so I deleted it. Am I going to be cool to redownload tonight?

This is crappy as hell. I havent been able to d/l the alpha, even if i have it in my services tab and after receiving the damned medsage.

Shame on you Sony and/or Bethesda.

Kolgar

I have it on XB1 but it says servers are offline. When's it supposed to start?

Not until 10 p.m., I am unsure of the time zone.

I uninstalled my old alpha client. I thought it was weird that it got a couple of updates after the first alpha so I deleted it. Am I going to be cool to redownload tonight?

I too uninstalled the client from my Xbone. Not seeing a way to get in. Am I boned?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Woop woop got in on X1. Loved playing this at Quakecon, hope it runs smooth.

Weird NDA, considering this is the exact shit they had at Quakecon and that was open to the public.

Rndm

Been looking forward to playing this so I'm gonna jump in after the Game Awards.

Also got an extra PS4 EU code to give away. Quote to see and maybe let others know it's been taken. Have fun. Not sure how limited they are and if you could still sign up though.

Been looking forward to playing this so I'm gonna jump in after the Game Awards.

Also got an extra PS4 EU code to give away. Quote to see and maybe let others know it's been taken. Have fun. Not sure how limited they are and if you could still sign up though.

Thanks, I got it!

EDIT: I would like to warn you that the game shows up as "Main Menu" on your PS4 library. Seems to be a screwup, glad I noticed it.

Rndm

EDIT: I would like to warn you that the game shows up as "Main Menu" on your PS4 library. Seems to be a screwup, glad I noticed it.

Noticed that too when downloading it, but once it's downloaded it'll show up as DOOM Closed Alpha both on the home screen and in the Library.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Thanks, I got it!

It's not a screw up. They do that because it's NDA'd and they don't want people on your friend list to know what you're playing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I got in on PS4, is it supposed to go live in 25 minutes?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just played my first game, it's running beautifully. I'm pretty anal regarding performance and this feels like 60fps almost all the time.

Edit: After putting in 2 hours the performance isn't as good as I first thought, but it's still good. There a noticeable drops when there are a lot of rockets or explosions going off at the same time but overall it's really solid for alpha, I can see them getting this to 60fps locked by release.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for PunishedSnake:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PunishedSnake, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Doom Closed Alpha PS4 EU -- MB-424F3363AF10BCF4

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This is really fun, the shotty is great.

dab0ne

Ok, so I'm guessing some people who received an invite couldn't actually download it right? I got one but its nowhere to be found in my library :(

On PS4

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I got an email with a key, redeemed it on PSN and was in. I'm honestly enjoying this more than the Uncharted 4 beta, I just keep smiling, it's so satisfying gibbing people.

Quikies83

Having issues connecting to games on X1.. Goes from "waiting for 3 more players" to "connecting" and back again. Anyone else on xbox having trouble?

Edit: and then I get in a game lol

Quikies83

Just finished first game. Great fun.. Zero lag.
Played strictly sniper but used the shotgun most of the time due to the map. Shotgun feels good. Controls are tight.
Very positive first impression.

Haines

Banned
So wait

On ps4 it shows up as main menu in my library to download?

Or is it a screw up by sony and i never should have got invite? This is really confusing

Jaroof

Well, I got the notification on my PS4 that I'd be able to download it from my Games Library, but it's not there. I see others are having this issue, as well.

Top Bottom