• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

zroid

Banned
when Radulov is in the 5th year of that deal, he's going to be 2 years younger than Marleau is right now

their contracts have the same AAV!

Socreges

Banned
His last three posts:
I think what Soc is trying to say is that The Marvie/Pikma routine was never funny nor clever and already got old and he cannot understand at all why they've kept it going continuously for the last few weeks 🙄😒

Again, I think, I'm not sure🤔
Great, so Soc thinks I'm boring and Creeper thinks I'm going crazy

Anyone else?
Wow, I find that really offensive
😬

mdubs

Banned
Oof that disparity

4816925e47.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sucks to see Radulov go, but it is what it is. Hopefully Bergevin can use that cash to get a C, we're pretty ok on the wings right now. Really hope this means Markov is coming back.

Just saw a tweet that Radulov himself is claiming that Montreal's final offer to him was the same as what Dallas offered... but it came in after he had accepted the offer from Dallas.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just saw a tweet that Radulov himself is claiming that Montreal's final offer to him was the same as what Dallas offered... but it came in after he had accepted the offer from Dallas.
There's a lot of conflicting reports out there right now. Even if they offered the same, I wouldn't be surprised if Radulov took Dallas' deal because of the tax differences alone.

Edit : Now the two most legit Habs English writers are saying that they have confirmation from the Habs they offered the same offer as Dallas prior to July 1st.

There's a lot of conflicting reports out there right now. Even if they offered the same, I wouldn't be surprised if Radulov took Dallas' deal because of the tax differences alone.

Edit : Now the two most legit Habs English writers are saying that they have confirmation from the Habs they offered the same offer as Dallas prior to July 1st.

True -- the "same offer" from Montreal is really not the same money wise. I saw somewhere that Montreal would have to offer something like 8.1 million for Radulov to get the same after-tax income as he's getting in Dallas at 6.25.

By the way if anyone needs entertainment for the off season I just learned of the documentary Ice Guardians. It's all about the rise and fall of enforcers in the NHL and their roles for guys like Gretzky. It was really entertaining and had a few interesting points that made you think about the state of the game.

zroid

Banned
holy shit McDavid is a fucking savage

he was doing an interview with Greg Wyshynski, and they were talking about a Rangers jersey. Wysh mentioned that he won't compliment the Rangers because he's a Devils fan.

McDavid's response: "what's with these random teams? earlier I was talking to an Islanders fan, and now a Devils. I haven't really heard about those two teams in a while."

holy shit McDavid is a fucking savage

he was doing an interview with Greg Wyshynski, and they were talking about a Rangers jersey. Wysh mentioned that he won't compliment the Rangers because he's a Devils fan.

McDavid's response: "what's with these random teams? earlier I was talking to an Islanders fan, and now a Devils. I haven't really heard about those two teams in a while."

Damn

Futureman

True -- the "same offer" from Montreal is really not the same money wise. I saw somewhere that Montreal would have to offer something like 8.1 million for Radulov to get the same after-tax income as he's getting in Dallas at 6.25.

This actually seems pretty unfair for Canadian teams. Never thought of this.

Top Bottom