• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Mentok

Banned
Radulov was always chasing the money. A total mercenary. Later bruh. Guarantee he'll be bought out long before 5 years.

Anyways,

In:
- Drouin
- Alzner
- Hemsky
- Holland
- Froese
- Taormina

Out:
- Radulov
- Sergachev
- Markov

WTF:
- $84M on a goalie
- 5 years on the job and still no 1C or 2C

What kind of blackmail does BargainBin have on Molson to allow such a pure trash GM keep his job?

In:
Drouin and Alzner for sure, the other guys may just be AHL for all we know.

Out:
Sergachev for Drouin is a good trade. You weren't going to get Drouin without Sergachev in the trade. Radulov going seems more like him chasing the $$ than anything else. I mean they offered him a good deal from all I've heard. To beat out Dallas, it would've had to been $7.5 mil/5yrs. I wouldn't make that deal. Markov's not out yet.

WTF:
Getting a 1C isn't easy, you have to offer up something big. Take a player like Mackinnon, or Tavares. What would you think it would take to pry them away? A LOT more than AGally.
Without Price, there is no team here. You want to tank for the next 4 years on a full rebuild, then trade him. You want to win, you got to sign him. The deal is $70mil in signing bonuses, which means they can easily trade him should they decide that down the road.

I still stand that his biggest error is keeping a terrible coaching staff in place. THAT will destroy this team.

zroid

Banned
i just had a bone chilling thought

we've been assuming as a silver lining there's an outside chance marleau would replace hyman on the matthews-nylander line

but

hyman is a right shot and the only player that's been anchored to matthews no matter what

marleau-matthews-hyman

��

i dunno what they're gonna do with Hyman. honestly i COULD see him staying on the Matthews line. But I think what I would do is put Komarov on the top line (he is like a better version of Hyman), put Marleau with Kadri (gives that line a bit more firepower), and drop Hyman to the 4th line with Moore and Kapanen.

edit: legit forgot that Matt Martin exists. sigh. Wishful thinking I suppose.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Just remember... the Leafs traded Sundin after their long quest of failing to find him a #1 winger and it took almost 10 years to get a 1C again.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just how many Habs jerseys do you own anyway?
Around 13-15 I think. I have 4 of Price alone just from all the international teams he's been on. I was gonna get a Radulov one if he had resigned 😒

In:
Drouin and Alzner for sure, the other guys may just be AHL for all we know.

Out:
Sergachev for Drouin is a good trade. You weren't going to get Drouin without Sergachev in the trade. Radulov going seems more like him chasing the $$ than anything else. I mean they offered him a good deal from all I've heard. To beat out Dallas, it would've had to been $7.5 mil/5yrs. I wouldn't make that deal. Markov's not out yet.

WTF:
Getting a 1C isn't easy, you have to offer up something big. Take a player like Mackinnon, or Tavares. What would you think it would take to pry them away? A LOT more than AGally.
Without Price, there is no team here. You want to tank for the next 4 years on a full rebuild, then trade him. You want to win, you got to sign him. The deal is $70mil in signing bonuses, which means they can easily trade him should they decide that down the road.

I still stand that his biggest error is keeping a terrible coaching staff in place. THAT will destroy this team.
I agree with most of this. With Sergachev gone, so goes our biggest trading chip for a centre. Best hope is AGally can still become that guy, which I still believe he can.

Socreges

Banned
Just remember... the Leafs traded Sundin after their long quest of failing to find him a #1 winger and it took almost 10 years to get a 1C again.
I remember that. What a return they got, too. Definitely didn't lose him to "retirement", free agency, and the Canucks. Nope. Long Live Leafs

DopeyFish

Worth noting that the Leafs could have drafted Seguin

Always worth noting

Now that you mention it...our 2010 and 2011 draft was an absolute disaster

Our traded picks ended up being: Tyler Seguin, John Gibson, Brandon Saad, Josh Manson, Rickard Rakell, Philipp Grubauer

like... holy shit.

edit: forgot dougie hamilton! D:

Yawnier

Banned
Now that you mention it...our 2010 and 2011 draft was an absolute disaster

Our traded picks ended up being: Tyler Seguin, John Gibson, Brandon Saad, Josh Manson, Rickard Rakell, Philipp Grubauer

has-a-sad.gif

DopeyFish

Babcock brought up Tyler Bozak, Nazem Kadri, James van Riemsdyk and Leo Komarov.

“They’re real good players,” the coach said. “And two of them or . . . any way you look at it, we can’t all be on the team as we move ahead. It doesn’t work like that. We have to figure out a way when you have opportunities to do what you can.”

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Samyy

Just want to pop in and say Vancouver is fucking amazing, love his city.

Went hiking to the Eagle Bluffs yesterday and this whole area is soooo damn beautiful.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
For a guy who goes on about loyalty, Bergevin sure loves throwing certain players under the bus, and has no problem letting a lifelong Hab, who was still one of their best players, walk.

Socreges

Banned
For a guy who goes on about loyalty, Bergevin sure loves throwing certain players under the bus, and has no problem letting a lifelong Hab, who was still one of their best players, walk.
Markov should get a dog

Just want to pop in and say Vancouver is fucking amazing, love his city.

Went hiking to the Eagle Bluffs yesterday and this whole area is soooo damn beautiful.
Come back in winter and snowboard on the north shore and at Whistler

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm curious if Markov's ask really is $6 x 2 years

If so, I don't understand why this is an issue.

Socreges

Banned
Benning mic'd up.

I don't think I've ever heard him speak lol
He's just.....man. How can anyone take him seriously?

Good to see him active with the 5th pick, though, and seeing if he can move down. Funny how attached they grew to Pettersson. Buffalo would have probably taken Mittelstadt at #5, Glass still at #6, but I wonder if NYR would have taken Pettersson instead of Andersson if he were available.

"How come no one's taking Kole Kind?" was funny

Quick

Banned
Got my first foul ball at the Phillies/Pirates game tonight. 😁😁😁😁😁

Damn. Happy birthday, Marvie.

I've been to a number of Jays games and have missed out on foul balls. I've sat close to where it would land, but never close enough to catch.

Top Bottom