• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni 2 announced for the PS4 - "PS4 Console Debut", Level-5 Pub/NB for West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Biggest disappointment of E3 for me was no news on this.

F4r0_Atak

The console debut is PS4, does anyone reckon this will be released on XB1? I reckon it would sell loads.

Don't expect Level-5 to port this game to Xbox One as they had a very bad experience working with Microsoft/Xbox in the past.

Btw, didn't Adam Boyes confirmed at some point that the console debut was just a mistake and that NNK2 was PS4 exclusive.

God damnit. I'll forgive the zombie bump just because it offers me the excuse to grouse about no E3 info for this game. Give us an update L5!

Exentryk

We live in a reality where NNK2 exists, you should be excited!

The best timeline.

This was the only game I actually wanted to hear about this E3. I need moar, dammit!

1449580081-nnk-gif-2.gif

For once a necroing I can agree with. Where was this game Sony? You guys sure made a big deal of it last e3.

That said I'd expect it to probably be highlighted at Gamescom or TGS.

Edit: My bad, it wasn't at E3, I'm getting forgetful about these things.

jett

D-Member
Thankfully I had forgotten about this game, otherwise Sony's conference would've been majorly disappointing. :p

Man this game looks stupid good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Console debut? As in PC confirmed? Because otherwise why say it like that?

For once a necroing I can agree with. Where was this game Sony? You guys sure made a big deal of it last e3.

That said I'd expect it to probably be highlighted at Gamescom or TGS.

Really?
It wasnt at e3 last year.
It was revealed at PSX.

Console debut? As in PC confirmed? Because otherwise why say it like that?

We still dont know
Adam Boyes said: PS4 Exclusive
But a bg sign said: console debut

Normally they're clear about this so not sure what happened there.

CCIE

Banned
It's a Japanese thing. I'd expect to see more on this at TGS, and it will probably be on NX, and maybe PC. I wouldn't count on any iteration of the Xbox because it is a JRPG

Thanks for the reminder that it wasn't at E3 had forgotten about it while wondering where WiLD and What remains of Edith Finch were. I guess Tokyo Game Show will be the next reveal.

But seriously doe, I have been thinking why this particular game was greenlighted. Sure, it did ok in the west but not that great in Japan. It still strikes me a little odd Sony seemingly isn't funding any of it and yet it comes off as a high budget sequel rather than some half assed effort. Makes me think if this is a passion project of sorts for the team at Level 5. Just imagine how many Yo Kai Watch spinoffs they could produce for the same effort!

i hope ni no kuni 2 is canceled because of this thread bump

I'd kill you for bumping this up.

Thread necro false alarm. Damn it!

worst bump ever

It's just a prank, bro!

wispsmoke

Neo Member
Yo, for you true believers, I'm in the mood to hear some reasons as to why I should give the original another shot. I still own my ps3 copy, but only got as far as the first town. The game seemed slow and the effort that was put into being charming came across to me as grating. Does it get better as it goes on?

Yo, for you true believers, I'm in the mood to hear some reasons as to why I should give the original another shot. I still own my ps3 copy, but only got as far as the first town. The game seemed slow and the effort that was put into being charming came across to me as grating. Does it get better as it goes on?

Ok, first of all, it has a welsh fairy in it.

Secondly, just listen to dat soundtrack:

NNK is legit one of the best OSTs of last gen. No doubt this one will give current gen a run for it's money. Based Joe.

In Loving Memory Of Allie
Drippy
Field Theme (too good for this planet)
Boss Battle
Taking To The Skies
The Executor's Knight
Pieces Of A Broken Heart

Third, it has dem HD towns not even Square manages to develop.

Fourth, just LOOK at it!

Did I mention it has a welsh fairy in it?

casiopao

Me too lol. The graphics and art style is nice for sure but mannnn o man is the battle system bad. I literally fall asleep once in the middle of battle here.TT

Exentryk

Me too lol. The graphics and art style is nice for sure but mannnn o man is the battle system bad. I literally fall asleep once in the middle of battle here.TT

They'd only need to tweak/change the following things, and it'd make the combat a lot more fun.

1. Enemy AI (Give us more detailed ways to control them)
2. Map important actions like Attack, Defend, etc., directly to a button, while leave items and other stuff for the command menu. Map Familiar abilities to say, 'shortcut button + face buttons' (eg. R2+X=Ability 1, R2+O=Ability 2, etc.).

Be interesting to see what they do with NNK2's combat.

casiopao

They'd only need to tweak/change the following things, and it'd make the combat a lot more fun.

1. Enemy AI (Give us more detailed ways to control them)
2. Map important actions like Attack, Defend, etc., directly to a button, while leave items and other stuff for the command menu. Map Familiar abilities to say, 'shortcut button + face buttons' (eg. R2+X=Ability 1, R2+O=Ability 2, etc.).

Be interesting to see what they do with NNK2's combat.

I hope so, i do wanted to love this game so much here that i think i invest 20 hours for the game but man, those 20 hours ks just bad. It never click with me and i end up hating the game more.TT

Exentryk

I hope so, i do wanted to love this game so much here that i think i invest 20 hours for the game but man, those 20 hours ks just bad. It never click with me and i end up hating the game more.TT

Honestly, all you need to do is get Dinoceros and you won't have to worry about anything else. Getting strong monsters will take the stress and frustration out of the combat, and you'll be able to relax and enjoy the world and monsters more.

casiopao

Honestly, all you need to do is get Dinoceros and you won't have to worry about anything else. Getting strong monsters will take the stress and frustration out of the combat, and you'll be able to relax and enjoy the world and monsters more.

Well with my PS3 had broke down, i won't have ways to play the first one anyway but i will still pay close attention to this game here as the first one had been one of my biggest disappointment so i would love to be proven wrong nexy time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom