• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

zeopower6

Notice some differences between versions:

zuxuBRs.jpg

Pretty disc art! *_*

Wynnebeck

Banned
Sorry to hear you guys got shafted by Digital River but anyone who ordered from them during the great Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Fiasco at the Capcom Store already knew what to expect.

Eusis

Oh nice, even the disc art is different. Glad I got both versions then. :O
Also means I probably wouldn't be able to make myself give up even just the WE disc if I'm disappointed with the game and want to trade it in. I thought maybe the disc would be the same, but guess not!

Dr. Light

Notice some differences between versions:

zuxuBRs.jpg

Which is which? I assume the colored one is the WE version?

NVM. The German version better be nice. Maybe if we're lucky it'll have a giant manual with 5 different languages like the German version of Xenoblade I imported. Seriously, that thing was a beast.

Zaventem

Sorry to hear you guys got shafted by Digital River but anyone who ordered from them during the great Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Fiasco at the Capcom Store already knew what to expect.

Holy fuck that completely went out my mind.I can't believe i went so hard for that though.It got devalued so quickly..

PokéKong

What the hell even was that mysterious short notice "restock" window to pre-order the WE if they apparently didn't actually have enough to sell for more than 10 seconds? I stupidly canceled another import pre-order I had made when I ordered it then and it seemed to be successful at the time. This is utter shit

madhtr

Ordered mine back on July 1st. Got an email yesterday that it was shipped.

...but there's no tracking number in the email. :/

Take your order number, go to the UPS site, click on the tracking link, go to track by reference, paste the order number in there, and find out.

Lucent

Ordered mine back on July 1st. Got an email yesterday that it was shipped.

...but there's no tracking number in the email. :/

You can use the order number on UPS.com with Track By Reference under Tracking.

EDIT: Beaten
like Digital River should be

Wow, that Wizard Edition is beautiful. Had I known, I would have gladly put myself through this Digital Rivers ordeal with the hopes of ending up with one.

Kudos to you guys that scored this edition, the developers put a lot of love into that package. Too bad some third party had to screw up the ordering process.

madhtr

One day there will be a National Geographic special about the internet and we'll be featured...

"And if you look here, one of the mammals has realized they are angry and that they would be willing to defecate on someone to bring happiness to themselves and others. Oh, look there, that is what we refer to as the Chillaxdude, notice the snarling and gnashing of teeth. Frightening, indeed."

The one with the color art inside is the WE version.

Well mine came packed alright but the cover and inside panel of the box the paint job got fucked up and there is line running down it. Other then that packing wise it was alright.

Wizard edition is the colorful one!

Alright that's what I figured but I wouldn't have been surprised if the wizard edition was the black and white one. :lol

And you said the paint got fucked up, does that mean it's not shrink wrapped at all? I'm just curious how my 2 will come out, if they'll put it in one box or two separate boxes.

this clusterfuck just discouraged me to buy this game. i was so hyped about this before and now i don't even wanna think about this game. fuck you, namco. i hope your servers get fried and all your data gets lost.

Alright that's what I figured but I wouldn't have been surprised if the wizard edition was the black and white one. :lol

And you said the paint got fucked up, does that mean it's not shrink wrapped at all? I'm just curious how my 2 will come out, if they'll put it in one box or two separate boxes.

There was shrink wrapped. I think this was a distribution issue with some of the boxes. It wraps around the front of the box and then opening the display panel it has another one on a different area. Seem like a print error. Don't think it's for all of them.

reson8or

this clusterfuck just discouraged me to buy this game. i was so hyped about this before and now i don't even wanna think about this game. fuck you, namco. i hope your servers get fried and all your data gets lost.

Weren't you telling everyone to "chillaxe" and making light of people's reactions before? I guess it ain't so funny now.

It sucks hardcore what's happening to everyone, including you, but it's does make me chuckle a bit to see you do a complete 180 a wig out.

Danj

Stupid question but you do know it's not Namco who fucked up here, right? It's Digital River.

Stupid question but you do know it's not Namco who fucked up here, right? It's Digital River.

does that excuse Namco of any blame? no. hell, they kept on posting pictures on facebook today while being rained by complaints and questions non-stop.

chidrock

Contemplating just saying fuck it and buying one of eBay. Not sure if these prices will come back down once a week or two goes by. Anyone ever been in this situation before?

Top Bottom