• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

A lot of developers are posting about not getting their copies on Twitter, too. I kind of wonder if this game will sell surprisingly well?! If it does, I'd be happy.

Arc07

This whole thing is hilarious. My first order that I placed on Jan 17th was refunded back to me. Cancelation email was sent a day after launch. Someone posted a link on here that added it directly to your cart and that order shipped yesterday. Not only did it ship (arrives on Monday), but the charge went from pending to nonexistent. Jesus this company is fucking awful.

This whole thing is hilarious. My first order that I placed on Jan 17th was refunded back to me. Cancelation email was sent a day after launch. Someone posted a link on here that added it directly to your cart and that order shipped yesterday. Not only did it ship (arrives on Monday), but the charge went from pending to nonexistent. Jesus this company is fucking awful.

Yes, and you must get free 2 day shipping.

Just watching this now. Not sure if it's good enough to show you. Cuz I'm watching it. lol

EDIT: Probably a better one. Other guy spent too much time opening stuff. lol.

Thanks. It looks really nice, I'm just gonna order it while it's still available on Amazon. I wonder if it will still include the gold Hurley dlc. What is supposed to be different between the strategy guide and the companion book anyways? The companion book is just another guide, right?

Lucent

Thanks. It looks really nice, I'm just gonna order it while it's still available on Amazon. I wonder if it will still include the gold Hurley dlc. What is supposed to be different between the strategy guide and the companion book anyways? The companion book is just another guide, right?

I don't know how much of the Companion book is in the strategy guide but it at least has the bestiary and probably items and all the usual stuff in an RPG guide.

And the DLC isn't limited to pre-orders. Someone mentioned that Prima said it's in all the guides.

I wish I could literally take a shit on someone for causing this nightmare.
tumblr_lxq88tBhpt1qfziih.gif

I also got my order cancelled and I think that this whole situation was just handled badly.

Lucent

tumblr_lxq88tBhpt1qfziih.gif

I also got my order cancelled and I think that this whole situation was just handled badly.

omg that gif. Did that little dog really poop in the other's mouth?

Little dog is GAF. Bigger dog is Digital River. Well, as far as we'd wish to do to them. It's the other way around for what really happened. =l

Yagharek

Ive had my Australian one on order since about August last year, fully paid off. Made a call last week to get confirmation it will be fine and I have received assurances.

I would be livid if that turns out like you poor lot have had through digital river.

FSLink

Banned
Same happened to me.

zeopower6

The Wizards Edition number was based on Ninostarter, which only got like 4200 sales or something.

That number was based on the FB likes on the game page at the time. No one really knows how many they made... Dunno about that tweet.

Also the game being sold out everywhere in retail stores AND online is a bit of a good sign. I find it a bit odd that people are even saying the game isn't "selling well" even though it is pretty much unavailable since the release date. I get that they did not ship many to stores but what about the Amazon stock depleting or the guide selling out completely there as well?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be

Companion book is meant to be the same as the in game book maybe? It's not really a guide, just info and history on the world.

Strategy guides will detail every item on the world and have spoilers and tell you what to do etc.

hirokazu

So they didn't have enough stock to fulfill all the orders from Jan 17. Fair enough. How the hell did they have enough stock to fulfill all the orders made Jan 24 when the link was all over the Internet?

zeopower6

So they didn't have enough stock to fulfill all the orders from Jan 17. Fair enough. How the hell did they have enough stock to fulfill all the orders made Jan 24 when the link was all over the Internet?

My guess is that they were orders intended for people who preordered last summer but had their payment info messed up over the last few months which resulted in a bunch of extra copies that ended up being sold via that secret link.

17 was used stock from thous, who completely cancel their preorder. There was a message from DR, that that all was sell in several second and they just forgot to update status after two hours.
That link was for thous, who get problem with payment or mail address.

In Europe there are already some crazy prices on ebay for the wizard edition. Does this mean this will repeat over here? *crosses fingers his copy arrives*

In Europe there are already some crazy prices on ebay for the wizard edition. Does this mean this will repeat over here? *crosses fingers his copy arrives*

I don't thinks so. Amazon is good with pre-orders and other stuffs overall. You can change address at any moment and charge goes when package is shipped.

I don't thinks so. Amazon is good with pre-orders and other stuffs overall. You can change address at any moment and charge goes when package is shipped.
Yep. if anything it's European scalpers knowing the US situation and the fact that Americans are now looking at the European Wizard Edition for import.

Brera

Banned
just seen a youtube ad for this....I like...whats all the fuss about? Is this over a LTD ed or is the normal game hard to find?

thuway

I think there is enough pent up demand that they could reopen preorders for a new Wizards edition and ship however many orders are filled in. They have nothing to lose.

Brera

Banned
It's out in the EU on the 1st feb and £35 in most places....worth waiting for UK Bomba prices or is this going to evaporate fast?

Bare in mind UK gamers have shit taste?

It's out in the EU on the 1st feb and £35 in most places....worth waiting for UK Bomba prices or is this going to evaporate fast?

afaik, even the standard version is sold out at Amazon.co.uk

for those interested in getting the Wizard Edition, Amazon.de is still accepting pre-orders

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I realize that this will seem trivial to most, in light of the cancellations...
But to smear some more crap on an already heaping shit pile, I'm pretty damn pissed that I paid an extra $12 to get the game a week late!

Eusis

But to smear some more crap on an already heaping shit pile, I'm pretty damn pissed that I paid an extra $12 to get the game a week late!
It's why I stuck with two day, the extra $5 wouldn't matter if I wasn't playing the next day anyway with their track record. Ironically may've made a weekend's difference here though.

Just picked up everything that happened for north america .

It's a disgrace for everyone concerned with managing the copies of the wizards edition.

i preordered on amazon.fr and i hope i won't have such problems.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
afaik, even the standard version is sold out at Amazon.co.uk
Yeah, but that just means you can't get it day one. Since Brera's already thinking about waiting for the bomba price, I doubt that'll matter to him.There'll be a second printing.

My guess is that sales will be very frontloaded, so when that second print run happens some copies will hang around for a while. I'm not so familiar with the UK market but this happened with Radiant Historia and DQV over here.

I really doubt there'll be a second printing of the LE. I hope Amazon.de will be able to fill the orders being placed from the US—hate to jinx things, but it's weird that their preorders are still open when everyone else's have closed.

Just picked up everything that happened for north america .

It's a disgrace for everyone concerned with managing the copies of the wizards edition.

i preordered on amazon.fr and i hope i won't have such problems.

Thanks, Hope you don't have any problems either. Let us know how amazon.fr goes!

CipherT

Neo Member
TLDR every single post, but this is not just a problem in North America but in the European/Australian Release as well?

Eusis

TLDR every single post, but this is not just a problem in North America but in the European/Australian Release as well?
It's possible, but not likely, and a lot of the problem came down to who managed selling and shipping the game (Digital River). At worst you'll get a few retailers over there bungling it badly, and they likely aren't the ones with good reputations like Amazon anyway.

chidrock

Not sure if it makes you feel better, but some are paying an extra $300 to get it a week later...

Sucks. Last night I slept on it and decided I'd just have to pay $350 for it. Now I wake up and the ones I was looking at are all gone and everything is up over $400.

Almost everywhere has started to sell out of Ni No Kuni in the UK, while GAME is advertising preorders still, it's notably doing so without the Wizard's Book offer less than a week after they announced the promo. The Prima guide is almost completely sold out everywhere too with still a week to go - which I've rarely seen happen...

Ni No Kuni is still likely to drop in price in a few weeks when demand drops, I suspect it won't sustain like it might do in NA for weeks. But the UK market can be a little weird sometimes, I really hope Ni No Kuni does well in both regions because I'ld LOVE to see a sequel or another Ghibli-designed title. It's a little sad to see the response of some people to this is to not buy the game at all : (

EU Fans absolutely need not panic at all, the NA situation is COMPLETELY different to ours. Stock for Wizards edition was sent to proper reputable retailers who run massive amount of purchases on a day-to-day basis. We didn't have to deal with Namco-Bandai US's own store or Digital Rivers incompetence. I was a little envious of the Ninostarter extras, but I think I will take having a secure copy over any of those really.

CipherT

Neo Member
It's possible, but not likely, and a lot of the problem came down to who managed selling and shipping the game (Digital River). At worst you'll get a few retailers over there bungling it badly, and they likely aren't the ones with good reputations like Amazon anyway.

Reassuring, thank you

Well, they finally cancelled mine, after three days.

It was due to my shipping address being a P.O. Box.

I would like to mention that almost EVERY shopping site will point out if a P.O. Box is not acceptable, and won't let you place the order.
Also, why didn't they send me an e-mail at some point, and say "hey man, your address isn't right, do you have another one", just like EVERY other shopping site.

And finally, I called yesterday, and talked about this with one of their people, and gave them an alternate physical address if they couldn't ship to that one.

She told me they would try to ship to the other one, but if that wouldn't do, they would ship to the physical address.

I just can't believe how eager they are to cancel orders. It's like if ANYTHING is wrong, you're cancelled. Any other place would at least contact you and try to work things out.

In the end: FUCK DIGITAL RIVER, IN IT'S ASS

Replicant

Hush You! We don't know yet. I sure hope not. I ordered this thing a long time ago. Australia EB Games usually asks for pre-order deposit to guarantee that you'll get one. For WE, the money is pretty huge ($50) so they have a lot to answer for if they can't get it for those who already pay for deposit. But usually they are pretty strict with number so they'll close the page when there's no more copy. The page for WE in EB Games Australia has disappeared/closed a long time ago.

zeopower6

I really doubt there'll be a second printing of the LE. I hope Amazon.de will be able to fill the orders being placed from the US—hate to jinx things, but it's weird that their preorders are still open when everyone else's have closed.

Was it up at Amazon.de longer than for the last few days? I don't recall it ever being mentioned as having copies for sale until then anyway...

codhand

Thank you for using the services of the BBB. We have received your complaint and have determined it falls within the scope of services we provide.

The BBB understands that consumers and businesses may have varying perspectives on several issues. In order to begin the conciliation process and in accordance to BBB policy, our next step is to contact Digital River, Inc. on your behalf and request their side of the story. Once a response has been received, we will share it with you immediately.

The company may choose to respond to you directly. If that is the case, please inform the BBB of any communications exchanged or resolutions reached so your case stays up to date in our database.

Because you have chosen to do business with a BBB accredited business, the company has agreed to abide by our standards for trust that include honoring promises, being responsive to complaints, and embodying integrity by approaching all business dealings with honesty and transparency. The BBB will hold them to this agreement when working through your complaint.

You may check the status of your complaint at www.minnesota.bbb.org by clicking on 'access a complaint' located in the blue box to the right of the screen. Enter your case id, ******and your password, *****. Please select 'complainant'.

The text of this complaint may be be publicly posted on the Better Business Bureau's website. Please do not include any personally identifiable information. By submitting your complaint you are representing that it is a truthful account of your experience with the business. BBB may edit your complaint to remove any personally identifiable information and/or inappropriate language, but ultimately it is your responsibility to remove this information.

Thank you for contacting the BBB and please continue to use our services.

Sincerely,
____

feels good man

Was it up at Amazon.de longer than for the last few days? I don't recall it ever being mentioned as having copies for sale until then anyway...

It has been up there for ages, but noone took notice because everyone was scrambling to get the UK version. Some people might have been deterred by the German text and ugly ratings logo on the box and game case, as well as not being sure if the game and book are in english (which they are, of course).

Funilly enough they have put their pre-order incentives back up, after taking them down yesterday.

Replicant

It has been up there for ages, but noone took notice because everyone was scrambling to get the UK version. Some people might have been deterred by the German text and ugly ratings logo on the box and game case, as well as not being sure if the game and book are in english (which they are, of course).

Funilly enough they have put their pre-order incentives back up, after taking them down yesterday.

They've also increased the price. I only paid 75 Euro. It's now 89 euro. Sneaky Amazon.

Top Bottom