• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

iammeiam

So, how many went for the German one ?

I did; GermaNi no Kuni works for me. Plus, given how much less limited it is, I won't have as much internal struggle on opening vs preserving value and keeping it sealed. Not as good as getting the US version, but a fairly decent substitute ultimately.

Cbajd5

Those are preorders, at least the Italian one is, says available January 31st. And looks like it's the PAL version, so your codes wont work for DLC if you import it.

I know, but the Italian one looks like it has a multi region box compared to the German one.

They also offer 2~3 day shipping for EUR 24,00 although standard shipping is EUR 10,00.

TheExodu5

Banned
My shipment is certainly making its rounds. From Tenesee, to South Carolina, to Virginia, to Pensylvania. Slowly but surely it'll make it's way to Canada. Shame I won't have it before the weekend. :(

Wereroku

Talked to Namco directly and they are planning something to address this but the rep I was talking to was not allowed to divulge more that that. They sent my info to to some one else and I should hear back later today or Monday. Rich Bantegui is the one handling this it sounds like so you can also call their main number and ask to be transferred to Rich Bantegui. He is not answering his calls but you can leave a message.

renzo

Thanks for the info on the German WE, i guess i´ll go for that one, i just want the book, have the game and a Japanese companion book that i don´t understand =(.

Some publisher should go and print the Wizard´s Companion, i´ll pay 50 dollars just for it =(

Hobbun

My shipment is certainly making its rounds. From Tenesee, to South Carolina, to Virginia, to Pensylvania. Slowly but surely it'll make it's way to Canada. Shame I won't have it before the weekend. :(

As of 1 minute ago, mine is scheduled to arrive today.

But I thought the German book was region locked?

tried to get some lightness in this depressing thread

malfcn

Talked to Namco directly and they are planning something to address this but the rep I was talking to was not allowed to divulge more that that. They sent my info to to some one else and I should hear back later today or Monday. Rich Bantegui is the one handling this it sounds like so you can also call their main number and ask to be transferred to Rich Bantegui. He is not answering his calls but you can leave a message.

1 (408) 235-2000 ?

region-free. You're fine.

I didn't know if the game was only PAL or NTSC. Never imported anything before.

Lucent

Well my WE arrived a half hour ago. I'm glad I got it before having to move and was home because this time the UPS guy only lightly knocked and left the box between my doors without having me sign for it. Never usually happens with UPS for me. I guess he got possessed by Digital River just by touching the box and had to let go of it.

The box that it comes in is just big enough for the WE to fit in so there's no jumbling around inside. That's good at least I guess.

I'm unsure if I should open it though now since it was so hard to get here. >_<

I'm glad there are options for the people who got screwed over though. That Amazon.de WE sounds like a great alternative to dealing with these guys.

GringoJB

Oh my God, running my UPS tracking number now gives me a warning that "Adverse Weather May Cause Delay" :p Evil Digital River supervillain weather control device confirmed.

Cbajd5

My self debate on getting the amazon.it one has cost me 41 cents.

Dang it.

I can't justify spending an extra 22 dollars to get it earlier though.

Oh my God, running my UPS tracking number now gives me a warning that "Adverse Weather May Cause Delay" :p Evil Digital River supervillain weather control device confirmed.

Ugh. I keep checking mine. It's been in TN for the past two days. Says it's supposed to be here Tuesday but with all the bad juju associated with this release... *sigh* I wouldn't be surprised if the weather affects mine too.

Friggz

i havent been able to follow this issue since last night, has any company come out and said anything yet? are there any new updates for this?

Aeana

it will, you need a german account to download the dlc's. but i don't know if i switch back to my canadian account, i get to keep the dlc's?
and the amazon we has two more pokemons than scamco we?

Yes, if you switch to another account, you will still have access to the DLC. I do this with JP/Asian PS3 games all the time.

Takuya

Banned
Yes, if you switch to another account, you will still have access to the DLC. I do this with JP/Asian PS3 games all the time.

That only works if the DLC applies to the different game codes, i.e. BCUSXXX, BLEUXXX, etc. Most DLC only works for the copies of the game that were meant for the same region.

But if you're using the same region's game on your Canadian account (ie. german game, german dlc, canadian account) than yes it will work. As long as you keep playing the game the DLC was meant for.

Katzii

While I do agree that taking ones frustrations out on another person who is just doing their job is not the best way to handle things, customer service reps, if properly trained should be able to handle -to some degree- disgruntled customers.

Excusing them from representing their company and blaming "the higher ups" does no one any good, by the same token, if you are not making progress with a particular rep, you probably should request to speak with their supervisor who might be more able to help with you particular situation.

In my view screaming, becoming hostile or agitated are usually detrimental to your cause.

I'm not saying they shouldn't; what I'm saying is that people in this thread who are saying the reps should "suck it up" are being ridiculous. At the end of the day, it's not the fault of the reps that this has happened, and when I said "higher ups", I explicitly said that people should be asking to speak to people who are directly responsible or asking how they can contact them directly.

People don't need to get arsy over a bunch of trinkets.

My copy finally came in (had a family member bring it inside the house, lol at no signature). Won't be able to play it till tonight after I get off work, though.

Aeana

That only works if the DLC applies to the different game codes, i.e. BCUSXXX, BLEUXXX, etc. Most DLC only works for the copies of the game that were meant for the same region.

But if you're using the same region's game on your Canadian account (ie. german game, german dlc, canadian account) than yes it will work. As long as you keep playing the game the DLC was meant for.

?_?
I'm talking about, for instance, having an Asian version of Tales of Xillia, connecting to HK PSN and downloading DLC, then switching to my NA account and the DLC still works. I'm not really sure what you mean by the first part of your post.

Takuya

Banned
?_?
I'm talking about, for instance, having an Asian version of Tales of Xillia, connecting to HK PSN and downloading DLC, then switching to my NA account and the DLC still works. I'm not really sure what you mean by the first part of your post.

I'm not too sure either now... lol

FSLink

Banned
?_?

I thought in this case it's sharing DLC with your two accounts. Unless the DLC in the CE only has a 1 user limit or something, I don't see why this would be an issue as long as you use EU store for EU copy to redeem the code, or NA store for NA copy, etc.

So in otherwords, you should be able to run a EU copy of Ni no Kuni on your NA account with the DLC as long as you redeem the EU DLC content on the EU PSN.

Aeana

I thought in this case it's sharing DLC with your two accounts. Unless the DLC in the CE only has a 1 user limit or something, I don't see why this would be an issue as long as you use EU store for EU copy to redeem the code, or NA store for NA copy, etc.

From my understanding, all of the content from (PS3) PSN comes with two licenses: one for accounts and one for hardware, so it's actually using the hardware license which means you can access your digital content from any account on your PS3.

FSLink

Banned
From my understanding, all of the content from (PS3) PSN comes with two licenses: one for accounts and one for hardware, so it's actually using the hardware license which means you can access your digital content from any account on your PS3.

Hm actually yeah this does sound accurate since I do this between my NA, Asia, and JPN accounts all the time with digital content.

frequency

?_?

Tales of Xillia DLC from Japan PSN will work for the Japan version of the game no matter what account you're logged into.

Tales of Xillia DLC from Japan PSN will not work for the North American version of the game no matter what account you're logged into.

So for Ni No Kuni, if you have European DLC it will work on the European version of the game even if you're logged into a USA account. But if you have a North American version of the game, the DLC likely will not work no matter what you're logged into.

But I don't think anyone is talking about getting the German CE and using the DLC code and then buying a North American version of the game to play?

thanks.
i really want the na we, but i guess the german one will do for now. worse packaging, german text on manual and box, no coin, cards or cd, but two extra pokemons!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I just got my $20 coupon code from Namco. It would be awesome if Ni No Kuni (the standard edition) wasn't freakin sold out from their store. >_>

Top Bottom