• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

They've also increased the price. I only paid 75 Euro. It's now 89 euro. Sneaky Amazon.

Are you from the US? If so, they haven't raised it, you just didn't have to pay 20% VAT, which applies to people in the EU. It has been at 89€ for at least 2 weeks now, and probably long before that.

One day there will be a National Geographic special about the internet and we'll be featured...

"And if you look here, one of the mammals has realized they are angry and that they would be willing to defecate on someone to bring happiness to themselves and others. Oh, look there, that is what we refer to as the Chillaxdude, notice the snarling and gnashing of teeth. Frightening, indeed."

OMG that's hilarious xD

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Ni-...ent=order-details&utm_campaign=Order-dispatch

it's 23.65 cdn with free worldwide shipping from here still. no idea why but hey, a deal's a deal.

well, i noticed the guide is the same in UK and US, do you think the code for the familiar DLC would work on any PSN account -UK/US- ?

whitelighter89

Neo Member
I'm kinda worried about my order now. Ordered from GS Ireland and heard nothing yet. Didn't even know they pushed the release date to next week...happy camper I am not.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I'm kinda worried about my order now. Ordered from GS Ireland and heard nothing yet. Didn't even know they pushed the release date to next week...happy camper I am not.

I wouldn't be worried.

EU Fans absolutely need not panic at all, the NA situation is COMPLETELY different to ours. Stock for Wizards edition was sent to proper reputable retailers who run massive amount of purchases on a day-to-day basis. We didn't have to deal with Namco-Bandai US's own store or Digital Rivers incompetence. I was a little envious of the Ninostarter extras, but I think I will take having a secure copy over any of those really.

It's too bad we can't update the OP or title with something that points out North America is the only region having these issues because Digital River.

No Hope Left :(

Thank you for contacting the Namco Bandai US Online Store.

We do apologize. Unfortunately there is simply not enough stock to
fulfill all preorders. We apologize for any inconvenience and regret
that there will be orders which will not be fulfilled, but we do not
have the stock available to do this.

Sincerely,
Jessica W.
Namco Bandai US Online Store
Customer Service
namcobandai.en.cs@digitalriver.com
Email ID: ******

hope they refund me soon so i can manage to buy EU version, 7-10 days is nonsense ! it's $237.1 right here! yes i bought 2 copies both are cancelled :\

OSHAN

So, in an act of utmost kindness, my friend and co-worker, who ordered when I did on the 17th, who didn't have his copy canceled, said he would let me have it when it arrives on Tuesday. I'll have to pay him the $110, of course.

LiK

So, in an act of utmost kindness, my friend and co-worker, who ordered when I did on the 17th, who didn't have his copy canceled, said he would let me have it when it arrives on Tuesday. I'll have to pay him the $110, of course.

Great friend

TheExodu5

Banned
That's nonsense, I can understand $200, but $400.
Yes, I see many was sold, but now ebay clear from WE. Yesterday I see some with 6 day remaining and now zero orders. Or all those scalpers got cancellation (I hope so).

eBay isn't clear of WE. I see 17 of them up from the United States. Highest bid right now is $356 with 2h to go.

Are you get mail about cancellation? Check notice at UPS site if it created, that it will shipped today I think if no, wait several hours, when DR start to send new wave.

only cancellation note on my previous order, I can't track by reference on ups using the new order number.... fingers crossed...

ed, when i tried to view the invoice, it prompted an error.... woo boy...

frequency

That's nonsense, I can understand $200, but $400.
Yes, I see many was sold, but now ebay clear from WE. Yesterday I see some with 6 day remaining and now zero orders. Or all those scalpers got cancellation (I hope so).

I still see a lot up for $300 or more. The PlayCanada one tells me it's a private listing now though?

But people probably shouldn't be making $300-$400 decisions when emotions are like this.

I hope Namco's silence is just because they're planning to fix this in a good way and can't announce anything yet. Hopefully it's not because they're just ignoring it.

ed, when i tried to view the invoice, it prompted an error.... woo boy...

My order shipped and I still get an error when I try to look at the invoice.

Torraz

Bit on the amazon.de deal. Not sure if this game is going to BOMBA really well, so before I buy the game for the normal retail price I may as well splurge on the CE.

chidrock

I wish one of the major sites would reach out to Namco to see what their take on all of this is, and if they might be thinking of a way to clean this up.

It's a mess either way because now all of the people who are paying the scalpers would be screwed if they reprint the set. (unless they change it some way - maybe they'd drop the NA extras?)

I wish one of the major sites would reach out to Namco to see what their take on all of this is, and if they might be thinking of a way to clean this up.

It's a mess either way because now all of the people who are paying the scalpers would be screwed if they reprint the set. (unless they change it some way - maybe they'd drop the NA extras?)

Those extras were only ever intended for those that supported the ninostarter campaign last summer. If they DID decide to reprint (doubtful) it would probably be minus those additions.

If they could print more books for those who got their preorders cancelled that would be enough for me. I would pay full price for the book alone. But I'm not patient and I'll just go with the Amazon.de order.

Balb

when i see US unboxing video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEGEGpFgRU

and compare it to EU unboxing video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3QiSIvLYq0

i feel down :(
it seems like EU WE has zero quality in all aspects, if it wasn't for the wizard companion, it'd be one of the worst collector's editions that released lately :/

This is why I just want the NA WE. If I'm going to pay $100+ for a game, I want something I can feel really proud of owning.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Says UPS has my LE and is shipping.. I got ground shipping which I hopefully won't come to regret. I'm in NY the other side of the country so hopefully it won't take too long. Really sucks for all the people having trouble with this, I just wish the Wizard Edition was available in store instead of having to deal with all this extraneous BS.

zeopower6

Says UPS has my LE and is shipping.. I got ground shipping which I hopefully won't come to regret. I'm in NY the other side of the country so hopefully it won't take too long. Really sucks for all the people having trouble with this, I just wish the Wizard Edition was available in store instead of having to deal with all this extraneous BS.

The WEs seem to be shipping from Tennessee so you may not have to wait long. The estimate of California was wrong. :)

saxman717

Banned
Yeah, I ordered the Wizard's Edition with ground shipping at 12:59 EST on the 17th ---- order shipped last night from TN and has an expected delivery to MD on Monday....

TheExodu5

Banned
So those of us that got the Wizard Edition are missing out on some of the pre-order exclusive DLC (Griffy and Flutterby)? Kind of annoying.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So those of us that got the Wizard Edition are missing out on some of the pre-order exclusive DLC (Griffy and Flutterby)? Kind of annoying.

Store-specific pre-order bonuses are pretty common. I think the Griffy DLC is going for 40 to 50 bucks on ebay.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Yeah, I ordered the Wizard's Edition with ground shipping at 12:59 EST on the 17th ---- order shipped last night from TN and has an expected delivery to MD on Monday....

Yeah, I just checked.. looks like I will be getting it on Monday as well.

Still, really really sucks for everyone who has had issues. Namco should really do a gesture of goodwill or something for you guys.

I just tried to get answers by calling them up....I'm pretty sure I made the girl on the other end cry. I kinda feel bad because she's probably been getting this crap from people all week.

Top Bottom