• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 17th April - 3 PM UK/10 AM EST

Hermii

Do we know who is porting Donkey Kong to 3DS ? I assume Reggie would have mentioned it if it was Retros second team.

IrishNinja

cheesemeister should do all the OT's!

not sure what i want from this one, aside from some 3rd party love like Phoenix 5, new Igavania (haha) etc

Mr Swine

Banned
Haven't read through the thread but will Nintendo reveal new games or will they do it at E3 and just show games that are coming out now?

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Bravely Default
Fantasy Life
Zelda 3DS
Final Fantasy V Remake

I'm ready.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Haven't read through the thread but will Nintendo reveal new games or will they do it at E3 and just show games that are coming out now?
YL1uVBD.png

Realistic post:

It'll be:
"Fire Emblem is out this Friday! Oh and DLC will be coming soon!"
Animal Crossing information - "We'll SpotPass houses to you!"
Animal Crossing special edition 3DS
Focus on indie 3DS titles that are coming to eShop
Luigi's Mansion 2 - "It's been out a while, have you seen it yet?"
Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons for eShop (EU and US)

That's about it.

I hope I'm wrong because like a lot of you I want Miiverse 3DS but I don't think it'll happen.

they are releasing the new 3ds "L" that will replace the original one.
same screen size than original but similar shape than XL. it will feel almost like 3ds pocket

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
they are releasing the new 3ds "L" that will replace the original one.
same screen size than original but similar shape than XL. it will feel almost like 3ds pocket
I wouldn't mind a new version of the standard size. Especially if they sort out the screen scratching issue.

Yeah, browsing GAF is a bitch on the 3DS.
http://i.imgur.com/8OHw9zW.png

Bit better on the 3DS XL's 5x5 screen.
http://i.imgur.com/z4MOgr7.png
So XL is the better system for Mario and Luigi I see.

Zornica

Banned
I think it's too early for Bravely default (Could be a Holiday title...), but we might see Layton X Ace Attorney.

Sadly, this is the 1st N.direct I can't watch live :(

Frodo

I think it's too early for Bravely default (Could be a Holiday title...), but we might see Layton X Ace Attorney.

There is no such a thing as "too early for Bravely Default". Don't be silly.

:)

nasos_333

Considering it has already released in Japan, i dont think it is early, would be just right to announce it now so we know when to expect it and whether we will get it in this life or at all anyway

Zornica

Banned
Considering it has already released in Japan, i dont think it is early, would be just right to announce it now so we know when to expect it and whether we will get it in this life or at all anyway

There is no such a thing as "too early for Bravely Default". Don't be silly.

:)

Thats not how a nintendo direct works though. Except for the WiiU direct a few months ago, they only announce stuff that will be released within the next couple of months. Christmas is still way off.
So I wouldn't expect it yet...

(ofc thats all based on my believe that this will be their holiday title)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
nintendo better not blow their load too early, they need to save it for e3

Mainly I think this direct is going over with games that don't have release date yet and announcing the release dates that are coming out before E3 and after E3. They are going to save some of megaton for E3.

E3 isn't for that anymore. Directs are for announcements and megatons. E3 is for hands-on.

They confirmed that they are going to show and announce several new stuffs at there that we might not see on Direct.

Such as SSB4 (3DS/WiiU), Mario Kart Wii U and Mario 3D. Hopefully Retro's secret project.

Mainly I think this direct is going over with games that don't have release date yet and announcing the release dates that are coming out before E3 and after E3. They are going to save some of megaton for E3.

They confirmed that they are going to show and announce several new stuffs at there that we might not see on Direct.

Such as SSB4 (3DS/WiiU), Mario Kart Wii U and Mario 3D. Hopefully Retro's secret project.

Actually, it's interesting that he said that you'd be able to get your hands on Mario Kart and Mario 3D at E3 first, but he didn't specify that that was when they were being unveiled.

GRW810

Realistic post:

It'll be:
"Fire Emblem is out this Friday! Oh and DLC will be coming soon!"
Animal Crossing information - "We'll SpotPass houses to you!"
Animal Crossing special edition 3DS
Focus on indie 3DS titles that are coming to eShop
Luigi's Mansion 2 - "It's been out a while, have you seen it yet?"
Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons for eShop (EU and US)

That's about it.

I hope I'm wrong because like a lot of you I want Miiverse 3DS but I don't think it'll happen.
This is exactly what I'm expecting. A Direct for updates, reminders and information, not megatons. I suppose dates for Oracles and some new eShop title announcements would be enough for me.

I really hope RF4 finally gets a localisation. But realistically speaking, I don't think we will see anything new. We will be reminded of various titles that are just released and are coming up, without much new things. They might tease a few new Pokemon, though.

I really hope RF4 finally gets a localisation. But realistically speaking, I don't think we will see anything new. We will be reminded of various titles that are just released and are coming up, without much new things. They might tease a few new Pokemon, though.

Rune Factory 4 was already announced for NA by Xseed, unless you're in EU?

Flamfas

Thats not how a nintendo direct works though. Except for the WiiU direct a few months ago, they only announce stuff that will be released within the next couple of months. Christmas is still way off.
So I wouldn't expect it yet...

(ofc thats all based on my believe that this will be their holiday title)

But Bravely Default is a 3rd party title? Yes, we're talking about it being announced in a Direct, but doesn't Square have the final say as to when they want to reveal it?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
But Bravely Default is a 3rd party title? Yes, we're talking about it being announced in a Direct, but doesn't Square have the final say as to when they want to reveal it?

Not necessary. Nintendo has announced various 3rd party titles too, including Guild01, the last Professor Layton, project x zone etc.

Flamfas

Not necessary. Nintendo has announced various 3rd party titles too, including Guild01, the last Professor Layton, project x zone etc.

Right. But I would assume that was decided in collaboration of Nintendo and the third party, not Nintendo going "we're announcing your game now".

Fireblend

Banned
Right. But I would assume that was decided in collaboration of Nintendo and the third party, not Nintendo going "we're announcing your game now".

Well, yeah, that's what everyone's speculating. Of course Nintendo can't just reveal a game without the dev/publisher's consent.

Anyway, as I said, I don't really need any new game reveals. Give me a Mario & Luigi trailer, announce Layton x AA for EU/NA and I'm set.

Still no Japanese conference?

Without that, I would not expect much coming from internal Nintendo. This will probably be the time to announce the AC bundle, start hyping that and DKCR 3D, mention the XL promotion is still going on, and maybe mention some localizations.

Edit: also Guild02 and the Oracle games going up.

javac

Do you think they might have any news for the Wii U? Even just little? We need info on the new update and the Luigi expansion for NSMBU!

Do you think they might have any news for the Wii U? Even just little? We need info on the new update and the Luigi expansion for NSMBU!

I can't believe there won't be a WiiU direct in the coming weeks. More probably before the investor meeting...

Top Bottom