• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 17th April - 3 PM UK/10 AM EST

Drago

I'm in the UK. I'm confident we'll get it.

I'm in the US. I'm unsure if we'll get it.

There is a ShopTo listing for it and whether that means anything or not, with NoE's recent tendency to release tons of bundles, it would be unsurprising to see it release in Europe. NoA, on the other hand, has a shaky history with these types of things. I'm leaning more towards a release here than it not releasing, but the possibility is still there. I don't want NoA to let me down again :(

Negator

ctrl+f Bravely Default

MY BROTHERS
and SISTERS?

Layton vs Ace Attourney still hasn't been confirmed for localization, right?

I know Ace Attourney 5 is coming.

The Hermit

Vive+Latino+2013+Technoviking.gif

noffles

Banned
I'm in the US. I'm unsure if we'll get it.

There is a ShopTo listing for it and whether that means anything or not, with NoE's recent tendency to release tons of bundles, it would be unsurprising to see it release in Europe. NoA, on the other hand, has a shaky history with these types of things. I'm leaning more towards a release here than it not releasing, but the possibility is still there. I don't want NoA to let me down again :(

i'll tell you if it's good

with love

-foggy old london

Zeldana

Neo Member
NoE Direct: "In addition to the stellar new Animal Crossing bundle, we're proud to announce four new XL styles! Introducing three Mario-themed 3DS XLs that were previously exclusive to China, and one more color to welcome Spring: Mint Green! These new console colors will be available everywhere April 24."

NoA Direct: "Hey USA! Guess what? It has come to our attention that one of our best-selling franchises, Animal Crossing, is rather popular with girls. Knowing that, we would like to announce that the Pink 3DS XL, sold only in limited quantities before, will now become a permanent addition to the XL color library!"

Game announcements could be related to anything and I half-expect Bravely Default to make an appearance. However they might be better off waiting to bring it up at E3.

NoA Direct: "Hey USA! Guess what? It has come to our attention that one of our best-selling franchises, Animal Crossing, is rather popular with girls. Knowing that, we would like to announce that the Pink 3DS XL, sold only in limited quantities before, will now become a permanent addition to the XL color library!"
So accurate it hurts. I've been hoping for the silver XL in the US, myself. But, I'm really happy with my blue one. So I just want new game announcements.

If no Japanese one, here is what we will see.

1. LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins
2. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
4. Mario vs. Donkey Kong eShop Info/Date
5. Mario Golf: World Tour Date
6. Zelda Oracle Game Dates

And for third parties
1. Guild 02 Games (excluding Monsters Come Friday :/ )
2. Layton vs. Ace Attorney
3. Maaaybe Bravely Default
4. Handful of VC titles

And up in the air, brief mention of Wii U update.

Drago

Oh yeah, hoping we hear about Wario Land 3 VC in NA. Loooooong overdue. Over a year since its release in Japan (or close to it) and 4 months since its release in Europe.

Please, NoA. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Zeldana

Neo Member
So accurate it hurts. I've been hoping for the silver XL in the US, myself.
Same. Anything on the neutral spectrum from black to white (or the silvers/grays in between) would suffice.

I'm really attached to my OG 3DS but I've realized lately that I could use more drawing space for Colors 3D and the upcoming Flipnote. It's kind of a weird time either way and I'll probably wait until a while after E3 to upgrade in case they announce something completely new.

Has anyone been keeping track of the ten or so eShop games Iwata promised to unveil before the end of the year? Dillon 2, Kersploosh!, and Mario vs. DK are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

vareon

For the US, there's enough unreleased game for them to go with a no-new-announcement directs. I expect the Guild02 games though since Level 5 just teased another black box.

Bullza2o

I think I prefer them announcing this 12 hours before airing. Now I have to go through a whole day knowing about it!

Yeah same here. I find it even more interesting that they chose to do this at 9AM CDT compared to the usual 5AM/6AM CDT. It was always fun waking up so early just to watch Nintendo Directs. This time I have class at during the Direct :(

I think they already made the pink widely available.

Has anyone been keeping track of the ten or so eShop games Iwata promised to unveil before the end of the year? Dillon 2, Kersploosh!, and Mario vs. DK are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

He was talking about retail games.

To export the momentum to the overseas markets, we plan to actively release our key titles for Nintendo 3DS which could potentially lead the markets this year.

"Pokémon X/Pokémon Y," to be launched in October worldwide, could be the most-anticipated one and "Animal Crossing: New Leaf," released in Japan last year, will be available in the first half of this year.

We have already announced that "Fire Emblem Awakening," "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity," "Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon," "Brain Age: Concentration Training" and "LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins" will be released in the first half of this year. For the overseas Nintendo 3DS markets, this year will be a good harvest time of what we have developed for these two years. We plan to intensively and actively sell approximately 10 key titles on our own in order to change the Nintendo 3DS system from a handheld device just to play the Mario series to the one to enjoy a variety of games. Naturally, we will keep the momentum of already-released titles with much sales potential by, for example, having them digitally distributed.

Now, does that include Pokemon X/Y, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, PMD, Luigi's Mansion, Brain Age, and Lego City? Because if it does, then we've already hit ten games with Mario Golf, Mario and Luigi, and Donkey Kong. Since those, other than Pokemon, are all either released or "summer," I sincerely doubt that's the extent of the first party 3DS lineup for the year. As such, either all or some of those games aren't included in the "10 key titles" construction, so there's no useful metric for us to go "Aha! 4 more 3DS games to be announced!" or whatever.

What I want to happen:
-Animal Crossing details and footage
-Lego City: Chase Begins new footage
-Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D footage and details
-Mario vs Donkey Kong 3D (available right after this direct)
-Guild 02 games (they'll mention guild 01 sale)
-Mention of 3DS iDEAME! projects. (Maybe footage of Little Acorns, Vampire Crystals, etc)
-Third party sizzle reel with localizations(Bravely Defauly, AA vs PW, EX Troopers, Arkham Origins Blackgate)
-VC stuff. (Oracle games, Harvest Moon, Warioland 3, Kirby Dreamland 2)

DaBoss

Now, does that include Pokemon X/Y, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, PMD, Luigi's Mansion, Brain Age, and Lego City? Because if it does, then we've already hit ten games with Mario Golf, Mario and Luigi, and Donkey Kong. Since those, other than Pokemon, are all either released or "summer," I sincerely doubt that's the extent of the first party 3DS lineup for the year. As such, either all or some of those games aren't included in the "10 key titles" construction, so there's no useful metric for us to go "Aha! 4 more 3DS games to be announced!" or whatever.

I'm pretty sure there was another quote saying something about unrevealed games too.

Here are 10 games if those games count mentioned in the quote count:
- Fire Emblem Awakening
- Brain Age Concentration Training
- Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
- LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
- Animal Crossing New Leaf
- Mario Golf: World Tour
- Mario & Luigi Dream Team
- Pokemon X/Y

What I want:

Pokemon XY trailer with new info and pokemon reveal
Bravery Default
Fantasy Life
Animal Crossing Bundle
Pokemon RBYGSC VC releases
New yugioh game
eshop goodness

gemoran4

Is this only 1st party titles?? Honestly I'd love to hear a megaman 3ds game get announced. I know ZX and ZX2 didn't do all that great, but still.

Is this only 1st party titles?? Honestly I'd love to hear a megaman 3ds game get announced. I know ZX and ZX2 didn't do all that great, but still.

The priority will probably be Nintendo 1st-party releases, but there will be a showcase of third-party releases, especially if there's no Japanese Nintendo Direct.

ZX and ZX Advent not doing well is the least of the problem (and I imagine they did OK, given that we also got the Mega Man Zero Collection on DS - but that's also a fairly cheap cash-in). Capcom just doesn't want anything to do with Megaman right now - on any platform or any series.

gemoran4

ZX and ZX Advent not doing well is the least of the problem (and I imagine they did OK, given that we also got the Mega Man Zero Collection on DS - but that's also a fairly cheap cash-in). Capcom just doesn't want anything to do with Megaman right now - on any platform or any series.

That's too bad. I wonder why though, I mean from what I heard megaman 9 and 10 did fairly well on XBLA. They also are releasing the megaman games through the virtual console on the 3DS. From what I can tell it has a fairly sizable following, at least enough to make a profit on it if they were to make a megaman title if it was any good(and development costs for a 3DS game probably would not be all that high).

That's too bad. I wonder why though, I mean from what I heard megaman 9 and 10 did fairly well on XBLA. They also are releasing the megaman games through the virtual console on the 3DS. From what I can tell it has a fairly sizable following, at least enough to make a profit on it if they were to make a megaman title if it was any good(and development costs for a 3DS game probably would not be all that high).

Going by JPN sales data, DS games did decently, but it was clear than the series was on a decline from the Zero's GBA highs, so that's probably why they stopped. PSP games bombed badly. Again, this is only for Japan, so the WW picture may be different.

Inafune left the company and they haven't really touched the franchise since, other than making some old games available digitally. Mega Man Legends 3 (on the 3DS no less) and Mega Man Universe both cancelled pretty soon after Inafune left. They've only released Mega Man X Street Fighter since, I believe, and that was a fanmade game.

I don't think anyone knows why they stopped. A common theory is that they don't really have any idea what to do anymore.

L Thammy

Kirby X Devil May Cry.

I can feel it.

EDIT: Regarding Mega Man ZX, I think it's worth noting that the developers themselves didn't seem very confident about it. I think it was slipping a plot in between Zero and Legends that bothered them.
It's too bad, because Advent was fantastic.

Guild 02, Fantasy Life and Layton vs Phoenix.

Level-5 can own this presentation (and wallets) if they want to.

Little Battler and Girls RPG would be lovely too.

donny2112

It's been two years, just give us SNES games on the virtual channel already.

I really don't think they're going to do it. Don't know why, but the fact they haven't, and the fact they're putting GBA games on the Wii U VC (yeah, makes total sense *mind boggles*), makes me think SNES isn't coming to 3DS VC. Would buy a ton of games on 3DS SNES VC, if they made it, but they just don't seem to want/be able to, for some reason.

For this Direct, since there's not a Japanese component, there's no way they'd announced something that big, regardless, though.

I really don't think they're going to do it. Don't know why, but the fact they haven't, and the fact they're putting GBA games on the Wii U VC (yeah, makes total sense *mind boggles*), makes me think SNES isn't coming to 3DS VC. Would buy a ton of games on 3DS SNES VC, if they made it, but they just don't seem to want/be able to, for some reason.

For this Direct, since there's not a Japanese component, there's no way they'd announced something that big, regardless, though.

Ugh, it's so depressing. So utterly depressing. Sony has the generation AFTER the SNES games up for both their old and current handheld and Nintendo can't/refuses to add games from the gen before the PS1 to their current handheld.

serplux

Dat ambassador loyalty.

I think SNES games are coming.

Top Bottom