• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 17th April - 3 PM UK/10 AM EST

Frodo

My bad. But yeah, a lot of those games being shown would be great. I just like to remind people that Nintendo does enjoy dedicating a lot of time to shit we already know or have seen before. Even when there's surprises.

Like, they could spend 15 minutes talking about how to dig holes in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, then 14 minutes worth of Donkey Kong 3DS footage showing identical levels to the Wii version. And then finish with a minute long sizzle reel announcing Zelda 3DS, Metroid Dread, Half-Life 3, and Mirror's Edge 2.

Nintendo...

My thumb rule as per usual: expect nothing significantly new, and instead coverage on upcoming titles, and be happy with any surprises.

The following games are yet to release, or don't have at date at all.
- Dragon Quest VII
- Bravely Default
- Monster Hunter 4

Your just trying to overhype this as usual.

Nintendo...

I'm guessing that Nintendo's logic is to try and counterbalance the excitement of the new announcements by reminding everyone that they still exist. If they only spent two minutes on existing stuff and 13 minutes on new stuff, everyone would completely forget the existing stuff.

LayLa

My bad. But yeah, a lot of those games being shown would be great. I just like to remind people that Nintendo does enjoy dedicating a lot of time to shit we already know or have seen before. Even when there's surprises.

Agreed, people tend to forget that the main point of the Directs is to detail the releases for the next couple of months, with some sneak peeks at future releases if we are lucky. Its a marketing tool, and they are trying to sell us games that are coming soon.

The Europe one will have these;

- Fire Emblem Awakening (two days from release, detailing one free DLC pack)
- Animal Crossing New Leaf
- Lego City Undercover: TCB
- Etrian Odyssey IV
- The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons VC

Everything else? Dunno.

Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can You Stay Focused?

It got delayed...does anyone care for it =/?

Yes! I'll be able to watch it this time. I don't have a Wii U yet so I'm fine with this. I'm guessing Animal Crossing and Mario & Luigi info. Hoping for a megaton though (like always). Guess we'll see.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Like, they could spend 15 minutes talking about how to dig holes in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, then 14 minutes worth of Donkey Kong 3DS footage showing identical levels to the Wii version. And then finish with a minute long sizzle reel announcing Zelda 3DS, Metroid Dread, Half-Life 3, and Mirror's Edge 2.

Remember, it's like they did on January. For quite a lot of time during that Direct, we've been trolled, but then...X came. We came.

zroid

Banned
Perhaps we will now start to see the fruits of Nintendo's efforts to pick up third party games for localization

Frodo

I'm guessing that Nintendo's logic is to try and counterbalance the excitement of the new announcements by reminding everyone that they still exist. If they only spent two minutes on existing stuff and 13 minutes on new stuff, everyone would completely forget the existing stuff.

Makes sense. But I like to think they do this on purpose just to secretly laugh at us...

Frolow

Banned
Miiverse 3DS information.
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D details on the new content.
Animal Crossing New Leaf details on the new English-exlusive feature.
Mario and Luigi Dream Team trailer and release date.
Localization announcements (BD, DQ7, etc.)

That what I'm guessing. Would be nice to see something huge like Zelda 3DS announced here, but they'd be stupid not to save their biggest games for E3.

That what I'm guessing. Would be nice to see something huge like Zelda 3DS announced here, but they'd be stupid not to save their biggest games for E3.

Zelda 3DS for NDs and Big Zelda for WiiU in E3.

I have a feeling that Nintendo will make E3 all about the Wii U...you know..the console they really need to focus on right now.

JavyOO7

Oh yeah, it would be pretty good to have announced that Grezzo is working on Majora's Mask 3DS. IMO, best Zelda. I really love the story... an update similar to how OOT 3DS got would be beast like.

Forkball

More 3DS goodness, bow down to the king peasants. I doubt there will be a major game reveal this close to E3, but you never know.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's a colours update.

Swapnote got a colour based update.
Folders will get new colours.
They'll be releasing new 3DS colours worldwide*

*excluding the Americas

Frolow

Banned
I have a feeling that Nintendo will make E3 all about the Wii U...you know..the console they really need to focus on right now.
I'm sure the majority of the show will be about the Wii U, but they can't completely ignore the 3DS. They could easily give the 3DS it's own mini-conference again if they need to focus on the Wii U that much.

Funny, it was a couple hours ago that I was thinking we're way overdue for one. But still, my hype will only really go up when it's also announced for Japan.

Oh, I forgot about that. Okay, my hype is up a little.

1. 3DS announcements at the worldwide, EPIC Nintendo direct

2. All-day press event showcasing all sorts of gameplay from the new announcements

3. Wii U Nintendo Direct on April 24th announcing the titles they'll show off at E3

4. Showcase the Wii U games they announced at the ND with release dates

A Nintendo Direct announced TWO DAYS EARLY?!

Well, they may announce still a Japan ND in the next few hours, and that would account for the unusual timing, since in Japan right now I gather it's night and they may want to issue official statements in daytime.

Not saying this is going to happen, it would be the best possible scenario, still it may be a possibility.

Yonafunu

I'm sure the majority of the show will be about the Wii U, but they can't completely ignore the 3DS. They could easily give the 3DS it's own mini-conference again if they need to focus on the Wii U that much.

Well, they're doing it with the Wii U, so...

JoeM86

1. 3DS announcements at the worldwide, EPIC Nintendo direct

2. All-day press event showcasing all sorts of gameplay from the new announcements

3. Wii U Nintendo Direct on April 24th announcing the titles they'll show off at E3

4. Showcase the Wii U games they announced at E3 with release dates

They should save a few of the big games for the E3 announcement, just so people can be amazed.

I personally am a bit tired of all the announcements for E3 etc. actually being known beforehand. Last year, on all conferences, it was just essentially confirming stuff that had been leaked/hinted/teased for months before

Randdalf

Even just a Prime trilogy port would be fine. You could probably fit the first two onto a single big cart and you don't need a second analog stick.

I would buy this.

I'm hoping for more Mario Golf news, watching the Masters has made me want to pull out Toadstool Tour and play that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Remember, it's like they did on January. For quite a lot of time during that Direct, we've been trolled, but then...X came. We came.

Indeed, I just don't like to get excited about it :p. I love Nintendo Directs, but I've also felt Nintendo's handling of them has been very mixed. Some great, some totally absurd with a lot of time wasted on trivial shit. Shit I'm not sure the people they are talking to are actually watching.

I mean, this is the same company that had two underwhelming E3s, dedicated to their entirely new home console, in a row. Then oh hey guys Bayonetta 2 via an internet stream. I've long since stopped trying to predict how this company operates with their announcements, so I'll be happy to just take what I get.

What I'm saying is a new Metroid for 3DS would be very welcome.

Flamfas

We already know 3 of them, 4 if you count Pikmin since it STILL has no date.

I'd much rather they keep their mouths shut on new games until E3 but give us dates and info about announced games at a direct before hand

They should save a few of the big games for the E3 announcement, just so people can be amazed.

I personally am a bit tired of all the announcements before E3 etc. actually being known beforehand. Last year, on all conferences, it was just essentially confirming stuff that had been leaked/hinted/teased for months before

Well, Nintendo may save E3 to prioritize a relaunch of the Wii U along with the 3D Mario / Mario Kart gameplay demos, etc.

Effect

I'm assuming Nintendo is planning for a full on relaunch after E3. That would explain the game delays and near silence from Nintendo.

Looking more like that. Which I wouldn't have a problem with if they would just toss us something. If that is the case then that makes my Wii U retail purchasing very easy as I want my next retail game to be from Nintendo after buying my fair share of third party games (Lego, NG3, AC3, ZombiU, and Monster Hunter). Until then I'll try to give the eShop more attention but I really want to play something other then another platformer.

Top Bottom