• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 17th April - 3 PM UK/10 AM EST

Coolwhip

Banned
Is Miiverse even possible on the 4x4 resolution 3DS screen? Nintendo should have used a much higher res screen :/ As time goes on its stupidly low.

While I disliked Nintendo's E3 conference last year, I think making the Wonderful 101 reveal a SpikeTV exclusive was probably better for it.

You only need to look at the reveal thread to see how many people were ready and willing to laugh that game out of the park. Having a bunch of footage, people playing the game, and explanations reiterating over and over "Yes, this is Kamiya and Inaba, yes Kamiya is directing, etc." did a lot to calm people down.

There were people losing their heads that Nintendo was making Platinum produce shovelware just to say they had a Platinum game. Letting that sink in over time probably blunted the reaction instead of how heated it could have gotten during the weirdly emotionally volatile tinderbox of an E3 conference. Plus, none of the press would have actually written about it, dismissing it as another wacky-Japanesey game from wacky-Japanesey developers and only pay obligatory lip service to its existence.

Mind you, I don't think it was intentional, just that it probably worked out better. Knowing Nintendo, they didn't put it there because it didn't have a name yet.

Is Miiverse even possible on the 4x4 resolution 3DS screen? Nintendo should have used a much higher res screen :/ As time goes on its stupidly low.

Well it's planned, so I assume so. Don't know why a low res screen would be an issue, it's going to be tailored to the system presumably.

GSR

250px-Professor_Layton_VS_Phoenix_Wright.png

Localization news, finally. Believe.

Also possible, especially if they're hoping to get that and Azran Legacies out in the next year-year and a half.

At this point though it seems a little more likely they'll just wait for E3.

Asimov

Banned
Miiverse, messaging system and true multitasking, please.

I just want to be able to send messages to my contacts without quitting the game. Swapnote is nice, but it is not a proper communication tool.

Anth0ny

Not expecting anything new. They announced enough shit at the last 3DS Direct. Hoping for some localization announcements/dates at least.

They're going to wait for E3 to announce any new games, like a Zelda 3DS.

Sendou

They're going to wait for E3 to announce any new games, like a Zelda 3DS.

After last year where they had a separate conference for 3DS at E3 yet didn't have a single new game for the machine I think I'm going to bet for Directs as far as the new game announcements go.

Anth0ny

After last year where they had a separate conference for 3DS at E3 yet didn't have a single new game for the machine I think I'm going to bet for Directs as far as the new game announcements go.

I'd like to believe last year was an awful anomaly and they've learned their lesson.

I'd like to think that...

Laffer

My bet is that Japan will announce theirs too and they will be about Miiverse in 3DS. I don't know what else it could be since all the 3DS games for the upcoming months are already announced or with release dates.

They better end this Direct saying something like: "Expect another Wii U centered ND in a few days".
Please

Sendou

My bet is that Japan will announce theirs too and they will be about Miiverse in 3DS. I don't know what else it could be since all the 3DS games for the upcoming months are already announced or with release dates.

They better end this Direct saying something like: "Expect Wii U relaunch in a few months".
Please

More likely.

sakipon

Is it too early to have information on Project Mirai's sequel?

Miiverse is all I really need right now, though.

upandaway

One more Direct, one more watching Direct at work. Oh well.

I wonder how they'll handle it, given E3. The only thing I can think of that is better off at Directs than E3 is a software update.. but that can't be it.

DarkWish

People need to stop expecting Miiverse for 3DS at this Nintendo Direct, it's not gonna happen. Nintendo has repeatedly said that the smartphone app (a web app I believe) will come first and Miiverse on 3DS is still a ways away.

Semajer

UK 3DS direct? I already know what it says.

"Hello, this 3DS direct is to inform you that Fire Emblem: Awakening is out this Friday. Unless you've ordered from shopto in which case it has already arrived, and you are playing it."

this is gonna be my reward for studying extra hard for my accounting test that is at 9 AM EST on wednesday...

get an A on that thing // give nintendo an A for delivering the hype

Seda

UK 3DS direct? I already know what it says.

"Hello, this 3DS direct is to inform you that Fire Emblem: Awakening is out this Friday. Unless you've ordered from shopto in which case it has already arrived, and you are playing it."

NoA has one concurrently, and apparently there's a press event that day as well for 3DS.

mclem

Was it not this guy from IGN who told us a interesting Wii U news regarding Rayman Legends? If yes, then my hype has literally died.

He did also tout "interesting 3DS news" which ended up being the thoroughly unexpected localisation of Project X Zone. I'd say it's one-all.

Top Bottom