• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 3rd Party Publisher Games (2014.7.11)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Cool!

But I hooe the next general ww Direct won't make us wait too much.

Still, I think we'll get a Zelda Musou Direct first, and that should be WW.

As Zelda Musou is launching in August in Japan, I think we will get a normal (bimonthly) just before that and with a focus on the game.

It will probably feature Gunvolt since it's airing so close to the game's release date.

I wonder if the red and black motif means anything.

Katsuragi

Having just finished Etrian Odyssey Untold, I'm ready for more information about the next entry in the series! I'd also love to finally learn more about Bravely Second. Lastly, I think it's about time that Square Enix shows us a trailer for Final Fantasy Explorers. Bring it on, Nintendo Direct!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
As Zelda Musou is launching in August in Japan, I think we will get a normal (bimonthly) just before that and with a focus on the game.

Since April, we got Smash Bros. Direct, Tomodachi Direct, Mario Kart 8 Direct, Yokai Watch 2 Direct. It seems one of the new guidelines for Directs is to have not just more personlality/entertainment in them, but also more streamings for specific games.

By the way, Yokai Watch 2 continued the new tradition of Directs being less formal and more entertaining by having the game characters themselves doing the show, with Hino cameos here and there. Quite interested to see how this one will fare, especially since it's a more general Direct.

mclem

Also since Youkai Watch 2 was released today Level 5 should be announcing Youkai Watch 3 any moment now!

Wondering what the planned timescale is for amiibo on 3DS, because I'm thinking they'd be fools to not explore Youkai Watch amiibos.

trinest

Awww third party, I wanted Nintendo to show MM.

Maybe Konami might make games again. I want my Lost in Blue 3DS.

Eolz

They'll unveil what the version 8.0 of the 3DS actually does apart from stability.
plus surprise collaborations, and the usual stuff

MrT-Tar

Are there any updates on that 3DS RPG made by Monolith Soft? I almost forgot about it.

I'm pretty sure artwork was just for promotional/recruitment purposes.

That said, I don't think Monolith's Project X Zone team has done anything since 2012, so we could see a Namco published game soon. Maybe Super Robot Taisen or DBZ?

Doczu

Gold Member
There isn't any 3DS RPG that we know of being worked on by Monolith Soft.

Ok, so maybe i'm wrong, but wasn't there some art piece shown at a Nin Direct telling that some jap developer was working on a game for the 3DS? I'm almost 100% positive it was a painting of a wood, or at least a big trea. Can someone confirm what i'm talking about?

Sakura

Japanese 3DS users just yesterday received a Mii Plaza Streetpass Puzzle update, which was a Megaman puzzle panel (very unusual, first third party panel?).

New Megaman 3DS came co developed/funded by Nintendo incoming? Would help with Smash Broa visibility too.

Maybe Megaman Legends 3 back from the dead?

random25

Japanese 3DS users just yesterday received a Mii Plaza Streetpass Puzzle update, which was a Megaman puzzle panel (very unusual, first third party panel?).

New Megaman 3DS came co developed/funded by Nintendo incoming? Would help with Smash Broa visibility too.

atop.gif

Can't see it being Japan only but if it is, here's hoping there are some games worth importing shown. FF Explorers info/trailer would be great.

If it is Western too, Yokai Watch and DQ VII (and X lol) localisation announcements would be lovely.

Foffy

Banned
Are there any updates on that 3DS RPG made by Monolith Soft? I almost forgot about it.

Wasn't this only concept art? I don't think a game is actively in development.

They're not 3rd party.

What's strange is despite being first party, like Brownie Brown/1-Up Studio, they've actually made games for third parties as a first party studio. Project X Zone is a perfect example of this, whereas 1-Up did the same with Mana, Blue Dragon, and Fantasy Life.

I wonder if Iwata will be there or not. I'm not sure when he went into surgery or when he got/or will get out and be recovered enough to reappear, I'm kinda curious to know what his opinion is of the get well card we sent him.

Tu101uk

I'm surprised no-one's said Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire yet. I know that they occasionally do Pokemon-specific directs but I'm expecting (hoping) that we see more footage and more features in this one.

Otherwise, what's this about MegaMan? :O

Edit:
It was pretty strange that there were almost no new 3DS announcements at E3. I'm glad we're seeing something.

And since it's a Direct... NEW SMASH CHARACTER CONFIRMED
Yeah that is a point, something new for Smash Bros would be ace...

Forkball

It was pretty strange that there were almost no new 3DS announcements at E3. I'm glad we're seeing something.

And since it's a Direct... NEW SMASH CHARACTER CONFIRMED

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm not sure about NOE, but NOA usually announces their Direct at 9am.

Let's hope you are right.
the main issue is that 3DS third party developments/releases in the West are so shifted/delayed compared to Japan that it would be hard to create the same Direct video streaming for all the markets

I'm surprised no-one's said Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire yet. I know that they occasionally do Pokemon-specific directs but I'm expecting (hoping) that we see more footage and more features.

We could argue about the developer not being a proper first party team, but are we implying that Pokemon is a third party IP now? :\

danielcw

and Japan-only (for now?). Will be live at 8PM JST on July 11.

Time :

Europe : 1PM
UK : 12PM
USA (East Coast) : 7AM
USA (West Coast) : 4AM
Japan : 8PM

So that I understand it correctly,
it is a Japan only direct, and those are just the local times in other timezones, right?

Top Bottom