• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: Big Announcement on Monday

crinale

Seriously though I think it is something "big" for Western market, given that NoJ isn't hyping it up.. maybe account related?

dickroach

where I live it is Monday and there is no giant announcement yet? I'm getting off the hype train and crawling under it.

Poor Nintendo, if nothing happens or they casually announce something that isn't a big deal, they'll get blamed for this instead of a guy who said it was a big deal.

Nanashrew

Banned
Their expectations, their problem. No need to protect them from themselves, we're all big kids here.

It's more that it's super annoying to see someone act like a company killed their dog because they tried to analyze a shirt and got nothing from it.

It does become hilarious when it's used against people though like when Nibel trolled everyone over a "we can dig it" Retro tweet when he dug up a Donkey Kong fansite that used the same phrase. Everyone was so blind they didn't even look at the URL in the screenshot, they went absolutely historical all night long.

Obviously it's the Metroid announcement...

Right?

I wish one of these events would come out with what Retro Studios is working on. *sigh*

Seriously though, hope its an accounts update or NX related.

Nintendo FoxConn, next Iphone gonna be produced by Nintendo!

In other news, it will probably be the date for the Smash direct and maybe a game inbetween? Minecraft?

Guys, it won't be anything "big" like an date for the NX reveal or stuff like that. Otherwise you would've heard something from Nintendo or some other people from the industry.
In the best case we get an date for the Smash Bros Direct or Minecraft U. But most likely it won't be even that "big".

I don't understand why they would hype this. This is kind of weird. If its a small announcement, they look dumb. If its a huge announcement...why not just come out with the announcement instead of the hype for the announcement? People will pay attention to their social media when things are announced regardless.

As such, I firmly re-state that this is very weird and likely to be an equally weird announcement.

watershed

Banned
I want to be on record saying this will end up disappointing most people because some NOA guy used the word "big." I think it's going to be an announcement of some download title or something that is a nice surprise but nothing more.

Well its Monday in the UK and I am at work but dont see any such announcement.

What pleb* said there would be one, was it actually a reliable source??

*Your not really a pleb, dont cry.

NateDrake

I don't understand why they would hype this. This is kind of weird. If its a small announcement, they look dumb. If its a huge announcement...why not just come out with the announcement instead of the hype for the announcement? People will pay attention to their social media when things are announced regardless.

As such, I firmly re-state that this is very weird and likely to be an equally weird announcement.

Who hyped it? One guy from NoA said something about it. Nintendo as a company didn't hype this at all.

Zalman

Who hyped it? One guy from NoA said something about it. Nintendo as a company didn't hype this at all.
This. If anything it's the internet hyping this up. It's not supposed to be anything major if Nintendo as a company didn't say anything about it.

jariw

Guys, it won't be anything "big" like an date for the NX reveal or stuff like that. Otherwise you would've heard something from Nintendo or some other people from the industry.
In the best case we get an date for the Smash Bros Direct or Minecraft U. But most likely it won't be even that "big".

project_giant_robot.jpg

Project Guard is on hiatus because it turned out to be not really that fun. Project Giant Robot, on the other hand, is featured on every investors meeting.
Wait, really? I don't think I've ever seen any positive impressions of Giant Robot, while I thought Guard was incorporated into Star Fox or something. I assumed both were just tech demos.

Top Bottom