• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: Big Announcement on Monday

jeffers

I know but it will have little to no impact on sales of the console.

You can get the game on mobile/ipad and all other consoles
It's about selling software to all the current owners. Not everything has to go back to console sales.

Plus with the gamepad this could be a very good version. Can see it selling well (but then minecraft does never stop selling)

jariw

I know but it will have little to no impact on sales of the console.

You can get the game on mobile/ipad and all other consoles

Every kid knows that the PC, PE and Console versions are different beasts and are used for different things. Although my kids spends huge amount of time mainly with the PC version (they have other versions as well), they want a Wii U version.

A well-implemented Wii U version (good Gamepad editing, amiibo skins, same multiplayer as other consoles, separate co-op on Gamepad, off-TV play, etc) would be huge.

MrV4ltor

Now that I've actually listened to part of the podcast, it's definitely an indie game coming out early 2016. So Minecraft Wii U.

Andyliini

Gold Member
Best case scenario is that they just drop a Mini-direct on YouTube, which you can watch right away.

Probably won't happen though, but if it's indeed Minecraft, I'm OK by it. The game doesn't interest me at all, but more the merrier.

MAtgS

Minecraft with amiibo support. Scan your amiibo & unlock a character skin.

Fuck it, I might just actually play some Minecraft if that happens.

georly

My four guesses in order of probability:

1. Humble Nindie Bundle 2
2. Nintendo Account details + timeframe
3. "Nintendo Account live now in NA"
4. Minecraft Wii U.

Anyone expecting a huge reveal like Metroid or NX info just has not been alive long enough to know that NCL does those reveals first. That's why it's a huge deal when that when Nintendo Directs are announced, people wait for Japan to get one to get hyped.

Oh wow, I like how you think. Humble nindie bundle 2 would really be huge. Good call. I like that idea a lot.

scamander

Banned
and an exclusive Amiibo that will only be packed with each Xbox One.

Please, listen carefully next time! There'll be six TLoZ x FFVII crossover amiibo and each one of them unlocks one specific chapter of both games under the condition, you bought the respective game license for $99 (or $189 if bought together).

Putosaure

My four guesses in order of probability:

1. Humble Nindie Bundle 2
2. Nintendo Account details + timeframe
3. "Nintendo Account live now in NA"
4. Minecraft Wii U.

Anyone expecting a huge reveal like Metroid or NX info just has not been alive long enough to know that NCL does those reveals first. That's why it's a huge deal when that when Nintendo Directs are announced, people wait for Japan to get one to get hyped.

5. Delayed to next monday

LewieP

Obviously it's not NX related, unless it's the announcement of the NX reveal conference's date.

Yeah, wouldn't make sense to talk about the NX immediately prior to Christmas, imo. Has to either be a general Nintendo thing (licensed movie or something?), or connected to a piece of hardware that is currently on the market.

marmoka

Banned
Imagine it's just something stupid just because today is Kirby's anniversary.

Nintendo would swin in our tears once more.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
At first I was hesitant to get hopes up but with all the maintenance scheduled I lean toward the announcement being something Club Nintendo related.

I'm thinking we'll see this either at 9AM or at 12PM EST, so in 2 hours for the former or 5 hours for the latter.

He said it was early morning in his time?

Top Bottom