• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo & DeNA's First Mobile Game Reveal Coming "Soon", "Expect the Unexpected"

The person in charge of the DeNA project is the previous head of Mario Kart. Which happens to be a game that would work well on mobile using tilt-to-steer...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If Serkan Toto already knows some of the details, it probably means that it'll be announced soon, maybe through a press conference for Japanese press? And Serkan's been invited?

Mario Paint: Canvas Crush

Paint, create animations, draw and send animations for your friends to interact with on their phone, upload to YouTube

AdanVC

I'm thinking they'll want to leverage their main mascot, Mario, but in a completely unexpected genre (for the series) appropriate for phones.

I think it's also possible that we get a Smash/Nintendo Land-esque game in the sense that it will celebrate all Nitnendo's IPs. Maybe it's a puzzler. Nintendo could also start with the base game featuring a new mascot (a character that's a host, reminiscent of Nintendo Land's Monita), to establish their smartphone efforts as something unique. And then gradually make an event of each time they add a classic mascot to the game.

Day one - base game w/ new mascot, Mario and advertisement of characters to come. Week two - Mario's friends. Week three - Link. Week four - Pikachu. And so on. The game would definitely stay trending.

This would be awesome actually!

I can't wait for the mainstream media headlines "Nintendo's first mobile game a first step in their exit from hardware."

Sad but true. But hey, at least I'm sure is going to have lot's of noise through mainstream tech media once the game comes out since it's going to be Nintendo's very first mobile game.

I gotta admit I'd love to see a Nintendo developed Spanish Inquisition game, and it could work well on mobile, especially with the free-to-start philosophy.

Banned
Eek that means it's gonna be a AAA franchise mainline game. Here comes that 2D Metroid we've all been waiting for....on iOS and android.

;)

It's going to be something not meant for the audience of this board, and we will still freak out about it anyway.

I guess nearly every one of us is playing something on their smartphone and a lot of us love Nintendo. So it is meant for us too or am I wrong?

I'm really curious when they will reveal it...maybe on monday?

Arkeband

Banned
I gotta admit I'd love to see a Nintendo developed Spanish Inquisition game, and it could work well on mobile, especially with the free-to-start philosophy.

+im+sitting+here+in+the+portland+airport+with+my+_0d304808a6653a5d78af343a79f5166a.gif

Broritos

I would actually be upset if it's F-Zero.

F-Zero was always at the forefront of tech. Excluding handheld versions of course. A smartphone F-Zero would probably rule out a 3DS or NX F-Zero is being made.

TheJoRu

I'll second some notions here and say it's gonna be Nintendogs. That wouldn't be completely unexpected, but I think most are banking hard on this being Mario, so for those people it would be.

Meohsix

It's going to be a alttp style Zelda game. With the option to spend irl money to upgrade your weapons. If you die you have to wait hours for your hearts to refresh (or you can buy a heart pak for .99) daily quests from the towns NPC's (find the 7 Cuccos, kill 10 deku scrubs, collect 100 rupees, etc...) to earn customization points (which you can also spend irl money on) to change how link looks. (A big feature in our new Zelda 3ds game, pre order today!) with new items / dungeons / costumes being added periodically.

A F2P online collectable card game featuring Nintendo characters ala Hearthstone please. Or they could just localise the Fire Emblem Cipher card game.

Arkeband

Banned
It's going to be a alttp style Zelda game. With the option to spend irl money to upgrade your weapons. If you die you have to wait hours for your hearts to refresh (or you can buy a heart pak for .99) daily quests from the towns NPC's (find the 7 Cuccos, kill 10 deku scrubs, collect 100 rupees, etc...) to earn customization points (which you can also spend irl money on) to change how link looks. (A big feature in our new Zelda 3ds game, pre order today!) with new items / dungeons / costumes being added periodically.

Funny story, this was (or is) basically Graal Online.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
The person in charge of the DeNA project is the previous head of Mario Kart. Which happens to be a game that would work well on mobile using tilt-to-steer...

You are murdering that translation there. Hideki Konno and Production Group No. 1 are leading Nintendo's development on Mobile. Just like they lead the development on the 3DS. There is a good chance Nintendogs will show up because that's the IP they handle alongside Mario Kart.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Very curious - but more interested in the "fall" launch of the new membership program

I believe that they would arrive around the same time, since I thought that Nintendo presented it as something that encompasses all of their platforms and was part of their partnership with DeNA. Since Club Nintendo finally closed around the world and autumn just began, it's not surprising to me that we got this tweet now.

This would be awesome actually!

Anecdotal, but... The way I see Amiibo generating interest in Nintendo mascots beyond the core fans of the company, and lapsed Pokemon fans being some of the most hyped people over Pokemon Go, I can see this hypothetical game capturing back love from past fans of a swath of Nintendo IP and acquainting those that are unfamiliar with many Nintendo characters. And the "whales" can be people who gain/regain fondness for Link and decide that they want to buy dedicated Nintendo hardware and a standalone Zelda game (among the likely microtransactions).

Lunar15

I would actually be upset if it's F-Zero.

F-Zero was always at the forefront of tech. Excluding handheld versions of course. A smartphone F-Zero would probably rule out a 3DS or NX F-Zero is being made.

Hey look buddy, if it takes a mobile game to spark interest, I'll fucking take it.

Smash Bros, ability to use your existing amiibo collection to unlock characters for 24 hour periods per NFC swipe. Otherwise you have a base roster of four characters and two stages, while more of each can be purchased with that sweet cash money.

I don't care for SSB, so it wouldn't matter to me, but I could see it being a huge success financially. Most phones are capable of running Melee or Brawl levels of visuals and you could get a bluetooth controller to play it right :)

Top Bottom