• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo & DeNA's First Mobile Game Reveal Coming "Soon", "Expect the Unexpected"

Griss

What I want: Advance Wars iOS with no microtransactions
What it will be: A puzzle game from a small IP like Pullblox, stuffed with microtrans

Red Devil

What about Animal Crossing?
The IP would work on mobile and is big right now.
It can also work as advertisement for Happy Home Designer

Sure, but what does "the IP would work on mobile" mean? Releasing a fully fledged AC game to advertise a spin-off on 3DS? What kind of game would it be?

spectator

What about Animal Crossing?
The IP would work on mobile and is big right now.
It can also work as advertisement for Happy Home Designer

I would love this. I gave up on Animal Crossing because appointment-gaming on a home console doesn't work with my schedule. On my phone, though? Bring it on!

Sterok

The trick here is to make something that's appealing to the mobile base without sacrificing anything that can still sell a 3DS. For that reason I don't expect any Animal Crossing stuff soon. Eventually, but not right away. Mario is only a system seller for his 3 main genres, so other stuff can go on mobile fine. But I expect Nintendogs because a) it fits mobile so well (take care of your virtual pet on the go) and b) it didn't do very well on the 3DS, so mobile Nintendogs is unlikely to affect their dedicated hardware.

okaygeraldo

Neo Member
an Animal Crossing RPG with optional Gatcha system like Puzzle & Dragons/Monster Strike. Maybe include promo codes for Happy Home Designer or something like that for beating things in the game (?)

AdanVC

utter sad nobody as asked for a chibi robo mobile game.

chibi robo a-go-go. an exciting rythm game where you tap depending on the rythm of a song from your itunes playlist while chibi robo dances in the background. $4.99

Neoxon

utter sad nobody as asked for a chibi robo mobile game.

chibi robo a-go-go. an exciting rythm game where you tap depending on the rythm of a song from your itunes playlist while chibi robo dances in the background. $4.99
Or even better, Rhythm Heaven mini-games on iOS/Android.

Broritos

Hey look buddy, if it takes a mobile game to spark interest, I'll fucking take it.

Fucking no. I'd rather take nothing.

Interest in a mobile version won't guarantee a real F-Zero game to be made in the future.

It's a difference audience. Chances are this new mobile game is a new IP all together.

Lunar15

Interest in a mobile version won't guarantee a real F-Zero game to be made in the future.

It's a difference audience. Chances are this new mobile game is a new IP all together.

I'm a delusional, starved F-Zero fan, so I can't guarantee that anything I say is going to make sense

The thing that we could actually bet on is whether it will be F2P or F2S. Nintendo seemed to be pretty insistent on the Fullblox/Stretchmo-like implementation when the deal was announced, but they could have changed their heart about it.

What I want: Advance Wars iOS with no microtransactions
What it will be: A puzzle game from a small IP like Pullblox, stuffed with microtrans
One of the things Nintendo was looking for is to get their IPs out there so people would get attached to them. A way to introduce fans to Nintendo.
Advance Wars and Pullblox are both small franchises, and stuffing it with microtransactions would go against what Iwata said and the whole point of this venture

Swamped

Banned
Intriguing! I'll keep an eye out, kind of curious about which direction they're going to take this whole thing in.

Neoxon

The trick here is to make something that's appealing to the mobile base without sacrificing anything that can still sell a 3DS. For that reason I don't expect any Animal Crossing stuff soon. Eventually, but not right away. Mario is only a system seller for his 3 main genres, so other stuff can go on mobile fine. But I expect Nintendogs because a) it fits mobile so well (take care of your virtual pet on the go) and b) it didn't do very well on the 3DS, so mobile Nintendogs is unlikely to affect their dedicated hardware.
The 3DS is on its way out, anyway. Though then there's the NX Handheld to consider.

Roo

Why not? I think it's actually pretty likely to be heavily Mario related, because the whole point is to capitalize on their IP.

That would be the lamest, safest and most predictable thing they could do
It's probably Mario related so whatever.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
An editor for Mario Maker? Isn't that redundant? I clearly don't get what you mean by that.

JESUS really?! sit on the train and make your mario levels on the go and upload them. Owners of the game can play/finish said levels. It's free (in the thing I am imagining).

As far as I know, you can't hook up your wii on the train without much difficulty, so no it's not redundant.

Unless I'm taking crazy pills Nintendo and DeNA are partnering to investigate mobile gaming. which means iphone/ipad/android/windows(lol) devices mainly. If I have that right then a level designer for mario maker which skips out the actual playing of said game as the hook to push people toward their gaming platform seems like a no brainer to me.

But part of the level construction process requires you to play the levels to prove they can be completed...

indeed. In my design process, which was taking a shit while typing on a mobile, I didn't hash that all out real good. However, if nintendo had a non laughable login system, I think you could do the bulk of the work on a tablet and then save your level. playtesting could be done on your cloud saved levels later.

Seriously, if they did Nintendogs, we'd be in the poorhouse from my wife spending too much money on DLC to spoil her fake dog. (joking)

It would still be really cool though. Nintendogs would sell dlc like crazy.

Oersted

Going for a difference audience on a different plattform is very fine by me.

Broritos

I'm a delusional, starved F-Zero fan, so I can't guarantee that anything I say is going to make sense

I bought an unopened Gamecube Logitech Steering Wheel for $120 just so I can replay the entirety of F-Zero GX with a wheel. I have never played it with a wheel before and the Logitech Wheel is the only wheel F-Zero GX supports.

I feel you man.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So many ideas for games that would just play terrible on mobile or would undermine the existing big selling games. Ffs, just because you love a franchise doesn't mean it has to become some ugly mutation of itself for the sake of being in the spotlights.

Top Bottom