• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

Best thing was a Kirby game.

Shaking my head Nitendo.

Someone needs to throw Tanabe some art lessons with Art Academy, maybe he will undertand why the artstyle he wants to defend is so horrible for Metroid and and his super long dev time game is going to bomb like if there was not tomorrow.

Poor Next Level.

GWX

I think debuted in Amazing Mirror (Master hand was also one of the bosses). Was pretty useful having cutter, stone and hammer as one for opening up paths in the world.

Oh, I wasn't aware, as I didn't play that one (it's the Metroid-like one, right?).

blamite

• Virtual Console
  • a bunch of JRPGs
  • some localizations of weird Japanese games (#FE, Soliti Horse)
  • NOT Mother 3 somehow???????

Shibalan

Goddamnit, I finally reached the "I'm done with Nintendo, they do the same shit over and over" phase.

My innocence is lost.

Espada

Only thing I really cared about was Kirby: Planet Robobot because I love Triple Deluxe, and this game looks like a continuation of that game's experience.

Man, Nintendo must be aching to reveal the NX already. The 3DS and Wii U are running on fumes at the moment.

Alebrije

Will watch this image to pretend this Direc had any worth

The-Legend-Of-Zelda-Wii-U-wallpaper-01.jpg

AdanVC

There it is. Glad I wasn't hyped this time. One of the weakest Directs in a while. Probably because we already knew most of the content due to leaks, heh. At least Rythm and Heaven is coming that's the important <3

Overall I though it was a pretty average direct.

That said, did anyone else notice a severe lack of "launching Q3/4" games? With one or two exceptions, everything seemed to be Summer-Period.

Makes me think something else might be coming in time for Christmas...hmm.....

Next Level Games are going to get the heat they don't deserve just because they're developing this.

So, the concept behind the game is actually a good idea. Space Pirates vs. Federation. The game looks like garbage though. Tanabe should be blamed of course, but Next Level are still the one's making the game.

Galang

Banned
I've said it before... but on Zelda, they really might as well wait until E3 for a full blow out at this point. E3 isn't even that far off

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
New 3DS SNES VC: I wish their account system didn't suck so I wouldn't need to buy another copy of games I already bought on Wii U and Wii and SNES.

I wish that there was at least a discount for already owning them, but it's better than nothing, I suppose. Hopefully this won't be a problem on the NX.

I hope NA at least got news about SMT IV Final. Nothing in Europe.

Nope, none in NA either. Hopefully there's news by E3.

JTripper

Can someone post a quick summary? I'm arriving late to this.

Acknowledging the end of the Wii U/3DS era by pushing out their remaining games by this summer, thus making room for the New Nintendo this fall when the NX makes its (hopefully) majestic entrance.

Nothing on the new Zelda.

Mr. Doop

mpKZg.png

I've seen a lot of really crappy directs over the past couple of years, but that was without a doubt one of the worst. I expected at least one thing that looked someone interesting, but that was just awful. Rhythm heaven looks cool I guess.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Shit ton of rad games on both systems. I'm going to get pretty much everything... except Federation Force.

Omzz

I never get the "trash direct" comments. It's just a info dump for future games. People expect hype levels of announcements so there will always be a crowd of people disappointed

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That 3DS lineup for this year is really, really good.

ChrisD

Now everyone is buttmad

Maybe it's because of the leaks tempering my expectations, but I'm not seeing how people are getting mad. E3 is in three months, and this was only showing games up to summer. Was pretty good with that in mind. Imo, anyways.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Man, the NX reveal had better have some amazing games because I am getting really tired of these B & C team creatively bankrupt games they are dumping out at this point.

The reason we are getting all these outsourced spinoffs is because all the top teams are working on NX and have been for at least 2 years. EAD Tokyo, Retro, etc went dark a long time ago.

Federation Force looked a lot better but the chibi style will never look right, the environments look good but the bobbleheads ruin it. When you look at the graphics of Monster Hunter X, it's hard to swallow. A Metroid game shouldn't look so ugly.

Brofield

StarFox does look promising in the end, and Pokken looks great.

I'm optimistic for Paper Mario, but that art style does not jive with me. It feels empty compared to Rogueport. I really hope those cards ain't anywhere near as boring as Sticker Star.

Griss

Only two things that held any interest for me were Rhythm Heaven and Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

At least we also got a Fire Emblem Fates release date finally, and the Mario Maker update looks great.

But overall, that's a lot of dull filler. They should have used this time to go experimental and try to breed new IPs. Instead it's going to be a wasted period of B-team filler software from B-class Nintendo IP.

Oh well.

Roll on NX.

I'm really happy about Rhythm Heaven, and the new Kirby game looks cool. Everything else was pretty disappointing though. Overall, probably the worst general Direct I've seen.

That new Paper Mario is extremely underwhelming. It doesn't look like they learned anything from all the negative feedback Sticker Star got.

Really happy with Rhythm Heaven localisation, Starfox and Fed Force are looking much better, I can't wait for #FE and I need that Waddle Dee Amiibo. Disappointed in Paper Mario but overall a good direct for me.

Top Bottom