• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2013

rjc571

Banned
Just beat the level using the Matryoshka doll. :p

It was hard, but it wasn't the circle pad that made it hard, it was the shape of the doll.

Just beat it too, after around an hour of trying.

It definitely would've been much easier if the joystick was more precise. You often have to make several extremely minute adjustments in succession in order to avoid running into anything, which is something that the circle pad just isn't capable of doing.

zroid

Banned
So wait, can you not use the gyro to control Kersploosh? I thought that would have been too obvious not to be an option.

L Thammy

Man, I hope Wii U VC moves a lot quicker than the Wii or 3DS one. There's some games I want to get on Wii's VC but there's a limit on the amount of space you can have in Wii mode or something.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Thanks DaBoss for the Canadian Chart, very appreciated. :D

I hope someone will post both 3DS and Wii U US Charts soon. Especially Wii U Charts, since they've basically almost never been posted so far.

At least, I'll certainly do my job!

3DS Italian Charts - as of March, 8th 2013 - around 09:20 GMT

Recent Releases
  1. Pokemon Dream Radar
  2. Splash or Crash
  3. Pokedex 3D Pro
  4. Gunman Clive
  5. PAC-MAN
  6. Super Mario Bros.
  7. 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure
  8. Plants vs. Zombies
  9. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  10. Nightsky
  11. UNO
  12. The "DENPA" MEN: They Came by Wave
  13. Bird Mania 3D
  14. Pop Island Paperfield
  15. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
  16. Super Mario 3D Land
  17. Pullblox
  18. Colors! 3D
  19. Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!
  20. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate

Castlevania is 13th in the 3DS Only Releases Chart, Nano Assault EX 17th.

Celine

I own the retail copy of Nano Assault and I enjoy it. Could someone tell me what is different in the EX version other than better graphics? How much better are the graphics, anyway?
I'm european so I never got to play the retail version and I can't comment on the "update graphic" statement.

The addition compared to the retail version are:
- Inverted axis in the "star fox" sections.
- CPP support for twin stick awesomeness.
- Survival mode addition.
- Boss Rush mode addition.

Thanks DaBoss for the Canadian Chart, very appreciated. :D

I hope someone will post both 3DS and Wii U US Charts soon. Especially Wii U Charts, since they've basically almost never been posted so far.

At least, I'll certainly do my job!

So, just go to the eshop and check the charts? Anything else? I should be able to do that every day if no one else wants to.

M3d10n

ATV Wild Ride runs at 30fps, not 60fps. Whoever started spreading the 60fps rumor needs to buy Mario Kart 7 and get their eyes checked.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Who can post 3DS and Wii U current titles charts (just current, no need for all software / 3DS/Wii U only software, those can be posted just once a week) in US right now?

Ah, beril: Gunman Clive has received over 100 ratings in Italy! To think I've been one of the first ones to rate it in my country XD

Yeah, tho the ratings on the italian eShop look like a goddamn joke to me, there never seem to be a game scoring below the four stars range. Also too bad Milestone isn't releasing WRC Powerslide for WiiU, would've been good to play 2P's couch multi where each player gets its own screen.

m0t0k1

bought it awhile ago and really dig it, lots of fun. Game-breaking bug that I encounter every time I play however (camera gets fouled up and impossible to watch the action), I should check if they've patched it or something because it really ruins the whole thing.

That is too bad to hear. Yeah it has gone live in europe yesterday, so i hoped they fixed the bug. The game looks fun but i put it down in priority now before trying to buy thanks.

cacildo

It is; it's how the game is able to keep the normal Mercs head count without turning the framerate into a slideshow.

So they turned enemies beyond 20 feet into slideshows instead!

Pretty funny way to make things work. It kind of makes it look like that bizarre version of Resident Evil 4 for an underpowered system (i forgot the name but we all remember the video, right?)

Even so, im loving this game.

rjc571

Banned
ATV Wild Ride runs at 30fps, not 60fps. Whoever started spreading the 60fps rumor needs to buy Mario Kart 7 and get their eyes checked.

Well fuck, now I feel like an idiot for buying it. I just booted it up and gave it a run, and you're right. The low framerate doesn't make it unplayable or anything, but how sad is it that they had to lower the framerate for a DS up-port?

ngower

Sakura Samurai is on sale for $5. It looks interesting enough, but is it enjoyable simply because it's challenging/reminiscent of Punch-Out? Basically, is this a game I should buy for enjoyment, or buy for a challenge? I don't want to get another eShop game that just frustrates me more than entertains me.

So, I guess I'm asking for testimonials on Sakura Samurai. Should I grab it for $5?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Sakura Samurai is on sale for $5. It looks interesting enough, but is it enjoyable simply because it's challenging/reminiscent of Punch-Out? Basically, is this a game I should buy for enjoyment, or buy for a challenge? I don't want to get another eShop game that just frustrates me more than entertains me.

So, I guess I'm asking for testimonials on Sakura Samurai. Should I grab it for $5?

It's very fun imo. The main game isn't overly challenging in the least, but there's also a hard mode where you don't get any more heart containers (if you decide you want to challenge yourself). It's not super long, but the gameplay is solid, the music is nice, the 3D effect is pretty decent, and it looks good as well. I replayed it months after I beat it the first time, and was surprised by how much I was enjoying it still. I think it's worth picking up at that price for sure.

One thing that's annoying though is that the game doesn't auto save, so keep that in mind if you do get it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I guess it depends on what you're expecting for $5. It has some okay presentation, although it's one of the games that kills my eyes with some of the 3D. It's incredibly repetitive too. Stages are basically kill room after kill room until you reach the end. It'll last a few hours at best, but any longer with the same mechanics might be even more annoying. Considering what you could buy for a few dollars more (Crash/Pushmo, VVVVVV, Mutant Mudds, MSF) there are better values. But if you have $5 to burn and don't go in expecting too much, you might be pleased.

GAF generally seems warmer to the title than me.

GAFers and reviewers like it. It's a nice $8 buy considering the online.

As much as you've hyped the game, you should get your name in the credits. :p

zigg

I loved it at full price, and (although I probably would like it) I never really played Punch-Out. $5 sounds like a really good deal to me. There's some good variety and the in-town minigames are fun too.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
As much as you've hyped the game, you should get your name in the credits. :p

That would violate my GAF integrity.
5v6XGRg.gif

But yeah it's awesome. <3

US 3DS eShop Charts (Recent Releases)--As of March 8, 2013 - 11:20 EST
1) Fire Emblem: Awakening
2) Pokemon: Dream Radar
3) Gunman Clive
4) Crashmo
5) Super Mario Bros.
6) Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
7) Pokedex 3D Pro
8) Mega Man 2
9) Etrian Odysset IV: LotT
10) Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels
11) 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure
12) The Legend of Zelda
13) Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
14) Cut the Rope
15) Photo Dojo
16) Plants Vs. Zombies
17) Kersploosh
18) Coaster Creator 3D
19) Colors! 3D
20) Metal Torrent

WiiU Recent Releases - March 8, 2013 - 11:30 EST
1) F Zero
2) Bit Trip Presents Runner 2: FLoRA
3) Mighty Switch Force HD
4) Nintendoland
5) The Cave
6) Trine 2
7) Nano Assault Neo
8) Puddle
9) Little Inferno
10) New Super Mario Bros. U
11) Assassins Creed III
12) ZombiU
13) Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
14) Scribblenauts Unlimited
15) Just Dance 4
16) Rabbids Land
17) Your Shape: Fitness Evolved
18) Funky Barn
19) ESPN Sports Connection
20) Chasing Aurora

Murrah

Banned

I got it when it was on sale last summer, and I really wouldn't recommend it at all, and that's coming from a huge Punch-Out fan. The game starts out fun enough, and it does have pretty good presentation values for a downloadable title, but you see pretty much all the tricks up the game's sleeve by the end of the first world, and it's just a repetitive slog after that

I mean, for five bucks I doubt you'd be mad, but there are way better games on the eShop; it's the only game I've got off of there so far that I regret purchasing

It has a lot of charm and the gameplay is very satisfying.

One of my favorite eshop games. I was surprised when Dillon got a sequel and not Sakura Samurai.
Would love a Sakura Space Samurai with laser swords because laser swords.

ngower

Thanks for all the input! I have $12, and I plan to pick up Mutant Mudds for $6 when it goes on sale. I was debating what to buy with the remaining bit of money, and Sakura Samurai seemed like a good bet. To be honest, none of the VC titles really stand out as something I'd want to buy right now. If only Minish Cap was available for purchase. :(

Hale-XF11

I got it when it was on sale last summer, and I really wouldn't recommend it at all, and that's coming from a huge Punch-Out fan. The game starts out fun enough, and it does have pretty good presentation values for a downloadable title, but you see pretty much all the tricks up the game's sleeve by the end of the first world, and it's just a repetitive slog after that

I mean, for five bucks I doubt you'd be mad, but there are way better games on the eShop; it's the only game I've got off of there so far that I regret purchasing

I stopped playing when I got to the 2nd boss and realized I needed to grind in order to beat him. Yuck, no thanks.

Thanks for all the input! I have $12, and I plan to pick up Mutant Mudds for $6 when it goes on sale. I was debating what to buy with the remaining bit of money, and Sakura Samurai seemed like a good bet. To be honest, none of the VC titles really stand out as something I'd want to buy right now. If only Minish Cap was available for purchase. :(

But you can buy the original NES Zelda. Please understand.

M3d10n

Well fuck, now I feel like an idiot for buying it. I just booted it up and gave it a run, and you're right. The low framerate doesn't make it unplayable or anything, but how sad is it that they had to lower the framerate for a DS up-port?

It seems the 3DS GPU is much harder to work with than the DS GPU.

The DS GPU was designed in a way that all devs had to worry about was making sure the number of on-screen vertices was under 4096, and the system even did the counting for you. It even had built-in translucent polygon sorting.

On the 3DS I'm certain you need to deal with most trappings of modern GPUs, like having to manage vertex buffers, minimizing render state changes, keeping overdraw at a minimum and what not. A DS->3DS up-port would certainly do many things that harm performance.

Mpl90

US 3DS eShop Charts (Recent Releases)--As of March 8, 2013 - 11:20 EST
1) Fire Emblem: Awakening
2) Pokemon: Dream Radar
3) Gunman Clive
4) Crashmo
5) Super Mario Bros.
6) Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
7) Pokedex 3D Pro
8) Mega Man 2
9) Etrian Odysset IV: LotT
10) Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels
11) 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure
12) The Legend of Zelda
13) Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
14) Cut the Rope
15) Photo Dojo
16) Plants Vs. Zombies
17) Kersploosh
18) Coaster Creator 3D
19) Colors! 3D
20) Metal Torrent

WiiU Recent Releases - March 8, 2013 - 11:30 EST
1) F Zero
2) Bit Trip Presents Runner 2: FLoRA
3) Mighty Switch Force HD
4) Nintendoland
5) The Cave
6) Trine 2
7) Nano Assault Neo
8) Puddle
9) Little Inferno
10) New Super Mario Bros. U
11) Assassins Creed III
12) ZombiU
13) Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
14) Scribblenauts Unlimited
15) Just Dance 4
16) Rabbids Land
17) Your Shape: Fitness Evolved
18) Funky Barn
19) ESPN Sports Connection
20) Chasing Aurora

Is Castlevania available on eShop like in Canada? It seems strange not seeing it in the top 20, but at the same time not so much: it seems new entries takes sometime to go high in chart. Especially retail titles (that aren't the big Nintendo IPs...or Fire Emblem for the well known reasons :lol ). For example, Etrain Odissey IV was 16th this Monday (almost one week after its launch), and now it's nineth. Or like many releases here in Italy: the first / second day after the release titles like Kersploosh and NightSky were very low, but now NightSky is in top 10 and Kersploosh 2nd.

Thinking about it, can anyone else post the only 3DS titles current titles Chart?

DaBoss

Is Castlevania available on eShop like in Canada? It seems strange not seeing it in the top 20, but at the same time not so much: it seems new entries takes sometime to go high in chart. Especially retail titles (that aren't the big Nintendo IPs...or Fire Emblem for the well known reasons :lol ). For example, Etrain Odissey IV was 16th this Monday (almost one week after its launch), and now it's nineth. Or like many releases here in Italy: the first / second day after the release titles like Kersploosh and NightSky were very low, but now NightSky is in top 10 and Kersploosh 2nd.

Thinking about it, can anyone else post the only 3DS titles current titles Chart?

If it's available in Canada's eShop, it should definitely be on the US one.

so I rescued a neglected wii from my mom and was looking to load it up as a VC machine. I was looking at the library on Wikipedia, and noticed how Super Turrican for the SNES got delisted today.

It appears that Nintendo doesn't offer any notice of delistings, which I don't get. Sega gave like a year notice that Outrun Online Arcade was going to get pulled off xbla and psn.
NOA don't and the notice NOE gives is the news bulletens on the shop channel that nobody actually reads (because you have to load the sluggish shop channel). Why they can't tweet "last chance to get DKC" or whatever I don't know. I guess then it draws attention to the fact the game is gone.

Also, WiiWare games get removed without any notice. Usually when developers go bust or decide that they're not going to reach the sales threshold (thankfully this "incentive" is gone from later shops) so might as well pull the entire thing to stop Nintenod getting more money.

If you e-mail Nintendo they might eventually get back to you with a list of all removed titles and when they were removed (but not why). I certainly have some European WiiWare dates I should tell people about sometime. Though I can imagine adding to Wikipedia is hard as essentially source is "private corresponance" (if we obay the confidentially statmeent in the signiture of the customer services e-mail)

Mpl90

Yes, it seems there's just to wait in order to see titles being higher in charts.
Recent example for Italy: Castlevania was 15th and Nano Assault EX was outside of the current top 20. Right now, not only Nano Assault EX is in top 20, but it's 16th. And Castlevania is 10th.

zigg

Also, WiiWare games get removed without any notice. Usually when developers go bust or decide that they're not going to reach the sales threshold (thankfully this "incentive" is gone from later shops) so might as well pull the entire thing to stop Nintenod getting more money.
Who in their right mind would do this? Every new sale is one step closer to a payout, even if it takes awhile. A chance at late money is better than guaranteed no money.

Played quite a bit of Legend of the River King. It's nice, but it eventually gets tedious how long it sometimes take until a fish bites. But maybe I'm missing something, the different baits don't increase my chances, I feel.

Splash and Crash seems fun after a few wells. Certainly worth the 3€ if you can't afford anything else on the eshop eventually.

Yes, it seems there's just to wait in order to see titles being higher in charts.
Recent example for Italy: Castlevania was 15th and Nano Assault EX was outside of the current top 20. Right now, not only Nano Assault EX is in top 20, but it's 16th. And Castlevania is 10th.
Changing to 3DS only...

1) Fire Emblem
2) Pokemon Dream Radar
3) Gunman Clive
4) Crashmo
5) Pokedex 3D Pro
6) Etrian Odyssey IV
7) 3D Classics Kirby
8) Kersploosh
9) Coaster Creator
10) Colors 3D
11) Fractured Soul
12) Picdun 2 Witch's Curse
13) Castlevania MoF
14) Mario Kart 7
15) Bird Mania
16) Deer Hunt 3D
17) NSMB 2
18) Zelda OoT 3D
19) Crimson Shroud
20) Mario 3D Land

GulAtiCa

Good to see Coaster Creator 3D doing well in the charts. Too bad we don't have a OT for it, fun little game to mess around with. They people behind it also announced they officially just became Wii U developers.

It seems the 3DS GPU is much harder to work with than the DS GPU.

The DS GPU was designed in a way that all devs had to worry about was making sure the number of on-screen vertices was under 4096, and the system even did the counting for you. It even had built-in translucent polygon sorting.

On the 3DS I'm certain you need to deal with most trappings of modern GPUs, like having to manage vertex buffers, minimizing render state changes, keeping overdraw at a minimum and what not. A DS->3DS up-port would certainly do many things that harm performance.

It's still really disappointing, given that Renegade Kid had one of the most impressive 3D engines on DS. I expected much better things from them on the 3DS hardware.

Level 5 has registered trademarks for two of the three Guild 02 games. Bug Tanks and Starship Damrey are both registered. I really hope they consider the Monster Friday game as well. It looked really unique.

Edit:

Yacht club's (ex-Wayforward) first game is getting revealed in the next issue of Nintendo Force.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoForce

daripad

Am I the only one who cannot get access to the 3DS e-shop?
Internet works perfectly in my console but the store is failing :(

Top Bottom