• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2013

m0t0k1

Level 5 has registered trademarks for two of the three Guild 02 games. Bug Tanks and Starship Damrey are both registered. I really hope they consider the Monster Friday game as well. It looked really unique.

Edit:

Yacht club's (ex-Wayforward) first game is getting revealed in the next issue of Nintendo Force.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoForce

Why does level 5 keeps doing this to me. Monster was the only game i was looking forward to and they don't release it. On Guild 01 that shop game looks most interesting to me. But still need to buy Crimson Shroud but waiting on a sale for that one.

Because this is all that matters in a game, right? It's $8 and really fun.

I spend more on coffee and cigarettes everyday.

What matters is that I can get racers just as fun on my iphone for free or a $1 that look much better than ATV Wild Ride and also come with more extensive online features. Why should I pay a premium (well, a digital premium price by iOS/Android standards) for a much lower quality product. And buttons is not an answer in my opion unless the difference is $2 or less for the same product.

What matters is that I can get racers just as fun on my iphone for free or a $1 that look much better than ATV Wild Ride and also come with more extensive online features. Why should I pay a premium (well, a digital premium price by iOS/Android standards) for a much lower quality product.
Screen tilting sucks balls. All phone games that aren't menu based, SIM games are garbage. Feel free to disagree, I don't care.

Might as well wipe my ass with that dollar.

Hale-XF11

What matters is that I can get racers just as fun on my iphone for free or a $1 that look much better than ATV Wild Ride and also come with more extensive online features. Why should I pay a premium (well, a digital premium price by iOS/Android standards) for a much lower quality product. And buttons is not an answer in my opion unless the difference is $2 or less for the same product.

You could say that for just about every other 3DS eShop game available right now then. What makes ATV any different? Also, some of us who own a 3DS don't have a smart phone, so it makes no difference to us.

You could say that for just about every other 3DS eShop game available right now then. What makes ATV any different? Also, some of us who own a 3DS don't have a smart phone, so it makes no difference to us.

Honestly, I don't take issue with most eshop games. My problem with ATV is the fact that Jools tried to make it seem like he was giving us this great deal for the game. The game is unremarkable in almost every way in my opinion and we're being asked to pay a premium for it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

oxQLi.gif

Friktion321

Neo Member
totally surprised to see Lego City: Undercover being sold for $49.99. The game has got some pretty decent marketing behind it and a lot of press coverage since E3 last year. I may have to pick this up on the Wii U eShop and take advantage of the Digital Promotion Nintendo has going on for Deluxe Wii U owners. It'll be the first game I purchase digitally and the first since the launch of the Wii U...

JavyOO7

I already have Pushmo on my 3DS, but I'm playing my co workers 3DS XL right now and he also has Pushmo... its so beautiful on the XL. And its not even how pretty the game is or looks on the XL, its just that its so much easier on my hands. As much as I like the original 3DS, I get cramps all the time. Or rather its just uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time. So I just have to man up and and save 200 bucks...

But when I get home I'll see if I can get access to the eShop and print out the daily tally of the top 20. =p

Hale-XF11

Honestly, I don't take issue with most eshop games. My problem with ATV is the fact that Jools tried to make it seem like he was giving us this great deal for the game. The game is unremarkable in almost every way in my opinion and we're being asked to pay a premium for it.

What developer/publisher on any platform doesn't think they're offering a great deal on their own games?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
What's odd is that Super Turrican 2 is still available on the NA Wii Shop... it's just the first that was removed.

If you e-mail Nintendo they might eventually get back to you with a list of all removed titles and when they were removed (but not why). I certainly have some European WiiWare dates I should tell people about sometime. Though I can imagine adding to Wikipedia is hard as essentially source is "private corresponance" (if we obay the confidentially statmeent in the signiture of the customer services e-mail)

I scan through the Wii VC/WiiWare lists every few months and update the Club Nintendo spreadsheet with any missing titles. I'll have to go through it this weekend to see if anything else got pulled.

I wonder if there is some issue with Factor 5...

DaBoss

Here are the 3DS eShop charts for Canada on 08/03/2012 8PM EST.

Recent Releases
  1. Fire Emblem Awakening (810) +20
  2. Pokemon Dream Radar (830) +9
  3. Crashmo (264) +3
  4. Gunman Clive (178) +9
  5. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (44) +1
  6. Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (3087) +2
  7. Super Mario Bros. (3051) +3
  8. Mega Man 2 (42) +2
  9. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (38) +10
  10. 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure (1222) +4
  11. Kersploosh! (5)
  12. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (78) +2
  13. Pokedex 3D Pro (355) +3
  14. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1322) +1
  15. The Legend of Zelda (1612) +2
  16. Fractured Soul (59) +1
  17. Cut The Rope (682) +1
  18. Plants vs. Zombies (1435) +4
  19. Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (759)
  20. Colors! 3D (1118) +2
Bolded whatever didn't appear in yesterday's list. Added a +# to show the increase in ratings, though that doesn't signify anything, just thought it would be interesting.

I can see myself coming back to Splash and Crash (Kersploosh) in the future, it's pretty fun to play casually.
Still missing one item. And lol @ the drip. No, ... just no. I wonder if anything happens if you make it through a parcours with it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I can see myself coming back to Splash and Crash (Kersploosh) in the future, it's pretty fun to play casually.
Still missing one item. And lol @ the drip. No, ... just no. I wonder if anything happens if you make it through a parcours with it.

Yeah, screw that lol. The only one I don't have is right above the mutagen. A quick google search shows that apparently you have to beat something like 2 to 5 wells with the Matryoshka doll? Idk if I'll ever get it in that case :(

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Italian 3DS eShop charts - 08/03/2013 - around 10GMT

Recent Releases
  1. Pokemon Dream Radar (923)
  2. Kersploosh (10)
  3. Pokedex 3D Pro (329)
  4. Gunman Clive (103)
  5. PAC-MAN (1)
  6. Super Mario Bros. (1861)
  7. 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure (397)
  8. Plants vs. Zombies (471)
  9. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (7)
  10. Super Mario Bros. : The Lost Levels (48)
  11. Nano Assault EX (3)
  12. Bird Mania 3D (157)
  13. UNO (336)
  14. The "DENPA" MEN: They Came by Wave (121)
  15. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (551)
  16. NightSky (10)
  17. Super Mario 3D Land (11842)
  18. Pullblox (1205)
  19. 35 Junior Games (9)
  20. Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D (15)

3DS Only Recent Releases
  1. Pokemon Dream Radar (923)
  2. Kersploosh (10)
  3. Pokedex 3D Pro (329)
  4. Gunman Clive (103)
  5. 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure (397)
  6. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (7)
  7. Nano Assault EX (3)
  8. Bird Mania 3D (157)
  9. The "DENPA" MEN: They Came by Wave (121)
  10. NightSky (10)
  11. Super Mario 3D Land (11842)
  12. Pullblox (1205)
  13. 35 Junior Games (9)
  14. Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D (15)
  15. Colors! 3D (420)
  16. SpeedX 3D (136)
  17. Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! (318)
  18. Picross e2 (38)
  19. Family Tennis 3D (2)
  20. Dillon's Rolling Western (527)

M3d10n

Do you guys get these charts from the permanent "best selling" icon in the eShop's bottom icon row? If so, here are the Brazil one, just for fun:

1) Fire Emblem Awakening (240)
2) Pokémon Dream Radar (951)
3) Crashmo (201)
4) Gunman Clive (207)
5) Super Mario Bros. (3771)
6) Mega Man 2 (43)
7) Link's Awakening (1976)
8) Pokédex 3D Pro (536)
9) Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels (61)
10) Cut The Rope (439)
11) Photo Dojo (1188)
12) The Legend of Zelda (1384)
13) Super Mario Land 2 (950)
14) Bit Trip Saga (89)
15) Plants vs. Zombies (2037)
16) Bird Mania 3D (492)
17) 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventures (950)
18) Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again (1481)
19) Mega Man (83)
20) Colors! 3D (1365)
21) Sonic Triple Trouble (270)
22) Dig Dug (1)
23) Crimson Shroud (124)
24) Mario Kart 7 (18667)
25) New Super Mario Bros. 2 (6351)

The fact Fire Emblem is on top is both amazing and scary. It costs R$ 149 on the eShop ($70~75), like all Nintendo's games, so either this chart isn't accurate or there actually are a lot of suckers who buy these rip-offs instead of using the Canadian eShop, which might be the reason Nintendo and even some 3rd parties insist on this abusive matching of local retail prices.

It's also interesting that many games have roughly as many ratings as in the Canadian eShop (sometimes more), which indicates the 3DS market in Brazil is of comparable size.

Heropon

Spanish 3DS charts

Updated as of March, 9th 2013. Around 11 GMT

Recent releases

1. Pokémon Dream Radar (=) (851)
  2. Splash or Crash (=) (12)
  3. Pokédex 3D Pro (=) (320)
  4. Gunman Clive (=) (100)
  5. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate (NEW) (27)
  6. PAC-MAN (↓1) (0)
  7. Plants vs. Zombies (=) (647)
  8. Nano Assaullt EX (NEW) (5)
  9. Super Mario Bros. (↓1) (2245)
  10. Super Mario 3D Land (↓1) (13755)
  11. 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure (↓1) (347)
  12. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (↓1) (24)
  13. NightSky (↓7) (6)
  14. Pullblox (↑3) (1410)
  15. 35 Junior Games (↓1) (12)
  16. PICROSS e2 (↓1) (37)
  17. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (↓5) (998)
  18. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (=) (609)
  19. Castlevania (↓6) (3)
  20. Dillon's Rolling Western (=) (516)

The all time chart keeps the same positions, I'll update when there are changes.

Last charts

While I'm at it, Wii U charts:

Recent releases

1. Trine 2: Director's Cut (285)
  2. The Cave (59)
  3. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (48)
  4. Nano Assault Neo (77)
  5. Little Inferno (86)
  6. New Super Mario Bros. U (629)
  7. Puddle (11)
  8. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (97)
  9. Chasing Aurora (9)
  10. TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT Wii U EDITION (64)
  11. Just Dance 4 (33)
  12. Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (3)
  13. Disney Epic Mickey: Return of 2 Heroes (10)
  14. Assassin's Creed III (106)
  15. FIFA 13 (40)
  16. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (47)
  17. Funky Barn (1)
  18. NBA 2K13 (12)
  19. Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (11)
  20. ZombiU (347)

All software

1. Trine 2: Director's Cut (285)
  2. Balloon Fight (58)
  3. The Cave (59)
  4. Nano Assault Neo (77)
  5. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (48)
  6. Little Inferno (86)
  7. New Super Mario Bros. U (629)
  8. Puddle (11)
  9. Chasing Aurora (9)
  10. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (97)
  11. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (47)
  12. TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT Wii U EDITION (64)
  13. Darksiders II (66)
  14. Nintendo Land (816)
  15. Assassin's Creed III (106)
  16. ZombiU (347)
  17. Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (11)
  18. Just Dance 4 (33)
  19. Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (3)
  20. Rabbids Land (25)

Congratulations to Trine 2 for beating an almost free game. F-Zero is missing!

Mpl90

Do you guys get these charts from the permanent "best selling" icon in the eShop's bottom icon row? If so, here are the Brazil one, just for fun:

1) Fire Emblem Awakening (240)
2) Pokémon Dream Radar (951)
3) Crashmo (201)
4) Gunman Clive (207)
5) Super Mario Bros. (3771)
6) Mega Man 2 (43)
7) Link's Awakening (1976)
8) Pokédex 3D Pro (536)
9) Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels (61)
10) Cut The Rope (439)
11) Photo Dojo (1188)
12) The Legend of Zelda (1384)
13) Super Mario Land 2 (950)
14) Bit Trip Saga (89)
15) Plants vs. Zombies (2037)
16) Bird Mania 3D (492)
17) 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventures (950)
18) Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again (1481)
19) Mega Man (83)
20) Colors! 3D (1365)
21) Sonic Triple Trouble (270)
22) Dig Dug (1)
23) Crimson Shroud (124)
24) Mario Kart 7 (18667)
25) New Super Mario Bros. 2 (6351)

The fact Fire Emblem is on top is both amazing and scary. It costs R$ 149 on the eShop ($70~75), like all Nintendo's games, so either this chart isn't accurate or there actually are a lot of suckers who buy these rip-offs instead of using the Canadian eShop, which might be the reason Nintendo and even some 3rd parties insist on this abusive matching of local retail prices.

It's also interesting that many games have roughly as many ratings as in the Canadian eShop (sometimes more), which indicates the 3DS market in Brazil is of comparable size.

We take it from the Charts Icon, "Current Releases", the top 20 best selling games right now. The plan is to post current releases charts daily and the all-time charts let's say once a week, since they're not as subject to changes as other charts.

Yeah, screw that lol. The only one I don't have is right above the mutagen. A quick google search shows that apparently you have to beat something like 2 to 5 wells with the Matryoshka doll? Idk if I'll ever get it in that case :(

Guess I won't get that one either, lol.

I'm getting really annoyed by Nintendo's unwillingness to put GBA games on 3DS. I hoped they'd finally get their shit together with digital releases but no, I guess they won't.

serplux

I'm getting really annoyed by Nintendo's unwillingness to put GBA games on 3DS. I hoped they'd finally get their shit together with digital releases but no, I guess they won't.

You Europeans have it worse. You're still missing four NES ambassador games, while we only have one left to go. Maybe we're just waiting on you guys to catch up before we can start releasing GBA ambassador games. :p At least we get Mega Man 3 next week.

You Europeans have it worse. You're still missing four NES ambassador games, while we only have one left to go. Maybe we're just waiting on you guys to catch up before we can start releasing GBA ambassador games. :p At least we get Mega Man 3 next week.

Four? Yoshi, Wrecking Crew, Balloon Fight... what's the fourth?

Edit: Ah fuck, Ice Climber. But I want none of those! Just give me the GBA games!

serplux

Four? Yoshi, Wrecking Crew, Balloon Fight... what's the fourth?

Edit: Ah fuck, Ice Climber. But I want none of those! Just give me the GBA games!

Well, from what I've gathered the West has a metric shit-ton of Game Gear games to release (that have been rated):

Columns
Crystal Warriors
Defenders of Oasis
G-LOC: Air Battle
Master of Darkness
Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya
Sonic Drift 2
Tails Adventure

And us Americans never got Sonic Labyrinth or Sonic Blast either. So at least there's something new coming out in the future.

Edit: Not to mention the other games Japan already got/will get, like Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Double Dragon, and Puyo Puyo.

Heropon

I'd exchange all the NES games in the virtual console by GBA games. I have enough with Nintendo trickling them in three consoles.

I'd exchange all the NES games in the virtual console by GBA games. I have enough with Nintendo trickling them in three consoles.
It's less a trickle and more an occasional drop of rain that makes you think a storm might be coming, but it never does

Holy shit I love Denpa Men <3 Can't wait for the sequel.

Heropon

It's less a trickle and more an occasional drop of rain that makes you think a storm might be coming, but it never does.

I like that description. What would you compare the GBC schedule to then?

Wario Land 3 ----3 months----> Legend of the River King

Disgusting.

serplux

I like that description. What would you compare the GBC schedule to then?

Wario Land 3 ----3 months----> Legend of the River King

Horrible.

We're still waiting on Wario Land III, you bastards. :D We're getting Harvest Moon/River King/the Oracle Games/Shantae somewhat soon though. To be fair, the GBC didn't have the greatest library of games in the world.

Heropon

The GBA launch on the VC will be worldwide, so I think we're waiting on Japan to run out of other VC games to release before all of us get them.

If Nintendo releases one of those games every three months, we'll get the GBA VC in a year, believe!

rpmurphy

Anybody hoping that with the release of GBA VC that we'll finally get an official Mother 3 localization? Anyone...?
:(

Heropon

Anybody hoping that with the release of GBA VC that we'll finally get an official Mother 3 localization? Anyone...?
:(

I'd pay an special import tax for that to happen.

About the GBA WiiU VC, do you think we will get the GBA ports instead of the SNES games? Yoshi's Island is an example of a game that I only see being released in the GBA VC.

zigg

Anyone know anything about when the Runner2 update is coming out?

The rare crash, I can deal with… leaderboards saving my new score instead of my highest score is something that's really preventing me from wanting to play much.

Mpl90

Well, from what I've gathered the West has a metric shit-ton of Game Gear games to release (that have been rated):

Columns
Crystal Warriors
Defenders of Oasis
G-LOC: Air Battle
Master of Darkness
Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya
Sonic Drift 2
Tails Adventure

And us Americans never got Sonic Labyrinth or Sonic Blast either. So at least there's something new coming out in the future.

Edit: Not to mention the other games Japan already got/will get, like Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Double Dragon, and Puyo Puyo.

True, lots of Game Gear titles got rated, but they've not been released yet. Strange.

Oh, guys, who can post current titles charts from other European countries?

Drago

My guess is that Japan gets Mother 2 as part of the 30¥ promotion, gets Mother 1 at the launch of the official NES VC (or close to it), and they get Mother 3 at the launch of the GBA VC.

Meanwhile, NA gets Earthbound at the launch of the official SNES VC (believe!) and maybe Mother 1 later on as an import title (as an official NoA localization exists but wasn't released) with no Mother 3 release. EU gets nothing.

Who in their right mind would do this? Every new sale is one step closer to a payout, even if it takes awhile. A chance at late money is better than guaranteed no money.
I thought Nintendo cut it off at 24 months and the developers do get their numbers so see if it worthwhile or not. I remember how the Robbin Hood guys tried to give away copies to make up the gap in the timeframe yet couldn't find enough people to do so...

We're still waiting on Wario Land III, you bastards. :D We're getting Harvest Moon/River King/the Oracle Games/Shantae somewhat soon though. To be fair, the GBC didn't have the greatest library of games in the world.

I wouldn't count on it my American friend;

Game Boy Color
JP February 27, 2001
NA May 14, 2001
EU October 5, 2001
3DS Virtual Console
JP February 27, 2013
NA TBA
EU TBA

May 14th, mofo. Or the nearest Thursday to that date. I'd bet my best Denpa Man.

My guess is that Japan gets Mother 2 as part of the 30¥ promotion, gets Mother 1 at the launch of the official NES VC (or close to it), and they get Mother 3 at the launch of the GBA VC.

Meanwhile, NA gets Earthbound at the launch of the official SNES VC (believe!) and maybe Mother 1 later on as an import title (as an official NoA localization exists but wasn't released) with no Mother 3 release. EU gets nothing.

I bet we both get nothing. Equality in the West man. Earthbound being NA hasn't stopped Nintendo from never porting it to anything.

The GBA launch on the VC will be worldwide, so I think we're waiting on Japan to run out of other VC games to release before all of us get them.
You have this tendency to say things will happen when it's just something you think ¬.¬

Heropon

I wouldn't count on it my American friend;

Game Boy Color
JP February 27, 2001
NA May 14, 2001
EU October 5, 2001
3DS Virtual Console
JP February 27, 2013
NA TBA
EU TBA

May 14th, mofo. Or the nearest Thursday to that date. I'd bet my best Denpa Man.

I don't want to believe that theory, but Nintendo has showed me that they can sit on a rom for several months perfectly.

Talking about anniversaries, maybe NoA is waiting to May to release Wario Land 3.

Top Bottom