• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2015

BooJoh

okay I'm confused folks

(1) Does the 3DS not keep all its save data on the system itself/microSD? where do I manage that? I can't seem to find my save on the first thearhythm

(2) Do we need to have the game cart inserted in the 3DS in other to get Streetpass hits for that game? Or is it fine as long as the game has saved Streetpass data on my 3DS/microSD?

(3) Is there no way to transfer save data from a physical game to digital game?

I don't remember if Theatrhythm 1 did it but I'm pretty sure Theatrhythm Curtain Call stores save data on the system even for physical copies.

Damn it, why isn't there one on Wii U?

Wii U games save to the system anyway. When I got Game & Wario digitally from Club Nintendo I launched it and it loaded up my save file from the disc version as if I'd had it digital the whole time.

Chrom

Wii U games save to the system anyway. When I got Game & Wario digitally from Club Nintendo I launched it and it loaded up my save file from the disc version as if I'd had it digital the whole time.

Oh, that's cool. I was thinking the saves weren't shared like how it is on 3DS. Good to know that's not the case.

Chrom

sörine;156516748 said:
It's even not the case for Wii games. Rebuying Galaxy 2 digitally just pulled my save file up when I launched it.

Yep, that I certainly had not forgotten. I also bought Super Mario Galaxy 2 digitally and saw all my old progress made from my disc copy still intact. I suppose I just didn't put two and two together when it came to Wii U software.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
okay I'm confused folks

(1) Does the 3DS not keep all its save data on the system itself/microSD? where do I manage that? I can't seem to find my save on the first thearhythm

(2) Do we need to have the game cart inserted in the 3DS in other to get Streetpass hits for that game? Or is it fine as long as the game has saved Streetpass data on my 3DS/microSD?

(3) Is there no way to transfer save data from a physical game to digital game?

Some save data is still stored on the cartridge. I noticed this with Majora's Mask 3D when I put it in another console and could still play.

jholmes

I've been told NES Remix doesn't use the same save file and I know for a fact Wii Fit U doesn't because I had to start a new save on that. I do know that Wii Sports Club does use the same files. The issue here is it seems like most games don't use the same files.

I would think every game should always use the same file in every circumstance but what do I know.

Ondore

I converted Fantasy Life to digital a few months ago and freaked out when the transfer tool didn't work - turns out that save goes to the SD card.

donny2112

I converted Fantasy Life to digital a few months ago and freaked out when the transfer tool didn't work - turns out that save goes to the SD card.

Maybe games with DLC save to the system in some cases? I know Fire Emblem saves to the cartridge, so if you put a cartridge into a system that has DLC bought, that cartridge can use the DLC. :D

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Renegade Kid games are going on sale on the eShop tomorrow according to Jools Watsham on Twitter.

I know I personally was the major GAF Champion for Xeodrifter, but I conceeded tbe length thing was off putting for many.

That being said if it's on sale then I need to champion this game again!

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Mario Party 10 – Crash the party as bad guy Bowser in Mario Party 10. Challenge and tease your friends in three great party games in one. Be the bad guy in the new Bowser Party mode to playfully antagonize your buddies. Play with at least one compatible amiibo to unlock the inventive amiibo Party mode. And have an all-around blast! Mario Party 10 will be available on March 20. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
Elliot Quest – Elliot Quest from PlayEveryWare and Ansimuz Games is an 8-bit retro adventure/RPG that follows a hero on a quest to cure his curse of immortality. Explore Urele Island to uncover its secrets and discover powerful weapons as you search for an ancient demon. Click here to view a trailer for the game.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Fossil Fighters: Frontier – Buckle up for a wild ride across a fully 3D world in your own custom vehicle. While exploring the unknown, you’ll discover fossils to dig up and bring to life as vivosaurs. You can then pit these prehistoric beasts against other vivosaurs in massive reptile rumbles. Deck out your ride with digging and battle tools, and then set out on an adventure of prehistoric proportions! Fossil Fighters: Frontier will be available on March 20. Click here to view an ad for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

KLONOA 2: Dream Champ Tournament – In this Game Boy Advance platformer, guide Klonoa through five worlds that make up the Dream Champ Tournament. Complete each world by eliminating fellow contestants and collecting magical items. Use the Wind Bullet to draw in enemies, using them either as a jumping boost or a projectile against other foes.

Events / Activities:

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. – Medal March Tournament – See how your Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. squad stacks up online in Nintendo’s Public Tournaments. Top players earn unique titles that are visible online and earn major bragging rights with their friends and around the world! The Medal March Tournament will run through March 22. To keep updated on Nintendo’s Public Tournaments, opt in to notifications via the SpotPass feature in the game. Click here for more information. Good luck, agents!

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars – Create your own levels in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars game and challenge players all over the world to complete them. You can also give tips to other creators and spread the word about your favorite levels. Click here to learn more about building levels so you can start earning stars!
The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D – The results of The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D drawing challenge in Miiverse have been revealed by Eiji Aonuma, producer of The Legend of Zelda games. Aonuma also gave his comments on the recognized drawings. Click here to see the gallery!

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Moon Chronicles, Xeodrifter and other Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games from Renegade Kid are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 2.
Turtle Tale on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 2.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Paper Monsters Recut is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 2.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Glory of Generals, Quell Reflect and Swords & Soldiers 3D from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 9.
Spot the Differences!, Viking Invasion 2 – Tower Defense and other games from Bigben Interactive are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 2.
Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay and Disney Frozen: Olaf’s Quest from GameMill Entertainment are on sale from 9 a.m. PT on March 20 until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 27.
Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX is 37 percent off (reduced from $8.00 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 18.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. Lincoln vs. the Aliens
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
Skylanders Trap Team Air Theme
Skylanders Trap Team Life Theme
Skylanders Trap Team Magic Theme
Skylanders Trap Team Tech Theme

Permanent Price Reduction

GetClose: A game for RIVALS is $2.99 (reduced from $4.99).

Also new this week:

PENTAPUZZLE (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Super Destronaut (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Iron Combat: War in the Air (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Navy Commander (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, now they use the PRs for events / activities? Kind of neat.

Also, it looks like Activision discovered that 3DS has themes now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heh, Codename Steam gets a theme, that's kind of neat.

......*continues to wait for Sega to bring over system themes, especially after Dreamcast was revealed*

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Heh? They've been doing it for a while.

Uh. Herr, it's not my error for sure! It was written too little, now they wrote it clearly, ah ah! Nothing wrong, guys! Carry on, ah ah ah!

*shifty eyes and whistling furiously, trying to make everyone forget about it*

SerTapTap

Nothing this week for me. Mario party 10 looks like a huge disappointment.

Yeah reviews were highly discouraging, I'd probably buy if it still had Bowser Mode, no "car" thing and online multi (I can't realistically play it often enough in local). Surely they have to stop doing the car thing at this point, right...? Moving around the board was half the fun in the N64 ones.

Iron Combat, Elliot Quest and Fossil Fighters for me. Good week!

Has anyone played a Fossil Fighters game before? Is it too basic/simple for a 25 year old to enjoy?

SerTapTap

*cracks knuckles* onto stage 16 of MSF2. that 6 minute par time is intimidating.

It's not as bad as it sounds, or at least, there are way harder (if shorter) levels in the MSF1 HD extra levels. I gave up on those but had little problem 100%ing MSF2

Robin64

Annoyed they're treating Tipping Stars as a retail release (because it kind of sort of technically is), was looking forward to that tonight.

zroid

Banned
It's not as bad as it sounds, or at least, there are way harder (if shorter) levels in the MSF1 HD extra levels. I gave up on those but had little problem 100%ing MSF2

you were right ^^

thank god for the autosave before the last bit though

edit: can you use the
super hose
for the par times? that's cheap, lol

SerTapTap

you were right ^^

thank god for the autosave before the last bit though

edit: can you use the
super hose
for the par times? that's cheap, lol

I forget...I think so? I think you can use the
super buster
in the first game for par times but not first times through levels. It's not required to do so but it can change routes in a few cases.

zroid

Banned
Xeodrifter $4.99. Hmmmm I dunno.

I forget...I think so? I think you can use the
super buster
in the first game for par times but not first times through levels. It's not required to do so but it can change routes in a few cases.

yea I did them all on my first playthrough, but I just replayed the first level with it activated and my new best time was recorded soooo... probably could've just made it easier for myself if I'd waited, but whatever! the extra challenge was good.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Per Jools Twitter

20150319_121849xuuhn.jpg

Top Bottom