• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Shadowdrops Direct TODAY

Disappointing. Nintendo's own games are nowhere to be found (No, 51 bored games doesn't count). I know it's a "Mini" Direct, but that's bullshit too. Why would they make the first real Direct since like 6 months a mini? Am I seriously supposed to get excited for more ports of dusty gen 7 games? Granted, there's some interesting new (Or pretty new) third party games coming too, but that's not what I was hoping to learn here. I guess the virus really messed things up for Nintendo.

Aidah

Not bad, a couple of things I'm interested in. Cool that some stuff release immediately, and some of these free updates like the Ringfit one are nice.

Fbh

Shadow dropping this and not getting people to hype themselves up was a smart move.
Pretty meh overall. The only thing that looked good to me was Bravely Default despite the ugly as hell character models.

Shantae

Banned
I was pretty disappointed by this. I still have games that want from this like Bioshock, Borderlands and Need for Speed but overall I feel like this paints a very dark picture for Switch this year.

If only Outrageousfacts was still here. We would have a Nintendoomed thread up and running.
As interested as I am about some of these ports...I have to agree a bit. Where the fuck is Nintendo with their ports at least, ya know? They drop Animal Crossing for the first half of this year, and that's it it seems. Switch should be getting Super Mario 3D World, Twilight Princess and Wind Waker HD ports...reasons for people to stop owning a fucking Wii U.

StormCell

I was pretty disappointed by this. I still have games that I want from this like Bioshock, Borderlands and Need for Speed but overall I feel like this paints a very dark picture for Switch this year.

If only Outrageousfacts was still here. We would have a Nintendoomed thread up and running.

I don't think they've shown much of the second half yet. Expect a large direct in June.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So god damn looking forward to Xenoblade Definitive Edition and Bravely Default 2!
tenor.gif

ultrazilla

About time on the Borderlands port! Nice to see 2k embracing the Switch more with Bioshock, Borderlands, Xcom, etc.

The standout to me because I like the art style and creepy atmosphere: Shinsekai: Into the Depths(underwater Metroidvania)

Panzer Dragoon is an insta-buy for me today.

All in all, a very good "surprise" Nintendo Direct Mini. Pacing was good. No extended boring segments and some real good surprises
announced along with some cool shadowdrops on the eShop.

So it's Sinsekai: Into the Depths and Panzer Dragoon must buys today and the Bravely Default 2 demo to try out.

darth.shrimp

Gold Member
Only thing I'm excited for is Xenoblade DE. I won't be caught playing any FPS on a controller, as good as they may be, and Mechanicus is... wait it's only 12 bucks on Steam right now?! Well there you have it, I won't be getting it on Switch either...

alf717

Grabbed the Xenoblade DE CE from Best Buy. US version is lacking some goodies which is a bummer but I'm getting it anyway.

Murr

Xenobalde looks great. Will buy that one for ssure. Also interested in Bravely Default 2 and Kings Bounty 2, but haven't played the other parts yet.
Nothing really too exciting in the direct though. Hopefully we won't have to wait another 6 month for the next direct.

Xenobalde looks great. Will buy that one for ssure. Also interested in Bravely Default 2 and Kings Bounty 2, but haven't played the other parts yet.
Nothing really too exciting in the direct though. Hopefully we won't have to wait another 6 month for the next direct.
I like your Sushi Strikers avatar.

royox

The funny thing is that games like the Bioshock collection were literally free last month in PS+ and they will charge like 50-60 bucks for the Switch version...and still people will be happy about that lol.

Shantae

Banned
I am glad I waited to play Xenoblade Chronicles after all this time. It really looks sooo much better, even if it isn't a full on remake. The character models look so much nicer. They looked like their faces were flat in the original.

mcjmetroid

Too much anime crap for me.
Hate to agree with your statement but I agree. I played dragon quest xi, fire emblem 3 houses and Octopath traveller in the last year.

None for those are bad and I had a really good time but honestly I need a break, there's no denying there's a certain trope to anime games and movies. They never get past themselves with the stories in their games. Dragon quest xi was good for story but not amazing.
So seeing trials of Mana and bravely default isn't exciting me.

Have a shot everytime a character says "my head.. ugh.. it hurts" and then collapses to their knees clutching their head because they had a vision or something. It happens in a lot of them.

How's the story in Xenoblade? Is it actually good or 'good for a jrpg' like dragon quest xi.

mcjmetroid

The funny thing is that games like the Bioshock collection were literally free last month in PS+ and they will charge like 50-60 bucks for the Switch version...and still people will be happy about that lol.
Ya but you're playing portably...lol

To be honest I think the full prices would still happen if the switch was the size of a steam train.

Carna

Banned
Oh joy, more ports instead of third party that arrives at the same time as the PS4 and xbone versions of the game :messenger_unamused:

Quasicat

Gold Member
Normally I get eShop cards to keep my finances in check. After seeing Panzer Dragoon on the list for today, and out shelter in place order in effect, I cracked out the card and bought a it immediately. I liked the first one and absolutely loved Zwei!

Kacho

YES we get to play the same games AGAIN

;)
I don't know what to tell you people triggered over my comment. Good games are good games. Doesn't matter if they're old.

Still waiting on the Fallout 3 and New Vegas ports tbh. Stay safe if that happens.

Shantae

Banned
I don't know what to tell you people triggered over my comment. Good games are good games. Doesn't matter if they're old.

Still waiting on the Fallout 3 and New Vegas ports tbh. Stay safe if that happens.
As interested as I am to get Borderlands on Switch, late ports like these are fair to criticize. Hell, most of the ports announced are also ports of games of last generation games, almost 2 generations old since we're so close to next gen. I agree, good games are good games, but it still sucks that Switch is being considered a platform to not be taken seriously by third parties. Doom Eternal couldn't even keep it's launch date with other platforms, when it was initially announced at having the same date -_-

Kacho

As interested as I am to get Borderlands on Switch, late ports like these are fair to criticize. Hell, most of the ports announced are also ports of games of last generation games, almost 2 generations old since we're so close to next gen. I agree, good games are good games, but it still sucks that Switch is being considered a platform to not be taken seriously by third parties. Doom Eternal couldn't even keep it's launch date with other platforms, when it was initially announced at having the same date -_-
Who says they can't be criticized? I'm punting the people who feel the need to quote my comment as if I give a fuck what they think. Go play games you care about, IDGAF.

Top Bottom