• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Shadowdrops Direct TODAY

Jeeves

I wonder what they're doing with the Arms character in Smash? If it was just Springman feel like they would have just said as much.

Downloading Arms now since it's free for over a week. From what I remember of the demo, I think that will be enough time for me to get my fill of the game.

Rat Rage

Gold Member

NotINLh.gif

kunonabi

Meh, only games of interest to me are Bravely Default II, assuming it isnt butchered, and maybe Episode 1 Racer I if it plays well on joycons. It would be day one if the Switch had an N64 classic controller.

I’ll get some of these games, but I’m not super-excited for anything besides Bravely Default 2. I’ve got Xenoblade pre-ordered, but I’ve already played that when it was originally released. Bioshock and XCOM are good, but I’ve already played them as well. There has to be some new stuff coming.

I’m playing, and really enjoying, Animal Crossing, but I’m going to need more than that.

93xfan

Banned
Ports PORTS PORTS PORTS PORTS

That aside, Episode 1 Racer is awesome (Especially Dreamcast version). Party like it's 1999, Switch fans!
And not even the ports people want. Just some old stuff.
Episode 1 racer was probably the most exciting thing I saw. What a garbage direct.

93xfan

Banned
I don't know what to tell you people triggered over my comment. Good games are good games. Doesn't matter if they're old.

Still waiting on the Fallout 3 and New Vegas ports tbh. Stay safe if that happens.

The problem is that they’re playable on so many other platforms and are much better on those. This isn’t like we’re getting a definitive edition.

Also, it’d be different if it was something people couldn’t play on modern devices, such as Mario Sunshine or even a Wind Waker HD port.

jdforge

Banned
I’m genuinely starting to think Nintendo are going to shadow drop an announcement of a new console. This mini direct feels like a puny entree just enough to bridge the gap to the main event.

93xfan

Banned
Im pretty sure lots of people wanted to play original Xenoblade on their Switch and they give us demo for Bravely Default 2, sure it wasn't the best direct in world but far from being "garbage".

im referring to the 2K games such as borderlands and Bioshock.

Xenoblade Chronicles was already known.

The big surprise at the end being more Pokémon news and the Smash character being from Arms just makes it that much worse.

Last edited:

Kacho

The problem is that they’re playable on so many other platforms and are much better on those. This isn’t like we’re getting a definitive edition.

Also, it’d be different if it was something people couldn’t play on modern devices, such as Mario Sunshine or even a Wind Waker HD port.

I mean, I get it but what do you want me to do about it? If you guys aren’t looking forward to any of these games that’s totally fine. You don’t need to quote me about it.

Im just looking forward to playing some good games again, like Bioshock. Whether they’re too old, have less Ps, etc. Whatever. More good games on Switch is a plus to me since it’s my preferred platform to play on usually because of the convenience factor.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
Both xcom and bioshock were recently given away as ps plus freebies.

More ports... of decade old games.
Xcom 2, not Xcom, so far from being a "decade old". Xcom 2 only came out in 2016, if anything, at least that one is still a current generation game.

93xfan

Banned
I mean, I get it but what do you want me to do about it? If you guys aren’t looking forward to any of these games that’s totally fine. You don’t need to quote me about it.

Im just looking forward to playing some good games again, like Bioshock. Whether they’re too old, have less Ps, etc. Whatever. More good games on Switch is a plus to me since it’s my preferred platform to play on usually because of the convenience factor.

People are quoting you because you hyped it up and said Switch is on fire.

To be fair, the same thing would happen in a Smash thread if you were like, “First Byleth and now Arms? Smash DLC is on fire!”

Eevee86

The Bravely Default 2 demo feels kind of bad. I'll go to cut some grass and an enemy will just blitz across the map from out of sight and get a free advantage every time. Need to slow some of the enemies down on the map.

Yumi

I remember xcom 2 chugging on my base ps4. Cool direct anyways. Might bite on borderlands.

Definitely Xenoblade. The Wii had one of the worst UI ive ever seen and its still one of my favorite games of all time.

93xfan

Banned
"Hyped it up"

I expressed my own personal interest in a handful of ports. Fuck outta here. lmao

Holy shit. So many dope games.

Xcom fucking 2

Borderlands Collection

Mufuckin Bioshock

Switch is on fire
Clearly not hyping it up.
You are on a forum. If you express overwhelming positivity on something controversial, you’re likely to be quoted and possibly challenged.

I don't know what to tell you people triggered over my comment. Good games are good games. Doesn't matter if they're old.

Still waiting on the Fallout 3 and New Vegas ports tbh. Stay safe if that happens.

Who says they can't be criticized? I'm punting the people who feel the need to quote my comment as if I give a fuck what they think. Go play games you care about, IDGAF.

Don’t get why you’re upset with a few people quoting you. Calm down.

Last edited:

RaptorGTA

Gold Member
Burnout, Borderlands, Bravely Default 2 and a couple of small games..not bad. I assume this was a "hold everyone over" direct till they release their E3 without E3 Direct.

TwiztidElf

I'm pretty happy with that Direct.
Not bothered with any of the "bigger" titles, but I'm definitely grabbing Club House Games, Mr Driller, Panzer Dragoon, and the new RingFit content.
GoodJob, Ninjala and Fuser all looked interesting also.

mcjmetroid

I was pretty disappointed by this. I still have games that I want from this like Bioshock, Borderlands and Need for Speed but overall I feel like this paints a very dark picture for Switch this year.

If only Outrageousfacts was still here. We would have a Nintendoomed thread up and running.
Nah I think they have something up their sleeve for the second half of the year for when the new consoles launch but it's dry as shite for this half for sure.

They will certainly need their big Christmas title at the very least and so far it's anybodies guess. Zelda perhaps or a new Mario odyssey. Even a new Mario kart. One of those I'd say.

They need a bit hitter and it ain't gonna be Pokemon this year.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As a huge Panzer Dragoon fan, this remake is a huge miss and pass for me. I don’t know who signed off on the bright, colorful visuals, the idiotically 2D reticle or the maddening bouncing dragon but just..... no.

Game looks terrible. A quick cash in for nostalgic fans I guess. Ya, the bouncing dragon, colours, big bight aimer, it's like the dev didn't even play the original game.

As the video reviewer said too, not just the colours, but the game is too clean and smooth. PD is supposed to be a bit grungy.

Last edited:
Game looks terrible. A quick cash in for nostalgic fans I guess. Ya, the bouncing dragon, colours, big bight aimer, it's like the dev didn't even play the original game.

As the video reviewer said too, not just the colours, but the game is too clean and smooth. PD is supposed to be a bit grungy.

Smilebit :(

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Lot of people are sleeping on clubhouse games. The DS version was one of the best games on the system for multiplayer.

Lots of new stuff in this one.

my only wish is for download plaY so I don’t have find somebody else locally that has this.

Thurible

It was an ok direct. I am interested in xenoblade HD (I played X on wii u and it was fun, though I will say the plot was incredibly weird with all the strange twists it took
Like how it turns out everyone is a human conciousness controling robots, but then it turns out actually none of humanity survived and the human robots are really just AI that has been fed an artificial personality of a former living person. So everyone is really dead/a machine and the only thing that can bring humanity back is a vat of biomass that can clone people and other living things. Elma also turns out to be an alien and the only living person that survived the trip and there is this whole weird thing about a cult that worships this long dead race of aliens that are apparently ancestors of humans so they want humans to stay dead. Also it revealed that apparently the machine that makes the robot people "alive" actually was destroyed a long time ago so it makes no sense why they are "alive". What the heck even is this story
I'm liking how Nintendo is getting 3rd party games on their system that it would never get before, but I also have some mixed feelings as many of those are ports of older titles. I think if people want news on the heavy hitters like zelda or mario they will have to wait for the e3 direct (I know e3 is cancelled but it seems likely nintendo and other companies will continue with their directs).

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

The Bravely Demo was the best part tho I wish the characters looked closer to the art they are based on.
Pokemon sucks.
Catherine is about 40 years too late.
There was a time where I would've gotten Bioshock but it's come and gone.
Bordelands sucks.
Xenoblade voices are annoying.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
It was an ok direct. I am interested in xenoblade HD (I played X on wii u and it was fun, though I will say the plot was incredibly weird with all the strange twists it took
Like how it turns out everyone is a human conciousness controling robots, but then it turns out actually none of humanity survived and the human robots are really just AI that has been fed an artificial personality of a former living person. So everyone is really dead/a machine and the only thing that can bring humanity back is a vat of biomass that can clone people and other living things. Elma also turns out to be an alien and the only living person that survived the trip and there is this whole weird thing about a cult that worships this long dead race of aliens that are apparently ancestors of humans so they want humans to stay dead. Also it revealed that apparently the machine that makes the robot people "alive" actually was destroyed a long time ago so it makes no sense why they are "alive". What the heck even is this story
I'm liking how Nintendo is getting 3rd party games on their system that it would never get before, but I also have some mixed feelings as many of those are ports of older titles. I think if people want news on the heavy hitters like zelda or mario they will have to wait for the e3 direct (I know e3 is cancelled but it seems likely nintendo and other companies will continue with their directs).

I was excited for third party games a year ago. Now it seems like it's just quick cash grabs where the pubs cheap out on their ports. Why in the hell is Nintendo letting 2K cheap out on a cart and only putting the first part of each game on it and requiring downloads for the rest?

Did they need Bioshock that badly? Seems like the only quality games on switch are either first or second party.

Last edited:
Top Bottom