• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoops

Banned
More of a bingo card then a prediction for the conference:

Super Mario Odyssey - gameplay trailer, November (3 minutes)
Fire Emblem Warriors - gameplay trailer, October (1 minute)
Fire Emblem Switch - cinematic teaser, 2018 (1 minute)
Animal Crossing Switch - gamepaly trailer, early 2018 (2 minutes)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - gameplay trailer, early 2018 (2 minutes)
Shin Megami Tensei Switch - story trailer, 2018 (1 minute)
Octopath Traveler - gameplay trailer, September (1 minute)
Sonic Mania and/or Forces - trailer, (1 minute)
Dark Souls Collection for Switch - gameplay trailer, November (1 minute)
No More Heroes 3 (working title) - cinematic trailer, 2018 (1 minute)
Indie sizzle real (3 minutes)
Platinum Games title - gamepaly trailer, early 2018 (1 minute)
Skyrim - trailer, November (1 minute)
Monster Hunter XX - gameplay trailer, November (1 minute)
Super Smash Bros. Switch - trailer, early 2018 (1 minute)
Rabbids x Mario - trailer, August (1 minute)
Arms/Splatoon 2/Pokken reminders - (3 minutes)
Zelda DLC - trailer, "pack 1 out now" (1 minute)
"One more thing" Retro Studios project, gameplay trailer, early 2018 (2 minutes)

That's 28 minutes.

Basically all of those guesses are realistic in of them self, but would they all be in one conference? Probably not.

Reggie said there will be "reveals and first looks" so I expect at least two new game announcements and gameplay of two games we haven't seen in action before.

Ready to be disappointed

Any chance of seeing another batch of DLC characters for Mario Kart 8 Switch? Holding hope for Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Birdo, Kamek, etc.

Also safe to assume the BotW DLC will be highlighted and perhaps a Smash tease or too early?

Hoping for Pikmin Switch as the big surprise.

CronoShot

I'm honestly keeping my expectations at bare minimum. Basically,

Oof... E3 has been sort of a downer this year. Keeping my expectations very low for Nintendo to avoid further disappointment.

Super Mario Odyssey (3-4 min)
Zelda BotW DLC 1 (2 min, possibly "available now." If not, it'll be due out in August or something)
Fire Emblem Warriors (2 min)
Mario + Rabbids (2 min)
Third Party/Indie rapid-fire announcements (10 min)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2, delayed to 2018 (3 min)
Brief tease of one unannounced 2018 1st party game (2 min)

The End.

But remove the bolded and replace with talk of the ARMS and Splatoon 2 competitions. The end will just be the Mario Odyssey blowout. No really major announcements.

J@hranimo

Banned
Everyone, lets go back to Platinum Metroid then!!!?(111!11

But who really wants that though?!?!?! D:

It won't stop until they make it. So if they never make it, it will NEVER stop. The meme shall live on beyond Millions of years until the universe is nothing. And yes it shall still live. BEYOND DUST!

But...

What if it actually happens?

Man if it happens then I'll just hope like when we all found out Platinum was working on Starfox Zero that it turns out ok.

evanmisha

Locking in my predictions:

Mario Odyssey trailer, Amiibo
Online service details
Another look at ARMS, showing off
the embargoed boss character and that he's
the first bit of free DLC
New Splatoon mode
Mario + Rabbids trailer focusing on multiplayer
From Software title
Tales Of title
Starlink trailer with a focus on the figures
Xenoblade 2 trailer
Fire Emblem Warriors trailer
Mid-tier Mario family title e.g. Captain Toad sequel or Peach focused game
3DS port, either Bravely Default 1+2 or Kid Icarus Uprising
Project Octopath Traveler trailer
Long-form 3rd party sizzle reel (FIFA, Xenoverse 2, Unlimited World RED, indies, etc.)
Super Mario Maker trailer
Breath of the Wild DLC trailer with a focus on pack 1 and a pack 2 tease
Metroid trailer, coming 2018

No Pokken, no Smash, no Animal Crossing. Mario Party 11 revealed in the Treehouse.

jnWake

Lmao Nintendo GAF had been surprisingly anti-hype until now. I love that everyone just decided to hype themselves with the wackiest expectations.

Oersted

no it does not, my point was not about the ammount it was about the meaning of it.

The highest thing i would expect from from (lol) would be a collection of the 3 games. But even that is unlikely when you consider how recent ringed city ist so maybe only a complete edition or so for dark souls 3

More developers announcing support for Switch than for Wii U from the getgo means something. Level 5 considered Wii U support. Now they work at atleast one Switch game.

Switch isn't Wii U.

Lmao Nintendo GAF had been surprisingly anti-hype until now. I love that everyone just decided to hype themselves with the wackiest expectations.

For a Nintendo thread this is currently extremely enthuasiastic.

Fireblend

Banned
Hope you're ready for new Metroid, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Star Tropics, Star Fox, Ice Climbers, Wrecking Crew, Karateka, Balloon Fighter, Yoshi, Kirby, Golden Sun, Pikmin, Doshin the Giant and Captain Rainbow games!

Astral Dog

Im a big fan of Metroid but the series doesn't mean much if they aren't in the proper hands. Wich don't include one of the original creators anymore.

Only Retro would do it justice at this point though i would be happy with anything as long as its not DK

JMY86

The ball is definitely in Nintendo's court now. Microsoft and Sony both had decent showings
but nothing spectacular. If they come out with a strong Mario showing which is pretty likely and a megaton announcement plus a couple other nice showings they have this easily locked up.

XandBosch

Im a big fan of Metroid but the series doesn't mean much if they aren't in the proper hands. Wich don't include one of the original creators anymore.

Only Retro would do it justice at this point though i would be happy with anything as long as its not DK

Not true. I'd argue that developers who grew up as true fans of what Metroid was could make a great Metroid game.

Light and Waves. Small request bud. But can you please throw some metroid shit in that pentagram?

tumblr_n2z36blUX21qbeq9po1_500.gif

GamerJM

Banned
Not gonna predict the whole conference but I think there's gonna be a big focus on Mario Odyssey. Maybe some on Xenoblade 2. Three new game announcements but all three are pretty substantial:

-Smash 4 Deluxe
-Pikmin 4
-New IP from Retro, either a straight-up action game like DMC or a shooter

I'm ready to be disappointed. Honestly I kinda like being disappointed at these things lol, disappointment > no emotion whatsoever.

Hydrus

So Reggie now said its a 25 minute presentation. Unless there's zero talking and 1 minute long trailers, looks like we'll only be seeing around 10 games. Most of them we've seen. I think maybe one new game we'll get.

sinonobu

Banned
So Reggie now said its a 25 minute presentation. Unless there's zero talking and 1 minute long trailers, looks like we'll only be seeing around 10 games. Most of them we've seen. I think maybe one new game we'll get.

'number of reveals' is what Reggie said.

I'm expecting at least 2 new game announcements

Hip Hop

That's how we can sum up the this years conferences from the Big 3.

"No surprises".

Sandfox

That's what the April Direct was like.

Really want to see more Odyssey. I liked 3D World, but the aesthetics of the levels themselves were a bit plain if that's the right word. Really liked the diversity I saw in the first trailer.

I'm actually thinking about selling my PS4 and Wii U and getting a Switch, and my gaming only be a couple of indies and first party Nintendo titles. Maybe it's because I'm in a stressfull period right now, but I'm kind of tired of all the violence and all the third person cinematic or open world games, and I just want some colorful games that put a smile on my face or I can relax with (Animal Crossing please Nintendo).

When the other conferences underperform people look to Nintendo and go: Now they have to save E3 since they are the last to go. But it's not like Nintendo can magically make their announcements better just because the rest were subpar and they smell blood in the water. All they can do is show what they have, but it is positive for them at least that one of the best received games so far has been Mario + rabbids. Which is a weird thing to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom