• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

if anything, nintendo should buy out playtonic and get them to crank out 3D platformers

probably would be worth it for them, honestly. it would be like getting rare back.

Plum

If it ends up being this then Gamexplain really oversold it.

I doubt it will be. The only place to report on it was a not exactly reputable website and neither Rabbids nor Yoshi inspire much actual hype from fans, GameXplain wouldn't talk about it like they did if they knew it was that.

kAmui-

NOE is nothing if not great with indie relations.

I'm sure we'll get a good indie sizzle reel at some point showcasing quite a few indie games in the pipeline. I suspect they'll show stuff from their closest partners on the 12th.

I'm thinking...
-Shovel Knight
-World to the West
-Yooka Laylee
-Fast Racing Neo
-Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero (or a collection?)
-Next Steamworld game
-Next game from KnapKnock
-Stardew Valley
-Undertale

Will all be there at or very near launch.

Playing Stardew Valley on the go would be so freaking awesome! Super Meat Boy released on WiiU just this year, so maybe there is hope that it could also come to Switch (unfortunately with a inferior soundtrack :( ). It's one of my all time favorite games so I would buy that in a heartbeat. FTL would also be perfect for short game sessions on the go.

Shizza

You guys have to separate what Emily said and what GameXplain said.

Emily said it's a new IP in like Splatoon having that zaniness to it.

Gamexplain said their game is "weird" and "unbelievable".

Liam said there's a crossover game and I'm guessing that's GameXplains game. Emily's game is something we don't know since it's just a New IP in general.

I'm going with Nintendo x Rare RPG, releasing holiday 2017 on Switch and Scorpio.

random25

Guys, it's probably just Pocket Hunter, a Pokémon X Monster Hunter crossover where instead of a cat assistant, you have Pikachu and instead of capturing Pokémon, you hunt and slay them for skins, bones and other materials to be used for equipment.

Time to get hype! Maybe... Eurogamer says they have more Switch news coming tomorrow:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-17-the-3d-printed-nintendo-switch-is-a-brilliant-fake

Rumors are flooding like crazy lately. Maybe we'll know just about everything before January 12 lol.

Guys, it's probably just Pocket Hunter, a Pokémon X Monster Hunter crossover where instead of a cat assistant, you have Pikachu and instead of capturing Pokémon, you hunt and slay them for skins, bones and other materials to be used for equipment.

Rumors are flooding like crazy lately. Maybe we'll know just about everything before January 12 lol.

wow that is dark dude

Pokemon will not go pass :fainted:

Plum

Hmm, maybe this is want Liam meant when he wrote this:

I hope it isn't "major surprise game" big. Those are the worst kinds of leaks as all they do is take away from that wow moment at the actual reveal.

Something to do with the console itself, third party support (that isn't a crossover/collaboration) or one of the already shown games would be great.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I hope it isn't "major surprise game" big. Those are the worst kinds of leaks as all they do is take away from that wow moment at the actual reveal.

I don't see it that way. You just get the wow moment earlier. It's even more of a surprise as during the event you expect surprises. One might get even more excited following these kind of leaks than going into the event with very high expectations.

oti

Banned
Time to get hype! Maybe... Eurogamer says they have more Switch news coming tomorrow:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-17-the-3d-printed-nintendo-switch-is-a-brilliant-fake

16VBc1a.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Plum

I don't see it that way. You just get the wow moment earlier. It's even more of a surprise as during the event you expect surprises. One might get even more excited following these kind of leaks than going into the event with very high expectations.

Except, to me, seeing a thread on GAF is nowhere near as hype as my first look at a game being of a trailer at an event I've waited months for. I said earlier, but imagine if FFVII, Shenmue 3 and TLG were known to be shown at Sony's conference, it would suck.

People also seem to subconsciously see a reveal as "less hype" if this happens. Ryu in Smash had people disappointed because it was leaked.

Lutherian

The writer(s) did fine considering what they could only do with a limited budget.

Doesn't matter, at one point, you have to realize that some things won't work. Take Tatsu. Take Lao's reasons for
betrayal
, his
fusion with the "ADN"
, or even using the song "The key we've lost" for the final fight (I know it's not the writer(s) fault -or is it ?-).

None of this make any sense. I know they had to do a lot of work when they decided to remove the main character and let players create their own, but damn, is it bad.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Except, to me, seeing a thread on GAF is nowhere near as hype as my first look at a game being of a trailer at an event I've waited months for. I said earlier, but imagine if FFVII, Shenmue 3 and TLG were known to be shown at Sony's conference, it would suck.

FFVII and TLG were known here on GAF before the conference, but nobody believed it.

Emily said she had her turn at Mario Kart.

in reply to @Mazzle5
Emily Rogers
8m
Emily Rogers‏ @ArcadeGirl64
@Mazzle5 I had my turn with Mario Kart. :)

They talked about 3D Mario, Splatoon, Skyrim, Zelda and Mario Kart. lol it's like they're taking turns with Switch info.

I think Eurogamer, Emily and Laura are working together.

oti

Banned
It's kinda sad for Nintendo at this point with all these leaks but if you play the "no news until we say so" game, play it right.

LiamR

I think Eurogamer, Emily and Laura are working together.

Everyone works with each other on this kinda stuff. There is a small circle on the Nintendo side of things that helps each other out. It's no secret. I'm glad everyone can be so friendly with one another because it benefits the wider community in the long run, even if it means some secrecy is required while vetting things.

The report from Eurogamer is totally gonna be Pokémon.

I will cry tears of joy if this happens. Let me play Sun/Moon on Switch next fall and bring over my Pokemon via Pokemon Bank.

That leak would be REALLY bad for Sun/Moon sales on 3DS. If it turns out to be Eclipse or something like that, that is.

Eh... It's not like that news is going to hit the mainstream media. Pokemon Sun and Moon already have 10 million copies shipped to retailers... I'd wager that hardcore Pokemon fans don't want to wait for the Switch to play. Non-hardcore fans that may already own a 3DS probably won't wait and buy new hardware either.

jonno394

They get no sympathy from me. They've been dragging this on waaaaaaay too long.

Was about to post this, after we all expected Switch at E3, for Nintendo to expect the ship not to spring any leaks between then and the middle of January 2017.....they made their bed, lie in it.

Hydrus

That leak would be REALLY bad for Sun/Moon sales on 3DS. If it turns out to be Eclipse or something like that, that is.

Nah, SM is gonna sell 10 million plus regardless. Not expecting the next pokemon game until October 2017 at the earliest.

Oersted

Everyone works with each other on this kinda stuff. There is a small circle on the Nintendo side of things that helps each other out. It's no secret. I'm glad everyone can be so friendly with one another because it benefits the wider community in the long run, even if it means some secrecy is required while vetting things.

Yeah, I wasn't saying it as a negative thing. It's good to see everyone corroborating and stuff.

So, tomorrow you think Eurogamer will talk about the crossover game?

oti

Banned
Nah, SM is gonna sell 10 million plus regardless. Not expecting the next pokemon game until October 2017 at the earliest.

News of a port on a better system breaking on release day? Of course it would move the needle of public perception somewhat. Not for all those 3DS game presents under the Christmas trees, but Pokémon has a huge older fanbase who'll most likely see this on imgur or on Social Media.

MomoQca

Doesn't matter, at one point, you have to realize that some things won't work. Take Tatsu. Take Lao's reasons for
betrayal
, his
fusion with the "ADN"
, or even using the song "The key we've lost" for the final fight (I know it's not the writer(s) fault -or is it ?-).

None of this make any sense. I know they had to do a lot of work when they decided to remove the main character and let players create their own, but damn, is it bad.

Sure, some things don't work in the story. But it's silly to complain about the writing when the main story isn't even the main focus of the game. It's all about the exploration and the world of Mira. That's what makes Xenoblade Chronicles X truly shine. And besides, the writing in a good chunk of normal missions is pretty great. IIRC in the Iwata Asks, the team said they focused specifically on the side missions. They put their heart and soul in the missions.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Neah, I doubt it's going to be about Pokemon. Eurogamer has no interest in making Nintendo react more to all these leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom