• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiamR

That's understandable, I can be patient. All these rumours lately have got me wanting.

You will know it when you see it.

What's up with Mother 3 by the way? Still coming?

Dunno. Emily kinda pledged that it would come out in 2016, but I never agreed with her on that. All I ever said was that it was being localised at Nintendo of Europe earlier this year, which I still stand by. That was more or less the last I heard of it. There is reason to believe that it's just sitting there, done, waiting for a release. Given how this is the case with a number of Switch games, I can only assume that they plan to release it on Switch. It would be an easy win for them and a great way to build goodwill among fans around launch.

Plum

l don't get it. Why would people reporting on rumors be coy about this game specifically?

Maybe they're just nice and don't want to ruin a big surprise?

If you knew about the TLG, FFVII, Shenmue 3 bombs before E3 2015 would you want to leak it?

That and NDAs, but as Dark Cloud suggested that might not be the entire reason.

You can keep that guess. I like Pikmin as it is now. :p

My nice speculation is Eternal Dark(ness) Souls.

Nice wordplay, I approve!

Anyway, in all seriousness this game has been described as "weird" by ER and by the Gamexplain guys. Another unannounced game that's been described as "weird"?

That third unannounced From game. So yeah my money is on a From x Nintendo collaboration. Pikmin Souls sounds far too weird, but I'm not sure what other Nintendo franchise done by From would qualify as weird.

Zelda, Metroid, or Fire Emblem wouldn't be terribly out of place and therefore not weird. Mario would be weird maybe. Kirby? That could be very cool if they nail copying abilities...

Kirby Souls is now my guess!

Shiggy

Dunno. Emily kinda pledged that it would come out in 2016, but I never agreed with her on that. All I ever said was that it was being localised at Nintendo of Europe earlier this year, which I still stand by. That was more or less the last I heard of it. There is reason to believe that it's just sitting there, done, waiting for a release. Given how this is the case with a number of Switch games, I can only assume that they plan to release it on Switch. It would be an easy win for them and a great way to build goodwill among fans around launch.

That sounds pretty much like NoE.

Aldric

Anyway, in all seriousness this game has been described as "weird" by ER and by the Gamexplain guys. Another unannounced game that's been described as "weird"?

That third unannounced From game. So yeah my money is on a From x Nintendo collaboration. Pikmin Souls sounds far too weird, but I'm not sure what other Nintendo franchise done by From would qualify as weird.

Zelda, Metroid, or Fire Emblem wouldn't be terribly out of place and therefore not weird. Mario would be weird maybe. Kirby? That could be very cool if they nail copying abilities...

The game Rogers described as weird is supposed to be a new ip in the vein of Splatoon, it doesn't really fit with the idea of a crossover between Nintendo and a third party.

Judging from those replies above me, I may need to bail out from GAF and un-follow all GAF members' and insiders' Twitter accounts to avoid being spoiled about the Jan Direct. I really don't want to know more about any Switch software info.

You guys have to separate what Emily said and what GameXplain said.

Emily said it's a new IP in like Splatoon having that zaniness to it.

Gamexplain said their game is "weird" and "unbelievable".

Liam said there's a crossover game and I'm guessing that's GameXplains game. Emily's game is something we don't know since it's just a New IP in general.

The game Rogers described as weird is supposed to be a new ip in the vein of Splatoon, it doesn't really fit with the idea of a crossover between Nintendo and a third party.

You guys have to separate what Emily said and what GameXplain said.

Emily said it's a new IP in like Splatoon having that zaniness to it.

Gamexplain said their game is "weird" and "unbelievable".

Liam said there's a crossover game and I'm guessing that's GameXplains game. Emily's game is something we don't know since it's just a New IP in general.

Oh somehow I missed all of that. Thanks guys.

Then I'm back to Pikmin Souls because I have no other ideas.

Oh somehow I missed all of that. Thanks guys.

Then I'm back to Pikmin Souls because I have no other ideas.
I feel like that's too much Pikmin lol

-Pikmin 3DS slated for spring I believe
-Pikmin 4 for Switch

And then another Pikminesque game seems like it's too much I think.

I feel like that's too much Pikmin lol

-Pikmin 3DS slated for spring I believe
-Pikmin 4 for Switch

And then another Pikminesque game seems like it's too much I think.

Pikmin is 15 years old this year!

Maybe 2017 will be the year of Pikmin?

FYI I do not actually believe this

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Weird? Xeno Souls. The planet Mira deserves another game.

Well, Soraya Saga did retweet the January presentation. We're bound to get something...right? RIGHT!?

After XCX, I will actually die from happiness if we get anything Xeno related in January. One of my favourite games of the generation. Come at me, XC fanboys.

Baleoce

What if the crazy game is a Mario x Banjo Kazooie collaboration?!? :O

Thinking about it, I'd absolutely love to hear Charles Martinets voice acting that he does for the Mario series, in the Banjo-Kazooie style. Characters like Wario would be hilarious xD

M-PG71C

Well, Soraya Saga did retweet the January presentation. We're bound to get something...right? RIGHT!?

I'm with you, that is all I care about. I want to see the next Xenoblade. I loved both XC and XCX as separate but equal entries. I'm ready for a new one!

As for Mother 3, if that hit launch, they can fucking keep Zelda. Between the new 3D Mario and Mother 3, I'm good.

I know you guys are joking, but who's to say there's not a Microsoft X Nintendo collaboration? It's still so weird to me Nintendo congratulated MS for the Xboxes 15th anniversary. I don't think they've done it before.

Maybe Banjo has a chance to appear on a Nintendo system?

Anth0ny

I know you guys are joking, but who's to say there's not a Microsoft X Nintendo collaboration? It's still so weird to me Nintendo congratulated MS for the Xboxes 15th anniversary. I don't think they've done it before.

minecraft switch bundles is probably the most they'll do

Nintendo has Mario, Donkey (and Yooka-Laylee).

They don't need Banjo. Microsoft has basically nothing of interest to Nintendo, apart from Minecraft (would be huge on Switch).

Nintendo has Mario, Donkey (and Yooka-Laylee).

They don't need Banjo. Microsoft has basically nothing of interest to Nintendo, apart from Minecraft (would be huge on Switch).

You can never have enough good IPs. We haven't had a Banjo Kazooie game in 20 years or so. Idc about Minecraft because that's probably a given. 3D Platformers are rare nowadays too.

You can never have enough good IPs. We haven't had a Banjo Kazooie game in 20 years or so. Idc about Minecraft because that's probably a given. 3D Platformers are rare nowadays too.

Of course. Not saying I wouldn't want Banjo.

But from Nintendo's perspective, it makes no sense to go through all the effort of collaborating with Microsoft to get a B-tier (don't quote me on that) 3D platform character when they've got the entire A-list on deck.

And Yooka-Laylee is already coming to Nintendo platforms, so there's that too.

It's a pipe dream but I'd love to have Rare's N64 games on the Switch's VC. Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark on the go would be nifty.

It's a pipe dream but I'd love to have Rare's N64 games on the Switch's VC. Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark on the go would be nifty.

Playing Perfect Dark on Rare Replay gave me the worst nausea. Something about the floatyness upped to 60fps made me sick instantly.

Down for B-K on Switch though :)

Rare Replay on Switch would be really great. I hope they make that happen. Rare deserves it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
There are some surprises left. Unfortunately, I think one of the bigger ones will leak out before long. It won't come from myself, though. I don't particularly want to leak any unannounced games for Switch because people are so passionate about the Directs, which I have learned to respect, and I like to see their reactions. Also, I've been on the receiving end of the "you ruined the surprise!" blowback and it's not pleasant.

Thank you for doing that. Let hope other people would respect that.

I hope it's Nintendo Vs. Capcom

Playing Perfect Dark on Rare Replay gave me the worst nausea. Something about the floatyness upped to 60fps made me sick instantly.

Down for B-K on Switch though :)

Rare Replay on Switch would be really great. I hope they make that happen. Rare deserves it.
I always liked the idea of a Nintendo focused Rare Replay. Get rid of the Xbox games, put in Star Fox Adventures and all the DK games, and instead of using the XBLA editions, have the Banjo games and PD run on an N64 emulator like Conker does.

It's cool if Nintendo gets Rare Replay, but makes no sense to get a brand new Banjo Kazooie game? Ok lol

I can't wait to play old Rare games that's already on Xbox and probably PC.

EVH

It's cool if Nintendo gets Rare Replay, but makes no sense to get a brand new Banjo Kazooie game? Ok lol

We are going to get Yooka-Laylee anyway and the game is looking fantastic.

Well, Rare Replay is ready to go. Only has to be ported over, which should be relatively easy given what Nvidia has said.

Funding a new Banjo game is something else entirely.

You really going to 'Ok lol' that?...

And ffs let's not kid ourselves, none of this is actually happening

Genio88

I feel pretty good about the rumors, the price looks awesome if there really will be a premium pack with more storage and Splatoon for 299€ that'll be my day one purchase, also can't wait fpr the new 3d Mario...can't wait fpr official information next January, of those rumors will be conformed i'll be pretty happy, i'd still like to know more about hardware specs detail though, how powerful will it be and what'll be the battery life, hopefully something about that will leak before January but i doubt that

All my dreams of Banjo coming back have been crushed. 😢

Well, I can still hope for Nintendo X Kingdom Hearts.

Sylvester-Stallone.gif

How do you all feel about the idea of My Nintendo coins being incorporated into the Switch? Do you think Nintendo should offer coins for daily tasks like in Miitomo? How would you like to see them used throughout the console and games?

Real shame Playtonic's stuck working on the Wii U version. Would of been great to get it out on Switch right when it first comes out.
NOE is nothing if not great with indie relations.

I'm sure we'll get a good indie sizzle reel at some point showcasing quite a few indie games in the pipeline. I suspect they'll show stuff from their closest partners on the 12th.

I'm thinking...
-Shovel Knight
-World to the West
-Yooka Laylee
-Fast Racing Neo
-Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero (or a collection?)
-Next Steamworld game
-Next game from KnapKnock
-Stardew Valley
-Undertale

Will all be there at or very near launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom